McDonald's

Ireland590 reviews

Clear

Found 127 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,437 reviews

Busy, hardest Part was customers

Busy spot. You get what you put in to it. Hardest part was dealing with rude customers. Learned time management and de-escalation skills. OK as a part time job

Lovely environment, great management

Management and colleagues were all friendly and helpful, lots of opportunity to progress, they were quite flexible with hours, managers are very approachable to talk to about any concerns

Decent workplace, very stressful at times and underpaid, although the staff is normally very pleasant to work with.

From my experience, the staff is easy to work with. When it comes to management, it depends on the manager's working. Some of them are awful and act inappropriately, while others are fantastic. The best thing about the job, would be the free food and the opportunity to get work experience and make friends. For the work you do and what you have to deal with, the staff should be getting paid at least 12 euro/hour. Depending on your work ethic, you can be promoted fairly quickly, although multiple managers were vocal about it not really being worth it.` The flexibility of working hours is also a benefit. Although due to the work culture and pay, I wouldn't recommend it.

Fun workplace, good managers

Good workplace, people are very friendly and nice, it’s very easy to get promoted, plus they provide you manager course if you are good in job you do.

Good place to work, free food, free parking, flexible working pattern, easy going boss. Good team culture, people from all walks of life, good place to start your career.

A me piaceva il contatto con la gente, con i colleghi si diventa amici, ma quando inizi a fare carriera le cose cambiano.

In Italia non ci ho mai lavorato, ma in Irlanda chi vale fa carriera, io in 2 anni ero già manager. Ti pagano per ogni secondo in più di lavoro, hai un meal per la pausa dei 30 min, e un caffè per la pausa dei 15 min.

Pros

Lavoro di gruppo, paga e ambiente amichevole

Cons

Devi essere veloce, organizzato e pieno di entusiasmo, senno non puoi tenere i ritmi

Buen ambiente

Buen ambiente y trabajo en equipo. A veces puede ser estresante

Pros

Compañeros

Cons

Estrés

Fun workplace

Really enjoyed my time at McDonald's worked there about a year was a great team to work with & enjoyed the challenge, many fond memories. Very busy environment

Not reccomend Mc very low pay...for work you should do....nobody respext!

Very low pay for work you do! nobody respects.maY be fo part time and students ok.Before was good staff and was pleasure to work...now management is changed...!

Was a great place to work

When i worked there it was a great place to work staff were great manager looked after you helped you when it was busy the would do jobs just like crew members

Pros

Lunch was free

Cons

Hours wasn't bad

Great first Job for young people

Great training for crew. Training not always prioritized following promotions though. Very nice staff and relatively easy work. Great management team and wonderful culture.

Pros

Lots of job security

Cons

Isolated work site, extremely busy

Buen trabajo enn equipo, y comunicación

El lugar de trabajo, era muy acogedor, ambiente familiar, buena comunicación entre compañeros y los jefes cuidaban mucho de sus empleados.

Pros

el sueldo

Cons

No tenía seguro médico

Good workplace overall.

Great co-members to work with. The managers who were Irish were a delight to work with, they were bossy but all in the correct ways. Some of the foreign managers were just too rude and blamed you for a mistake you didn't even do, just blind guesses. My only suggestion would be to keep a good rapport with all managers. The hardest part of my job would be having to work with such managers on the same shift. On the good side, you get paid fairly well and definitely above the minimum wage, good opportunities to grow within the company and make a lot of friends for sure.

Pros

Free meals while on shifts, Discounted or half priced meals while off shifts

Cons

Politics by foreign managers to prefer their own community, racism to some extent

for a student help

I am a part time job in MC Donald I am a Chinese student,when I worked in mc Donald ,our team will help me how to work. most of manager are kindly and friendly,they help new staff ,trained us .

loved working there the place and people are amazing

after only a few day working in mcdonald is easy. would recomed for anyone wanting a fun job with lots of socal benifits. you meet great people including the mangers

make great friends

McDonalds is a good job if you are in college as they are understanding with hours you can work one day a week and after college hours basically whatever days suit you. while I worked there I felt as if it was sexist as in the men only worked in kitchen and not many men knew how to work anywhere else and very few girls worked in kitchen. the girls get trained everywhere very few get trained in kitchen so we can work on any section but we all mainly wanted to work in kitchen but the boys always got first pick as its not a womens job i guess. i felt as if the men got away with a lot more then the girls when it came to being late, messing,lazy and not working hard enough. some managers I had were amazing and so kind and understanding others not so much and some didnt deserve to be. the power got to some of their heads. I had one manager that cared so much about everyone and even their outside work life if anything was wrong he would always try and make work easier for you. the pay is minimum wage and a extra 10c i think on a Sunday. Should be more but better than nothing. over all its not that bad you need to be thick skinned as some customers and managers are rude you cant let it get to your heart. You do make great life long friends there that make the day better when it wasnt busy we had great chats with all the staff on that shift great laughs and learned a lot about different cultures as there is a lot of different nationalities working there.

Productive Fun and Stressful

It was a good company to work for, the benefits were great. I had great support from my supervisors and management team in the beginning when I was struggling in the kitchen. But with their help progressed on.

Good people to work with

worked in various stations throughout the day, learned how to deal with customers, management was adequate although sometimes made working here more difficult than it needed to be

fun workplace

A typical day of work at McDonalds is a fun and its also a great place to learn new skills. I've learned how to cook food the management is great. The workplace is always fun and enjoyable. I don't think anything there is hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you're taking someone's order and you make them laugh or smile it feels like I've made there day better.

Pros

great management

Cons

training hours

Great times back then!!

Very friendly and great staff'' But to be honest it was along time ago.. Great team work and it was the best place to work back then I love my time back then

Travail très dense mais ambiance très agréable

Le travail dans cette entreprise est assez fatiguant et le rythme soutenu (travail de nuit, le matin très tôt ou en plein milieu de l'après-midi, très peu de temps de pause, journée longue) mais l'esprit d'équipe est vraiment plaisant (équipe très jeune, dynamique, esprit d'équipe sans mauvais élément désagréable).

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement