McDonald's

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

Found 85 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,437 reviews

Good first job

Very good for first/part-time job. Great promotional opportunities as all managers are promoted with in the restaurant and start as crew. Very good training for promotions, get first aid training every two years.

I’m on anti depression medication

They brought in more inexperienced staff when we just needed more good, experienced staff. I felt guilt tripped in taking more hours and over praised into staying

Pros

free lunch under a tenner

Cons

customer called me a slur. I’m autistic, do the maths.

Lavoro ripetitivo ma ben retribuito

Il lavoro in se non è particolarmente stimolante anche se è ben retribuito e ci sono molte possibilità di progressione di carriera.

Not great

Not great work life balance, used to be an enjoyable place to work before the pandemic covid changed the workplace as I’m sure it has many of jobs it’s a shame

Great for people with no experience

Overall it was fun mostly most the staff are nice enough and welcoming gained a lot of experience and knowledge giving j had no working experience before

Pros

Free food Able to progress in your postions

Cons

Long hours monotone job

Good place to work, free food, free parking, flexible working pattern, easy going boss. Good team culture, people from all walks of life, good place to start your career.

Fast paced work environment. Good opportunities for progression. Lots of training and opportunities to develop your skills.

Great place to work. Very fast paced environment so can be stressful at times. Good opportunities for career progression to move up the ladder if you are a hard worker. Good employee benefits. Flexible working hours to suit all needs.

Pros

Free meal on each shift, plenty of progression opportunities, good fun

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful at times, high turnover of staff

productive and fun work place

productive and fun work place Typical day included attending customers and getting orders out as fast as possible but there is no advancement or raise. Wonderful place to work as long as you don't have kids. Schedules conflict a lot of the time. Friendly people that work hard together to get everything done properly and efficiently.

A me piaceva il contatto con la gente, con i colleghi si diventa amici, ma quando inizi a fare carriera le cose cambiano.

In Italia non ci ho mai lavorato, ma in Irlanda chi vale fa carriera, io in 2 anni ero già manager. Ti pagano per ogni secondo in più di lavoro, hai un meal per la pausa dei 30 min, e un caffè per la pausa dei 15 min.

Pros

Lavoro di gruppo, paga e ambiente amichevole

Cons

Devi essere veloce, organizzato e pieno di entusiasmo, senno non puoi tenere i ritmi

Toxic environment

Would not recommend anyone to work here most toxic environment to work in.Promotions are only given to managers friends other than that you don’t stand a chance at all.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No outside of work life

Be productive

My review only apply to the McDonalds I worked in, not to the company as a whole. I had little career advancement possibilities, little support from store manager and worked less hours I was contracted for. All though, my hourly pay rate was higher than minimum pay at the time. I loved people who I worked with. Liked the structure and the fact that I worked in different areas on daily basis that made it fun and interesting for me.

Pros

Possibility of career advancement based on personal score

Cons

Difficult management

Mcdonald's is an amazing company to work for, overall the managers are great and there is always opportunities given to learn and move up in your career

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Salary could be better

Toxic Environment

Made the decision to leave because the managers became bitter towards me when I got the opportunity to pursue my dream job. Was told “It’s good that you have other ambitions but you have to make us believe that you want to be here”This was because I requested to go part time as I was starting an internship. Was given the choice to give up my dream because they need full time staff, or quit so I left the next day and haven’t looked back since!

Shocking place to work

Worst experience of my life working with McDonald’s. As a college student the times are not flexible as described, management is shocking. Promotion is down to people you know and not on merit. Horrible atmosphere.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Not Flexibility + no promotion gained from merit.

Great first Job for young people

Great training for crew. Training not always prioritized following promotions though. Very nice staff and relatively easy work. Great management team and wonderful culture.

Pros

Lots of job security

Cons

Isolated work site, extremely busy

Good for part time

Easy entry level job. A little over minimum wage. Plenty of hours, if wanted. Lots of training. Progression available. Experience varies depending on franchise owner.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Physically hard work, cleaning and lifting

No social life and bad managment.

Worked for MCDONALD'S for 5 years in total all the way up to working as a shift manager and I must say I was miserable, lots of unprofessional drama that managers would also be involved in , constantly criticised and above else horrible working hours which they could cut as they see fit leaving you extremely stuck for money. I'm sure not all stores are bad but considering mine was extremely busy and 24 hours that made a huge impact.

Pros

Advancement in the company

Cons

All over the place shifts, stressful, bad management, pay not great for the work you do even at managment level

Unbalanced

Working at McDonald’s was a great experience the majority of staff were great to work with but the management was terrible. They never balanced the shifts fairly and it was hard for me to have a social life or even go to the gym at proper times. They also told me Id be on a probationary contract for 6 months but I worked there for 8 and and never received anything else.

Pros

I learned many other skills that I’ll be able to bring to other jobs.

Cons

If the store manager had more of a liking for you you’d be in more of a chance with a promotion.

short and sweet

it is a very intense and energy-draining job worth all benefits from the job a lot of personalities premature promotions sometimes a friendly environment

Pros

one free lunch a day

Cons

sometimes unfriendly environment to work in

Meeting new people but poor management

Unfortunately, certain managers are difficult to deal with and I found the more I wanted to grow in the company, the more I felt unmotivated to do so.

Great student job

McDonald's is a great entry level job, or part time job but I wouldn't recommend it to the more experienced worker, where manager ages can range to early 20s, where I have friends, who have their degrees completed, are in McDonalds a few years but lack the life experience for their managerial roles. It can be a very rewarding job if you work hard but the minimum wage pay can be disheartening or the lack of work effort with other employees.

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • McDonald's
  • Job security & advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?