Play YouTube video button

McCabes Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Featured review
McCabes Pharmacy selected this as a representative review
Excellent workplace
OTC/Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rush, CO29 April 2018
I enjoyed working in this company, good environment with freindly people.

My collegues in work were from different backgrounds, i found it easy to work with them

most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public serving the customers
Hard work and quite
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin10 November 2019
The job is to easy, just sweep and mop. I worked as a cleaner not as a sales person but the environment was so nice, the people there is kind and gentle
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin8 August 2019
great job to work for
learned new things everyday
very accommadating
friendly staff and customers
very busy shop
great managment
recommend this job to anyone
Pros
very busy
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 May 2019
Really nice place to work, the other staff were very helpful and hardworking. Learned a lot about a variety of different products, placing orders, merchandising, make up appointments, making hampers and gift packs for customers. Was always busy but never felt overloaded with work as everyone would work together to get the job done! I even enjoyed working the Christmas period there which is usually quite stressful! Only downside to the job is the pay is very low and was let go after Christmas with a very short notice due to budget. Overall it was a great experience that unfortunately came to an abrupt end.
Pros
Lovely staff, nice managers, team work, christmas gifts
Cons
Very low pay, hours can be cut suddenly
Mc Cabes
OTC Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin6 June 2018
They need to respect their staff more for what they do. Teach their so called supervisors knowledge of their areas in charge or even have a supervisor who knows what they are doing. Pay is terrible for long hours as well as not communicating with the staff.
Pros
Friendly enough staff
Cons
Long hours, no canteen and not even training
Enjoyable
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 October 2017
During my week work experience, I got to work in diffrent sections of the shop like stock take, filling shelves, and working in the photo booth. The photo booth was my favorite because I got to work with diffrent machines.
Pros
New experiences
otc
Over the Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malahide, County Dublin19 September 2017
This was a job I had many years ago , and was working as an over the counter , I enjoyed my time in mccabes , and made a lot of friends , whom I am still friends with
we were kept up to date on any new products , and were always being given spot questions
unfair
Trainee pharmacist technician (Former Employee) –  Malahide, County Dublin12 September 2017
wage is ridiculous , management is unorganised with people from different companies who know nothing about pharmacy , i was really good at my job and my tutor was by far one of the best in the company
Pros
good fun
Cons
wage is ridiculous
Educational and a friendly environment to work in
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick27 July 2017
My typical day of work in Mc Cabes was recording the delivery, stacking shelves, I would help out with the passport photos and also helping a customer find what he/she was looking for.
The staff and management were so friendly and so easy to talk to and get along with.
The hardest part of the job was probablt for me recording the delivery and checking to make sure everything was delivered because the scanners would just stop working sometimes.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the staff and the fun we had in the break room.
Pros
Getting to meet new people
Cons
There was no con for me personally
productive workplace
sales and pharmaceutical assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick30 May 2017
All the staff are kind, polite and helpful. I found stocking the shelves the most difficult job as there were fragile and expensive products to handle.
A number of staff changes recently
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2017
I started working with in 2012 there was a good team.
I learned a lot from my colleagues it was a nice workplace productive and fun.
Recently there has been a change of of management.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Travel time
Fun entertaining workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Limerick21 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in McCabe's pharmacy. I was able to work as a sales assistant, as a stock room assistant, as a cashier. As a result, I was always able to enjoy my time working there.
Dinamico
Reponedor de Piso de Venta - Verano (Former Employee) –  Dublin - Irlanda31 March 2017
Mi paso por la empresa fue breve pero fue una oportunidad para perfeccionar mi ingles y tener contacto con el publico en general en un país de habla inglesa.

Fue muy dinámico y todo el equipo era muy respetuoso.
Pros
Idioma
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin20 March 2017
It was a good experience to work there. i really like working with everyone there, we had a good working relationship with easy communication. My manager was always cleared with all task that are needed to done.
productive and busy
Health Care advisor (Current Employee) –  all of North Dublin28 February 2017
HealthCare Advisor, stock take, ordering products, helping in the despensary, cleaning and maintaining the pharmacy, floating ariund to other pharmacies to cover peoples shifts, opening and closing the shop,completing the cash at the end of the day.
Cons
long hours standing all day
Great working environment with great people
OTC Sales Advisor / Cosmetic Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 February 2017
During a typical day at work I enjoy helping customers who visit our store looking for advice on health and beauty.

I have met some really nice people on my journey with McCabes and I feel I need to move on to progress my career in this field.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with middle management as there is constant changes and I feel that I'm being left behind as a result if this.

The most enjoyable part of the job is doing something that I love and have a lot passion for.
Pros
Sales Reps - Free goods :-)
Cons
Working hours are not consistant
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick19 September 2016
I really enjoyed working here as it taught me great communication skills and how to deal with the customers.
the staff was highly professional and encouraging.
I did not get pad as it was a volunteered position.