Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 3,629 reviews
Excellent workplace with potential for advancement.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland18 October 2019
Plenty of opportunity to work cross functionally and globally. Management were open to opinion and listened to their employees which fosters a good working environment.
Productive yet unexciting
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Galway26 September 2019
Learned a lot about the running and maintenance of the cleanrooms, communicated with people that were more experienced than myself and was paid fairly.
Overall valuable experience yet little room to advance.
supportive and success driven
product builder (Former Employee) –  Galway17 September 2019
good team environment. leaders are supportive and understanding.
provide progression routes and careers advancement opportunities. very strict on punctuality, vigilance and quality of work
Fun workplace
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland30 August 2019
not many opportunities to advance/do overtime etc, but great workplace culture - everyone was really friendly & supportive. Great health&safety too - manager ensured breaks were taken for stretches etc.
Pros
many paid breaks
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement
Great Company if your Permanent
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway24 August 2019
As a contract worker , you are made to feel like a second class citizen , with no rights . You can’t speak up about anything as it’s frowned upon. Or you are noted as a trouble maker . It’s head down & keep working . Say nothing . Do all the overtime, extra shifts & work hard. This is then not reflected if you apply for any job

Some staff are very nice & friendly , other Medtronic staff are very Vindictive. Reporting you for doing your job , checking your work even tho they are not trained in your area .
Pros
Plenty of over time, good if your full time staff
Cons
Contract staff are treated badly, wages could be a lot better
Bad culture and enviroment
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland11 August 2019
People in top positions too long t a culture of company second yourself first in managment a lot of little gangs with authority looking after each other in general the general workforce is great to work with its the culture of. management and their "FRIENDS" that is wrong This is nothing new it is well known and nothing is done
Pros
Job sadisfaction
Cons
Bad personal managment
great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Parkmore, County Galway1 August 2019
great place to work if you want quick fire experience and money,long term isnt an option as they get rid of you before 23 months which is the huge downside.
Excellent Worklife Balance
Cardiovascular Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Galway29 April 2019
Medtronic is a great company to work for with many exciting opportunities!! Medtronic creates top quality and innovative medical products! Working hours were very manageable and provide an excellent work life balance
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Canteen food
Great work environment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway28 December 2018
Great place to work, days were kept busy and great opportunity for overtime. Loved having the opportunity to work overtime and bank it for pay or hours. Generous holidays
Depend on which area you work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway10 November 2018
If you are a contract staff then you get treated differently than permanent staff. You have no rights, and very little privileges and your contract can be terminated at any time without warning. Some Supervisors take advantage of you because they know you can be let go at anytime. If they don't like you then you they will make you live in fear of them.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
You get bullied as contract staff, supervisors and mangers really use their powers to gt rid of you.
Daily week working in Medtronic
QA Release Inspector (Former Employee) –  Galway31 October 2018
I learned a lot about work culture and communicating with other people in a big organisation. The importance of meeting deadlines, business quarters and preparing for internal and external audits.

I learned how to co-ordinate with groups site wide in Manufacturing, Qulaity Control and Compliance in order to ensure product was released. A good example of this would be a new product launch.

Working with Medtronic made me realise the importance of the products they make and how they have a lasting, positive impact on people's lives. This highlighted the importance of my role as a QA Release worker. We were tasked with ensuring all our finished medical devices were made to the highest standards, that finished devices were tested thoroughly and passed appropriate specifications. We also Device history documentation was reviewed and compliant with Medtronic QMS.

All of this was carried out to ensure patient safety and that the Medtronic brand name would continue to be associated with high standards of Quality and Reliability.
Pros
Subsidized meals, Christmas Bonus
Cons
Shutdown during raceweek (You had to take holiday this time of year)
Great Summer internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Parkmore, County Galway21 October 2018
The workload was very manageable each and everyday as the load was split. although on a summer internship the wor was nether totally driven to us nor was i left bored.
Great opportunities
Associate Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Galway16 September 2018
The work is interesting and varied. Cross functional collaboration is encouraged. The culture is generally good, people are friendly and helpful. My role was fast paced and challenging.
Very poor workplace culture
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath10 September 2018
Good salary, shift option available. Apart of that very bad work atmosphere, rude team leaders and management. Quantity over quality and basically place full of rumors.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bad management
Great place to work.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Parkmore, County Galway18 August 2018
Everyone is very friendly
Good work/life balance
Salary is good
Issues are easily resolved
Very active sports and social committee
Lots of opportunities for promotions
Great people to work with
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway11 August 2018
the last two years have taught me so much about myself, my capabilities and self belief.
I have acquired new skills, knowledge and competences that I can carry forward when I have to move on.
Pros
new skills new people
Cons
limited by contract
Nice place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway10 July 2018
Medtronics is a nice place to work u meet a lot off new people , yes u do have to concentrate on what your doing ,yes u do have to stand up all night but it flys u can be talking to the people beside you , when your kept busy ur better off as it passes the night much quicker .
Pros
Good money
Cons
Only 23 mo th contract
production operator
Production operator/Office administrator (Former Employee) –  Galway8 July 2018
Very good place to work, Salary was always more than fair and many great benefits to being an employee of this company. Work was often varied as you are trained on many differing steps and lines.
Pros
Cheap lunches.
Cons
Night shift.
Grim but well paid
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Galway7 July 2018
Good shift allowance. Plenty of overtime so it’s handy if you are looking to save money. Absolutely no chance of permancy unless you gain promotion which is very limited, no matter how good an employee you are. Very much a two tier system in terms of Kelly staff and permanent staff, which one is reminded about on a regular basis. Canteen is dreadful.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Monotonous, no job security or future
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway2 July 2018
Best example I can see of a company that wants to empower and advance it's employees. Management are constantly trying to improve the company while taking employees needs into account - a rare quality not afforded to many. Enjoyed working here and formed many lifelong relationships with my colleagues. It taught me a lot about myself through the opportunities that were given to me and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey
Pros
Great work/life balance and friendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K