Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 60 reviews matching the search See all 3,000 reviews
Depend on which area you work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway10 November 2018
If you are a contract staff then you get treated differently than permanent staff. You have no rights, and very little privileges and your contract can be terminated at any time without warning. Some Supervisors take advantage of you because they know you can be let go at anytime. If they don't like you then you they will make you live in fear of them.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
You get bullied as contract staff, supervisors and mangers really use their powers to gt rid of you.
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway2 July 2018
Best example I can see of a company that wants to empower and advance it's employees. Management are constantly trying to improve the company while taking employees needs into account - a rare quality not afforded to many. Enjoyed working here and formed many lifelong relationships with my colleagues. It taught me a lot about myself through the opportunities that were given to me and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey
Pros
Great work/life balance and friendly staff
Grim but well paid
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Galway7 July 2018
Good shift allowance. Plenty of overtime so it’s handy if you are looking to save money. Absolutely no chance of permancy unless you gain promotion which is very limited, no matter how good an employee you are. Very much a two tier system in terms of Kelly staff and permanent staff, which one is reminded about on a regular basis. Canteen is dreadful.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Monotonous, no job security or future
Very poor workplace culture
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath10 September 2018
Good salary, shift option available. Apart of that very bad work atmosphere, rude team leaders and management. Quantity over quality and basically place full of rumors.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bad management
Great opportunities
Associate Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Galway16 September 2018
The work is interesting and varied. Cross functional collaboration is encouraged. The culture is generally good, people are friendly and helpful. My role was fast paced and challenging.
Great Summer internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Parkmore, County Galway21 October 2018
The workload was very manageable each and everyday as the load was split. although on a summer internship the wor was nether totally driven to us nor was i left bored.
Great people to work with
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway11 August 2018
the last two years have taught me so much about myself, my capabilities and self belief.
I have acquired new skills, knowledge and competences that I can carry forward when I have to move on.
Pros
new skills new people
Cons
limited by contract
Nice place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway10 July 2018
Medtronics is a nice place to work u meet a lot off new people , yes u do have to concentrate on what your doing ,yes u do have to stand up all night but it flys u can be talking to the people beside you , when your kept busy ur better off as it passes the night much quicker .
Pros
Good money
Cons
Only 23 mo th contract
production operator
Production operator/Office administrator (Former Employee) –  Galway8 July 2018
Very good place to work, Salary was always more than fair and many great benefits to being an employee of this company. Work was often varied as you are trained on many differing steps and lines.
Pros
Cheap lunches.
Cons
Night shift.
Great place to work.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Parkmore, County Galway18 August 2018
Everyone is very friendly
Good work/life balance
Salary is good
Issues are easily resolved
Very active sports and social committee
Lots of opportunities for promotions
Daily week working in Medtronic
QA Release Inspector (Former Employee) –  Galway31 October 2018
I learned a lot about work culture and communicating with other people in a big organisation. The importance of meeting deadlines, business quarters and preparing for internal and external audits.

I learned how to co-ordinate with groups site wide in Manufacturing, Qulaity Control and Compliance in order to ensure product was released. A good example of this would be a new product launch.

Working with Medtronic made me realise the importance of the products they make and how they have a lasting, positive impact on people's lives. This highlighted the importance of my role as a QA Release worker. We were tasked with ensuring all our finished medical devices were made to the highest standards, that finished devices were tested thoroughly and passed appropriate specifications. We also Device history documentation was reviewed and compliant with Medtronic QMS.

All of this was carried out to ensure patient safety and that the Medtronic brand name would continue to be associated with high standards of Quality and Reliability.
Pros
Subsidized meals, Christmas Bonus
Cons
Shutdown during raceweek (You had to take holiday this time of year)
Product Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway9 January 2018
Not much scope for growth or personal development but Medtronic is a very atmosphere to work in. From working I learned about the importance of GDP in the medical device industry.
Excellent opportunities for personal growth
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  galway9 November 2017
Busy work environment
Learned to be a good team player
Highest quality standards
Producing life saving products
Great opportunity for personal growth
Friendly environment
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
always learning
great place to work
Manufacturing team member (Former Employee) –  IE28 August 2017
fun atmosphere with a well structured place of work and a very friendly work culture which made it a very enjoyable place to work . Everyone was very willing to help out in any way possible and rite from the start the friendly work culture was evident
Pros
friendly work culture
Cons
possibility of change in shift work
Great overtime opportunities
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway4 January 2018
Evening shift work from 4.30pm - 12.30am with great overtime opportunities to stay late and weekend overtime. I learned great quality paperwork skills.
Medtronic is fun place to work, lots of progress career wise, diversity and good saalry and benefits
Associate assembler (Current Employee) –  Galway, Ireland16 June 2017
Typical day at work starts at pm , a four day shift, work with great people from engineers to technicians and team members, learn to work with micro Vascular products to alleviate pain and extend lives. medtronic is rated one of the best place to work, great treatment of staff with lots of benefits and holidays, great for family ,
the job is well apportioned within the team so work is enjoyable at all times. the fact you know you are making products that extend and take away pain from people every one minute makes it very satisfactory
Pros
great place to work
Do not recommend
CONFIDEN (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland28 August 2017
Favouritism is rampant. Unhelpful staff in some departments, other departments do little work. Some departments over funded and it shows. No team spirit except for the HR department who treat themselves very well. Friends pulling favours for friends when it comes to employment. Food standards in the cafeteria very low
Very enjoyable workplace while also being very productive at the same time.
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway Ireland4 February 2017
During my time working in Medtronic I have learned many new skills sets. I have found that my time management has improved due to the fact that targets must be meet every night from your station. From my dealing with management and supervisors, they have come across as very accommodating and will always follow up any issues in which you may bring to their attention. The fellow co-workers in Medtronic are all very approchable and will always try and help one another out in anyway possible so therefore making Medtronic a very enjoyable place to work.
excellent work envoirment
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Galway25 April 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Medtronic ,i played an intricate role in the company as a kitter which was a very important and satisfying role,there is a great social aspect as well as they organize work trips and nights out ,there is also room to progress in the company
Pros
competitive pay rate
Cons
sometimes you are required to work over the weekend as well
Review
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway3 October 2016
Great Company, People, Salary.
Issue-Music. It is a noisy workplace and the music (loud radio) itself becomes the major source of noise exposure in the workplace. The speakers should be individually controllable- switched off. Some noise (eg music) may cause a particular nuisance and increase an individual’s stress. It is nor fair that all employees should listen to it. We are all with different moods, taste and requiring different amount of quietness and silence.
Pros
Nice work
Cons
music

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K