Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Got paid to exercise
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 May 2018
I worked with Menzies when they first took over Alaska Airlines ramp operations. I loved the ramp work. It was like getting paid to exercise because the work was so physical. New things were taught almost every day and safety was a priority. Fast paced and a challenge when you had to do quick turns. Room for advancement and improvement. At least back when I worked there. Things change for every company and I do not know how things are over there now.
Pros
A great company
Cons
I don't know
Provide snacks and foods twice a month and TV viewing at breakroom
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CA20 May 2018
I learned ground services and safety procedures upon arrival and departure of each flight. I learned safety and alertness in working and driving highly secured areas like terminal gates and tarmacs. I observed management procedures how to schedule and deploy manpower on scheduled incoming and outgoing flights. The hardest part of the job is during busy seasons where there are shortage of manpower attending/servicing planes. Also if there is an abrupt change of management policy like servicing lavatories that include overnight planes to be re-serviced the same as arriving flights which cause disruption of schedules on dumping wastes that results in delayed or unserviced flights.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL19 May 2018
It was okay until the shooting in 2017 then we had got new supervisor . A typical was unloading planes cleaning planes making the customers were happy. I learned about weight and balance of the different planes. Management was so so we had all types of culture working there. The hardest part was working in the rain with out the proper equipment. Sending the customers off happy and safe.
Pros
it was a good job.
Cons
management
Very poorly run
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 May 2018
I managed 2 weeks before I left, run poorly, when you first start you get a white pass and have to be escorted everywhere only no one wanted to look after you so you got dumped on a belt and left there for all you're shift, no real training given, unsafe environment all round, if an agency try's hire you don't let them they rip you off from the word go! Good job for young lads who just wanna get on with it but if you are looking for career progression look else where.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
Management, safety
Coworkers
Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA18 May 2018
The coworkers were the only that place was running correctly and we had a bond. Loyalty was among us but not with management or HR. That management needs to be looked into if you ask me.
Pros
Environment among coworkers
Cons
Stay away from the joke of the airport
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
I worked for Menzies for a short period of time and then cut it out because this place is not fun to work at all. On a typical day you have to handle many domestic flights with cargos which are back breaking.

The training team is terrible. I had to wait months to get my DA (Driving license). I was chasing the trainer who neglected my phone calls. He even called me names and abused me while driving.

I had an outstanding lead though, he delivered an outstanding work and alwasy followed SOPs. He quit and so did I and all others in the same crew.
I enjoy working with New People.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL15 May 2018
I enjoy working at the airport, enjoy wing walking, loading/unloading
baggage servicing the aircraft, assisting with push back and towing.
Handlers must properly organize all luggage onto corresponding flights.
Pros
NO Free lunch
Cons
NO Health Care
Worst Company Ever
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX14 May 2018
The management was run by micro mangers the bought a company they knew nothing about. They hired recruiters that never recruited and wanted them to hire quality people for low paying jobs.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM.
Pros
Cons
Micromanager
Terrible company
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 May 2018
I was a fueler for ASIG so when Menzies bought them out we thought things would change, and they did for the worst. I really think Menzies is purposely sabotaging the operation in Atlanta, GA. Trying to lose every contract they possibly can. They already lost all the ramp contracts and now they are working on losing all of the fueling contracts.
Terrible. Worst place ever
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT11 May 2018
They force you to work double shifts without lunches, they play the blame game and always call you out in front of everyone. This is the SLC Menzies. Worst place ever
Pros
Cons
No lunches
Terrible
Passager service agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD10 May 2018
I work for Menzies aviation as a PAX for Air Canada...Not able to even obtain 40hrs a week the pay is terrible I work 2 weeks and only work 40 hrs all together ....management loses all employees paperwork...management passes uniforms around because they do not want to buy new employees the items they need to do their job then when ask about these items the reply would be that everything is in Canada and needs to be order.....been working for awhile and still have yet to receive my sign in codes to be able to work under my own name....management me is rude and disrespectful....oh yeah you have to wait for 6 mons to even see any type of benefits
Airport experience
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA8 May 2018
This job was a good experience but far as the whole job is bad.... I didn’t get train well just got thrown out on the ramp... but overall it was a ok job
Pros
Dealing with the planes
Cons
Bad money
i like the atmosphere and the people
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX8 May 2018
everyone gets along even when we don't like family. always motivated to pull together when we are challenged. everyone shows up to do there best. being outside is great even in the rain. also mind blowing how many people come to one place on a daily basis and never meet but are in some way responsible for each others safety.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
friendly work place
Safety, Security, Educational Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO3 May 2018
it's friendly work place it's good relations with very cooperative work environment. management is developed and now is doing well. pay is good. and easy to step up in short period of time.
Accounting clerk
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 May 2018
Easy job. But horrible management wasn’t treated fairly even though I was with the company for five years. Training here sucks. Nothing far as long term here.
Pros
Nothing honestly
Cons
Healthcare was good until they forced us into Cigna
Prductive and Fun it teaches how to communnicate people.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  SAR Macau1 May 2018
Its good to work were you can encounter different people and natoinalities, there is a lot of thing that you will learned about the job, everyday is different as long as you know how love your job its easy and it makes you happy.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY29 April 2018
Menzies is the best place even tho it was not for me if anybody whats a great job its Menzies the people are great to work with and have good bosses they make sure you dont get hurt
Fun and growth
Ranp services (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 April 2018
I love this company. . great job to field yourself into many areas of avaition. I learn a lot regarding load to unload. Great friends to meet and greet. I adore the bag room work area. That area is my favorite area. Great management!
Pros
Many breaks. Relaxing workplace
Cons
Still great no cons, flawless. I love menzies
Good for entry-level position at airport
Ramp Agent (YYZ) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
Training is pretty barebones, had only 5 days in-class training and 3-4 ish days on-site training. Hardwork is rarely awarded by management. Half of your co-workers are going to be lazy, and do bare minimal work, while the other half are hardworking. You will also on occasion, get idiots that will almost kill themselves by walking near running propellers of a recently parked plane (Q400).
Pros
lots of downtime in between flights, some discounts at selected stores and restaurants in the terminal, some good leads, nice workout
Cons
bad management team, unrewarded hardwork, low-pay, bad benefits
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Agente de rampa (Former Employee) –  CDMX, D. F.24 April 2018
Es muy interesante estar en las pistas y observar los aviones muy de cerca, estar en los mostradores fue estupendo.
Pros
Muy buenos horarios de trabajo
Cons
Falta cultura laboral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.