Merck Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 3,834 reviews
Nice place to work
HR Coordinator - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 December 2019
During the process I felt really nice and excited.
I did a phone interview and then a f2f interview onsite.
The company culture is really nice and the environment is great.
I really miss working here.
Good place to work.
Cleanroom Operator (Former Employee) –  Cork20 November 2019
It's a good place to work.
Rotating shifts that can change every few months. They are good to there staff but dont care about them, But there are far worse out there .
Good salaries on offer, but systems and culture could be improved massively..
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlow20 November 2019
Good salaries on offer, but systems are dated and the wheel turns very slowly. The culture (especially among upper management) is very poor and self-promotion is very evident. Silos are rife and there is not a great sense of team, which is a major turn-off. However, in general fellow colleagues are very approachable and pleasant.
Train your managers to mange and engage its not rocket science. No work from home its only for mangement or on case by case. Trust your staff.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Carrigtwohill, County Cork28 October 2019
My manager had no people skills, she suffered from severe stress and couldn't manage her work load, only communicated by email, could do with some mentoring.Didn't know how to prioritise and didn't believe in work life balance. Very disappointed in my experience there. Some great people looking for a bit of flexability. MERCK need to move with the times. It's all about who you know and if you speak up you're gone. No work from home or proper flexability. Great learning curve makes me appreciate my new role.
Pros
Canteen, people
Cons
Senior Management need to engage with all staff. Train your team leaders. HR unapproachable.
Positive workplace which encourages employee engagement and diversity
Senior HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin16 October 2019
Excellent working environment. Promotes continuous improvement projects. Promotes diversity and inclusion programmes.

Would recommend to potential employees.
Nice people , good work life balance
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork21 May 2019
Nice people , good work life balance , little overtime required, salary could be more competitive. High employee turnover. poor morale with employees.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary
Great manager
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2018
Great manager but US corporates made all the decisions with no consideration for the people involved and the work put in to get project up and running.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Management in US are awful
Fast paced and diverse
QC Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow18 August 2018
Though the time spent was short, it was very productive. I never imagined i could be trained in such a quick an efficient manner but it was possible and thorough. I took a lot from the experience but unfortunately it did not suit my desire to volunteer as it was a full time position.
Pros
A young and energetic work staff
Cons
expected longer working hours or over time
Established and well structured
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cork13 August 2018
Easy to access site that had an abundance of helpful and well established employees.
Friendly and relaxed working environment however not particularly exciting if you desired extra-curricular activities (nights out/team bonding sessions).
Easy to gain experience in different techniques.
Permanency was unattainable when I worked there but things may have changed now, your job was not guaranteed.
Fun place to work
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Cork31 January 2018
Salary could better, the people are great. There is different sections to the factory and to be homsst it really makes a difference where you end up..
Implementation of a lean system
Lean Six Sigma Consultant - Contracted (Current Employee) –  Carlow, Ireland3 October 2017
The work was implementation of the Toyota production system into the business. The journey is at an early stage, so it is fun. I have provided a lot of the on-learning materials.
Pros
Good restaurant
Cons
Long way to travel home
It was a great introduction to industry as an intern
Technical Operations Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Carlow11 August 2017
It was a great introduction to industry as an intern. I have learned a lot about how the process of making parenteral drugs work and the importance of gowning in clean rooms
very busy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Carrigtwohill, County Cork2 August 2017
typical day very busy, very big workload, company has a high level of staff turnover

on contract with a good number of years with the company with no benefits, company slow to make employees permanent. Company has a high level of employees on contract for up to 7 years.
Carrigtwohill
Warehouse Operative/ Process Operator (Former Employee) –  County Cork6 March 2017
worked both in cleaning room environment &warehouse
followed Standard Operating Procedures in fast pace environment
with Good Manufacturing Practise ,kept clean work station & finished product had to be top quality & documented all details for traceability
most enjoyable part was knowing the finished product was helping a person improve their life
Pros
product helprd people
Relaxed work environmenmt
PTP Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2017
MSD is a very good place to work, a very relaxed work environment were you can grow. the mangers are encourage and always there to help. great colleagues.
Great place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlow15 August 2016
Typically worked 12hour shifts on a 4 shift cycle. Based mainly in the Syringe department with some crossover to Vial Filling also.
Great experience in keeping with cGMP, clean room environment, aseptic technique, EBR's and much more.
Co-workers were all lovely and made the job that much easier.
Hardest part was the long drive from Dublin.
The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Good shift rate. Good Canteen
Good Life-work balance
Supplier Quality Control and Raw Materials Analyst (Former Employee) –  Inis Eonáin, County Cork9 May 2016
I found it a great place to work. Nice people and my manager was well able to delegate out the work in manageable chunks. Got great experience in Quality Control analysis.
Productive, upskilling
Mammalian cell culture lab technician (Former Employee) –  Cork, C27 November 2015
Was working on contract through a recruitment company. Didn't feel like I was always included as part of the team, as I was not involved in certain events because I was not with the company. I was the only one on my team like this, so found this quite isolating. Other than that, it was a fine place to work.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Recruitment Contract
Productive and Motivating Environment
QC Laboratory Systems Assistant / QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Co. Wicklow3 November 2015
A highly regulated and compliant company. Great opportunities to develop. Values its employees and provides development opportunities where possible. I enjoyed the diversity of the role.
Good working atmosphere.
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cork, C7 May 2015
Order picking once I start.
Making sure all transactions are up to date.
Doing cycle counts.
Locating material on receipt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K