Merck Employee Reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 3,700 reviews
Train your managers to mange and engage its not rocket science. No work from home its only for mangement or on case by case. Trust your staff.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Carrigtwohill, County Cork28 October 2019
My manager had no people skills, she suffered from severe stress and couldn't manage her work load, only communicated by email, could do with some mentoring.Didn't know how to prioritise and didn't believe in work life balance. Very disappointed in my experience there. Some great people looking for a bit of flexability. MERCK need to move with the times. It's all about who you know and if you speak up you're gone. No work from home or proper flexability. Great learning curve makes me appreciate my new role.
Pros
Canteen, people
Cons
Senior Management need to engage with all staff. Train your team leaders. HR unapproachable.
Nice people , good work life balance
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork21 May 2019
Nice people , good work life balance , little overtime required, salary could be more competitive. High employee turnover. poor morale with employees.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary
Great manager
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2018
Great manager but US corporates made all the decisions with no consideration for the people involved and the work put in to get project up and running.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Management in US are awful
Fast paced and diverse
QC Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow18 August 2018
Though the time spent was short, it was very productive. I never imagined i could be trained in such a quick an efficient manner but it was possible and thorough. I took a lot from the experience but unfortunately it did not suit my desire to volunteer as it was a full time position.
Pros
A young and energetic work staff
Cons
expected longer working hours or over time
Established and well structured
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cork13 August 2018
Easy to access site that had an abundance of helpful and well established employees.
Friendly and relaxed working environment however not particularly exciting if you desired extra-curricular activities (nights out/team bonding sessions).
Easy to gain experience in different techniques.
Permanency was unattainable when I worked there but things may have changed now, your job was not guaranteed.
Fun place to work
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Cork31 January 2018
Salary could better, the people are great. There is different sections to the factory and to be homsst it really makes a difference where you end up..
Implementation of a lean system
Lean Six Sigma Consultant - Contracted (Current Employee) –  Carlow, Ireland3 October 2017
The work was implementation of the Toyota production system into the business. The journey is at an early stage, so it is fun. I have provided a lot of the on-learning materials.
Pros
Good restaurant
Cons
Long way to travel home
It was a great introduction to industry as an intern
Technical Operations Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Carlow11 August 2017
It was a great introduction to industry as an intern. I have learned a lot about how the process of making parenteral drugs work and the importance of gowning in clean rooms
very busy
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Carrigtwohill, County Cork2 August 2017
typical day very busy, very big workload, company has a high level of staff turnover

on contract with a good number of years with the company with no benefits, company slow to make employees permanent. Company has a high level of employees on contract for up to 7 years.
Carrigtwohill
Warehouse Operative/ Process Operator (Former Employee) –  County Cork6 March 2017
worked both in cleaning room environment &warehouse
followed Standard Operating Procedures in fast pace environment
with Good Manufacturing Practise ,kept clean work station & finished product had to be top quality & documented all details for traceability
most enjoyable part was knowing the finished product was helping a person improve their life
Pros
product helprd people
Relaxed work environmenmt
PTP Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2017
MSD is a very good place to work, a very relaxed work environment were you can grow. the mangers are encourage and always there to help. great colleagues.
Great place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlow15 August 2016
Typically worked 12hour shifts on a 4 shift cycle. Based mainly in the Syringe department with some crossover to Vial Filling also.
Great experience in keeping with cGMP, clean room environment, aseptic technique, EBR's and much more.
Co-workers were all lovely and made the job that much easier.
Hardest part was the long drive from Dublin.
The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Good shift rate. Good Canteen
Good Life-work balance
Supplier Quality Control and Raw Materials Analyst (Former Employee) –  Inis Eonáin, County Cork9 May 2016
I found it a great place to work. Nice people and my manager was well able to delegate out the work in manageable chunks. Got great experience in Quality Control analysis.
Productive, upskilling
Mammalian cell culture lab technician (Former Employee) –  Cork, C27 November 2015
Was working on contract through a recruitment company. Didn't feel like I was always included as part of the team, as I was not involved in certain events because I was not with the company. I was the only one on my team like this, so found this quite isolating. Other than that, it was a fine place to work.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Recruitment Contract
Productive and Motivating Environment
QC Laboratory Systems Assistant / QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Co. Wicklow3 November 2015
A highly regulated and compliant company. Great opportunities to develop. Values its employees and provides development opportunities where possible. I enjoyed the diversity of the role.
Good working atmosphere.
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cork, C7 May 2015
Order picking once I start.
Making sure all transactions are up to date.
Doing cycle counts.
Locating material on receipt
Busy environment with little training or direction provided
Procurement Specialist Merck Millipore (Former Employee) –  Cork, C8 September 2014
Millipore were recently taken over by Merck of Darmstadt Germany. The influence of the parent company is now becoming very evident and a lot of autonomy has been reomved from the palnt and is now directed by Germany. Busy environment with a major focus on systems and there is a lot of duplication of work in other words reporting the same information in several different ways. Very little direction given locally
Productivity and Fun at work place
Manufacturing Technician/ Op (Current Employee) –  Cork30 May 2014
My work place is conducive and friendly due to wonderful supervisor and co-worker that are friendly and work as a good team. They make a work place lively without boring in-spite the effective and great work we all do. The supervisor is a good boss that always see and discover the potemtial in all workers. This have enhance good and attractive atomsphere of work where we have equal opportunity and treatment.

Merck Millipore is an excellent company.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Compliance Engineer/CMMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carlow28 April 2014
Great place to work. Great management. Friendly staff, Really feel like a valued part of the time. Good team ethic
Productive and Friendly working environment.
Syringe team intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin Road, Carlow10 March 2014
Everyday I was challenged in Merck. I was given projects and trained in on something different throughout the 6 months that I was working there. I learned an huge amount about the pharmaceutical industry that I never knew e.g. I learned exactly how the production area operated, I learned how to time- manage efficiently, I improved my communication skills and I also gained a huge amount of confidence. Management was great. I reported to my manager on a weekly basis to ensure I had enough work to do and that I was keeping up to date with my work. My co-workers were amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful no matter how busy they were. The hardest part of the job was my first day as I didn't know what to expect. The most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday work that I carried out and getting to meet new people.
Pros
A learning experience. Helped build confidence.
Cons
The drive to work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K