Merck
Coronavirus update
Information from Merck:

Merck Employee Reviews

Ireland29 reviews
Very relaxed work environment, brilliant people, Constructive feedback is always given in polite and helpful fashion. very good canteen service with lovely food
The management have a bad way with dealing with employees in Merck. Merck has a high turnover in staff but Merck still think you should be privileged to work there. It takes a couple of years to be made permanent that’s if you last that long and don’t move onto another company
Pros
Job security
Cons
Bad money, bad management, start off on a contract with no benefits.
Really enjoyed working in Merck. It was a good atmosphere and the work was well-paced. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Good job for group works. Overall recommend to work there.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
During the process I felt really nice and excited.
I did a phone interview and then a f2f interview onsite.

The company culture is really nice and the environment is great.

I really miss working here.
It's a good place to work.
Rotating shifts that can change every few months. They are good to there staff but dont care about them, But there are far worse out there .
Good salaries on offer, but systems are dated and the wheel turns very slowly. The culture (especially among upper management) is very poor and self-promotion is very evident. Silos are rife and there is not a great sense of team, which is a major turn-off. However, in general fellow colleagues are very approachable and pleasant.
My manager had no people skills, she suffered from severe stress and couldn't manage her work load, only communicated by email, could do with some mentoring.Didn't know how to prioritise and didn't believe in work life balance. Very disappointed in my experience there. Some great people looking for a bit of flexability. MERCK need to move with the times. It's all about who you know and if you speak up you're gone. No work from home or proper flexability. Great learning curve makes me appreciate my new role.
Pros
Canteen, people
Cons
Senior Management need to engage with all staff. Train your team leaders. HR unapproachable.
Excellent working environment. Promotes continuous improvement projects. Promotes diversity and inclusion programmes.

Would recommend to potential employees.
Nice people , good work life balance , little overtime required, salary could be more competitive. High employee turnover. poor morale with employees.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary
Great manager but US corporates made all the decisions with no consideration for the people involved and the work put in to get project up and running.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Management in US are awful
Though the time spent was short, it was very productive. I never imagined i could be trained in such a quick an efficient manner but it was possible and thorough. I took a lot from the experience but unfortunately it did not suit my desire to volunteer as it was a full time position.
Pros
A young and energetic work staff
Cons
expected longer working hours or over time
Easy to access site that had an abundance of helpful and well established employees.
Friendly and relaxed working environment however not particularly exciting if you desired extra-curricular activities (nights out/team bonding sessions).

Easy to gain experience in different techniques.

Permanency was unattainable when I worked there but things may have changed now, your job was not guaranteed.
Salary could better, the people are great. There is different sections to the factory and to be homsst it really makes a difference where you end up..
The work was implementation of the Toyota production system into the business. The journey is at an early stage, so it is fun. I have provided a lot of the on-learning materials.
Pros
Good restaurant
Cons
Long way to travel home
It was a great introduction to industry as an intern. I have learned a lot about how the process of making parenteral drugs work and the importance of gowning in clean rooms
typical day very busy, very big workload, company has a high level of staff turnover

on contract with a good number of years with the company with no benefits, company slow to make employees permanent. Company has a high level of employees on contract for up to 7 years.
worked both in cleaning room environment &warehouse
followed Standard Operating Procedures in fast pace environment

with Good Manufacturing Practise ,kept clean work station & finished product had to be top quality & documented all details for traceability

most enjoyable part was knowing the finished product was helping a person improve their life
Pros
product helprd people
Cons
MSD is a very good place to work, a very relaxed work environment were you can grow. the mangers are encourage and always there to help. great colleagues.
Typically worked 12hour shifts on a 4 shift cycle. Based mainly in the Syringe department with some crossover to Vial Filling also.
Great experience in keeping with cGMP, clean room environment, aseptic technique, EBR's and much more.

Co-workers were all lovely and made the job that much easier.

Hardest part was the long drive from Dublin.

The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Good shift rate. Good Canteen
I found it a great place to work. Nice people and my manager was well able to delegate out the work in manageable chunks. Got great experience in Quality Control analysis.
Was working on contract through a recruitment company. Didn't feel like I was always included as part of the team, as I was not involved in certain events because I was not with the company. I was the only one on my team like this, so found this quite isolating. Other than that, it was a fine place to work.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Recruitment Contract
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K