Merck
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Merck Employee Reviews in Cork

Good place to work.
It's a good place to work.
Rotating shifts that can change every few months. They are good to there staff but dont care about them, But there are far worse out there .
Nice people , good work life balance
Nice people , good work life balance , little overtime required, salary could be more competitive. High employee turnover. poor morale with employees.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary
Established and well structured
Easy to access site that had an abundance of helpful and well established employees.
Friendly and relaxed working environment however not particularly exciting if you desired extra-curricular activities (nights out/team bonding sessions).

Easy to gain experience in different techniques.

Permanency was unattainable when I worked there but things may have changed now, your job was not guaranteed.
Fun place to work
Salary could better, the people are great. There is different sections to the factory and to be homsst it really makes a difference where you end up..
Productive, upskilling
Was working on contract through a recruitment company. Didn't feel like I was always included as part of the team, as I was not involved in certain events because I was not with the company. I was the only one on my team like this, so found this quite isolating. Other than that, it was a fine place to work.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Recruitment Contract
Good working atmosphere.
Order picking once I start.
Making sure all transactions are up to date.

Doing cycle counts.

Locating material on receipt
Busy environment with little training or direction provided
Millipore were recently taken over by Merck of Darmstadt Germany. The influence of the parent company is now becoming very evident and a lot of autonomy has been reomved from the palnt and is now directed by Germany. Busy environment with a major focus on systems and there is a lot of duplication of work in other words reporting the same information in several different ways. Very little direction given locally
Productivity and Fun at work place
My work place is conducive and friendly due to wonderful supervisor and co-worker that are friendly and work as a good team. They make a work place lively without boring in-spite the effective and great work we all do. The supervisor is a good boss that always see and discover the potemtial in all workers. This have enhance good and attractive atomsphere of work where we have equal opportunity and treatment.

Merck Millipore is an excellent company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Merck?
Ok place to work
Long work hours no thought to work life balance
I have learned alot with regards Project management and presentation skills
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K