Merck
Coronavirus update
Information from Merck:

Merck Management reviews

Ireland29 reviews
Great manager but US corporates made all the decisions with no consideration for the people involved and the work put in to get project up and running.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Management in US are awful
The management have a bad way with dealing with employees in Merck. Merck has a high turnover in staff but Merck still think you should be privileged to work there. It takes a couple of years to be made permanent that’s if you last that long and don’t move onto another company
Pros
Job security
Cons
Bad money, bad management, start off on a contract with no benefits.
It's a good place to work.
Rotating shifts that can change every few months.
They are good to there staff but dont care about them, But there are far worse out there .
Good salaries on offer, but systems are dated and the wheel turns very slowly. The culture (especially among upper management) is very poor and self-promotion is very evident. Silos are rife and there is not a great sense of team, which is a major turn-off. However, in general fellow colleagues are very approachable and pleasant.
My manager had no people skills, she suffered from severe stress and couldn't manage her work load, only communicated by email, could do with some mentoring.Didn't know how to prioritise and didn't believe in work life balance. Very disappointed in my experience there. Some great people looking for a bit of flexability. MERCK need to move with the times. It's all about who you know and if you speak up you're gone. No work from home or proper flexability. Great learning curve makes me appreciate my new role.
Pros
Canteen, people
Cons
Senior Management need to engage with all staff. Train your team leaders. HR unapproachable.
Nice people , good work life balance , little overtime required, salary could be more competitive. High employee turnover. poor morale with employees.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary
Great place to work. Great management. Friendly staff, Really feel like a valued part of the time. Good team ethic
Everyday I was challenged in Merck. I was given projects and trained in on something different throughout the 6 months that I was working there. I learned an huge amount about the pharmaceutical industry that I never knew e.g. I learned exactly how the production area operated, I learned how to time- manage efficiently, I improved my communication skills and I also gained a huge amount of confidence. Management was great. I reported to my manager on a weekly basis to ensure I had enough work to do and that I was keeping up to date with my work. My co-workers were amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful no matter how busy they were. The hardest part of the job was my first day as I didn't know what to expect. The most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday work that I carried out and getting to meet new people.
Pros
A learning experience. Helped build confidence.
Cons
The drive to work everyday.
Long work hours no thought to work life balance
I have learned alot with regards Project management and presentation skills
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management