Merck

Merck Employee Reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 3,912 reviews
Good working atmosphere.
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cork, C7 May 2015
Order picking once I start.
Making sure all transactions are up to date.
Doing cycle counts.
Locating material on receipt
Busy environment with little training or direction provided
Procurement Specialist Merck Millipore (Former Employee) –  Cork, C8 September 2014
Millipore were recently taken over by Merck of Darmstadt Germany. The influence of the parent company is now becoming very evident and a lot of autonomy has been reomved from the palnt and is now directed by Germany. Busy environment with a major focus on systems and there is a lot of duplication of work in other words reporting the same information in several different ways. Very little direction given locally
Productivity and Fun at work place
Manufacturing Technician/ Op (Current Employee) –  Cork30 May 2014
My work place is conducive and friendly due to wonderful supervisor and co-worker that are friendly and work as a good team. They make a work place lively without boring in-spite the effective and great work we all do. The supervisor is a good boss that always see and discover the potemtial in all workers. This have enhance good and attractive atomsphere of work where we have equal opportunity and treatment.

Merck Millipore is an excellent company.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Compliance Engineer/CMMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carlow28 April 2014
Great place to work. Great management. Friendly staff, Really feel like a valued part of the time. Good team ethic
Productive and Friendly working environment.
Syringe team intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin Road, Carlow10 March 2014
Everyday I was challenged in Merck. I was given projects and trained in on something different throughout the 6 months that I was working there. I learned an huge amount about the pharmaceutical industry that I never knew e.g. I learned exactly how the production area operated, I learned how to time- manage efficiently, I improved my communication skills and I also gained a huge amount of confidence. Management was great. I reported to my manager on a weekly basis to ensure I had enough work to do and that I was keeping up to date with my work. My co-workers were amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful no matter how busy they were. The hardest part of the job was my first day as I didn't know what to expect. The most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday work that I carried out and getting to meet new people.
Pros
A learning experience. Helped build confidence.
Cons
The drive to work everyday.
Result, quality and expert driven in every task you complete.
General Operative (GO) (Current Employee) –  Swords, Co.Dublin28 March 2013
General operatives are expected to be driven by excellence and quality orientated. High standards are required in everything you do.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
shift hours
Ok place to work
EHS Engineer (Current Employee) –  cork5 June 2012
Long work hours no thought to work life balance
I have learned alot with regards Project management and presentation skills
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management