Mercury Engineering

Mercury Engineering Employee Reviews

I think the next paragraph is enough of a review
While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
NOT a nice place to work for
I have been working in Finance department in Dublin.
Management had horrible behavior, level of communication between employees was very low.

i would not recommend to work in there, as people in there are rude.
Pros
nice canteen prices
Cons
bad communications and treatment
Don't treat apprentices well
I was doing my apprenticeship with this company and wasn't treated at all well.
They kept putting me on temporary leave to get rid of me when they had no work. Not a good experience at all x
Pros
Cons
Bad management and horrible staff.
good job
I have spent time with this company at frst they wore really good to work for,
but after a couple of months they just make you realize that your just amother number.
Excellent Employer, New Challenges on each Project
Excellent Employer, new Challenges on each Project. Working with an excellent team in dynamic construction projects to deliver jobs to tight deadlines and to highest industry standards.
Great team too work
Only con is let go at no notice and was ment too fly too Denmark for them had all arrangements made (kids car sold etc and was let go on day of my flights at very short notice but as a team and pay wise I would highly rate them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Let go without notice
Unstructured
Projects are run from a trade back bone and no clear engineer role is defined and projects seem disjointed between personnel on site. If seems that teams have worked to a system, right or wrong for years and difficult to implement necessary changes that will pull their systems into the 21st century.
Pros
Hard to define at present
Cons
long hours, unorganised
Good BIM Experience
Good team to work in for BIM experience.
Part of a huge team which deals with large scale projects.

Learned alot from working in an office and attending site.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Not very clear what happens in management, job security.
Professional Work place
I really enjoyed working with Mercury. They had all the resources we could need and was a pleasure to work there. Great people to help an inexperienced person.
Very good environment to work in
My typical work day starts in the office at 07:00 and finishes anytime between 16:30 to 19:00 depending on how busy the day is.

I get on great with all the management and my fellow colleagues and we all work well together.

The hardest part of my job is trying to keep everyone in line with the high level of workmanship we have developed and implemented over the last 6 years.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working to a tight schedule and getting the job done on time while we still maintain high standards through out.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours (at times)
Productive area with a great work ethic
Early start each morning 7.30-5.30 with a 15min/30min break. Kept busy with a new challenge each day made enjoyable thanks to a great bunch of tradesmen. long hours can and some of the work may not be for the faint hearted but the pay check each week will put that smile on anyones face.
Pros
free lunch
though but rewarding
Enjoyed working with Mercury, gained a lot of valuable experience. Good to their employees. Management were very cooperative towards staff.
productive workplace good atmosphere
great place to work, people are friendly , treated well by management and co workers the hardest part of the job was the long days and the most enjoyable part is learning
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
great company to work for, although not very secure
My day included setting up my welding plant, producing my Test Piece(Coupons) for daily inspection. During my time in Mercury(Intel), I learned how to work in such a big and pressurised environment, how to deal and work with other co workers, who are all working under strict time lines and pressure.
I also enjoyed my time on Shift Work, Nights, where I probably learned the most.

During my time there, I learned how to Orbital Weld, which I spent most of my time doing, also High Purity Stainless Steel Pipe Bending, High Purity Pipe Fitting and Level B and C De-Instsall of Contaminated Pipework and DuctWork.
Pros
The Pros where that the conditions where great to work in
Cons
The Only Cons, was that there was absolutly no job security
Fun Workplace based on strength of individuals and team efforts
Working as a pipe fitter I used detailed drawings, and my own extensive knowledge to construct and manage pipework systems that carry dangerous chemicals and liquids. Also worked as a plastic pipe welder. In my role I was also working along side engineers, in the quality assurance. This role was to inspect others work ensuring quality. If the work was not up to standard or in as per drawing, I would, with aid of computer aided designs and project managing systems, get the job fixed and the standard raised.
Pros
Team interaction, A lot of over time
Well structured competitive organisation
A good company who have an interest in their employees and do thrive to continue being the market leader in their field.
Pros
World Travel, CPD interest
Cons
Long Hours, High Pressure
clear room work
working in clean room off site fab is both hard and great experience.AS i have learned new skills and worked to tight dead lines.
Good company to work for with a strong work ethic
Working in Intel was like no other job I worked on .Everything was compleatly new . Safety came first which is great .Everyone was aware that the enviourment that we were in was different to what we knew from outside the Intel campass I learned a great deal about work ethics and better way to install pipework by working in a team sometimes comprising of five men or more .The management were very good at their job and always made sure that you fully understood the job you were about to undertake .My co workers were great we all got along and any job that we were about to do we talked it through and worked out a plan as to what each one of us would be doing
Pros
getting extra hours for traveling to site good canteen facilities and toilets
Cons
a lot of paperwork to fill in before starting work but was nessissary
Working on Challenging Semi Conductor plant
I was engaged as a Project Manager looking after a zone within the plant where I had full responsibility for the installation of Semi-conductor machinery (tools) including specialist gases, process water, process waste water and gases, my day started at 7am and usually finished circa 8pm. It became apparent that due to the complexity and timescales that skilled and qualified labour was needed, however not readily available, we did not allocate enough lead in time to train less experienced tradesman, a learning curve that took a number of weeks to recover from, as a whole we had circa 1500 men on site, obviously didn’t know them all, however the team I was working in were all good team players worked well and supported each other as demands dictated. The project while complex was made harder due to the aggressive programme imposed by the client, hence the reason for long hours which sometimes extended beyond the 8pm. From a job satisfaction once the particular tool had been connected up, some of them with in excess of 300 gas, water and waste lines, the installation was a work of art, high purity pipe fitters can produce some first class installations. pipe fitters can produce some first class installations.
Pros
Interesting Project
Cons
Coping with Skill shortages within the industry
Productive but pressurised work environment .
A typical day at work would involve starting by being given various tasks to carry out throughout the day. Before carrying out the task we had to follow a safety plan of action to ensure everything was in order. This sometimes included asking for a second opinion . I learned how to stick to a tight routine and be courteous. The management where dependable, friendly and easy to work for. My co-workers were also very friendly and easy to work with. We all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and long distance I had to travel to get to work. The most enjoyable part was working with friendly people and learning new skills that would be useful for other areas of work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Very long hours and long travel to get there
Overall good place to work
Overall company good, pay conditions good. Never any problems and would work for them again
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercury Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8