Mercury Engineering
Mercury Engineering Employee Review

Don't treat apprentices well

29 August 2019
I was doing my apprenticeship with this company and wasn't treated at all well. They kept putting me on temporary leave to get rid of me when they had no work. Not a good experience at all x
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cons
Bad management and horrible staff.
2 April 2014
Same role
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) - Leixlip County Kildare
A typical day at work would involve starting by being given various tasks to carry out throughout the day. Before carrying out the task we had to follow a safety plan of action to ensure everything was in order. This sometimes included asking for a second opinion . I learned how to stick to a tight routine and be courteous. The management where dependable, friendly and easy to work for. My co-workers were also very friendly and easy to work with. We all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and long distance I had to travel to get to work. The most enjoyable part was working with friendly people and learning new skills that would be useful for other areas of work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Very long hours and long travel to get there
3 March 2020
Same location
Pipewelder (Former Employee) - Dublin
While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
22 May 2017
Same location
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) - Dublin
Projects are run from a trade back bone and no clear engineer role is defined and projects seem disjointed between personnel on site. If seems that teams have worked to a system, right or wrong for years and difficult to implement necessary changes that will pull their systems into the 21st century.
Pros
Hard to define at present
Cons
long hours, unorganised
  1. Don't treat apprentices well