Mercury Engineering
Mercury Engineering Employee Review

Good company to work for with a strong work ethic

21 October 2014
Working in Intel was like no other job I worked on .Everything was compleatly new . Safety came first which is great .Everyone was aware that the enviourment that we were in was different to what we knew from outside the Intel campass I learned a great deal about work ethics and better way to install pipework by working in a team sometimes comprising of five men or more .The management were very good at their job and always made sure that you fully understood the job you were about to undertake .My co workers were great we all got along and any job that we were about to do we talked it through and worked out a plan as to what each one of us would be doing
Pros
getting extra hours for traveling to site good canteen facilities and toilets
Cons
a lot of paperwork to fill in before starting work but was nessissary
23 February 2015
Same role
Pipe-fitter (Former Employee) - Intel/Kerry Foods
My day included setting up my welding plant, producing my Test Piece(Coupons) for daily inspection. During my time in Mercury(Intel), I learned how to work in such a big and pressurised environment, how to deal and work with other co workers, who are all working under strict time lines and pressure. I also enjoyed my time on Shift Work, Nights, where I probably learned the most. During my time there, I learned how to Orbital Weld, which I spent most of my time doing, also High Purity Stainless Steel Pipe Bending, High Purity Pipe Fitting and Level B and C De-Instsall of Contaminated Pipework and DuctWork.
Pros
The Pros where that the conditions where great to work in
Cons
The Only Cons, was that there was absolutly no job security
3 February 2015
Same role
Pipe Fitter/Engineer/QA (Former Employee) - Leixlip and Naas, Kildare
Working as a pipe fitter I used detailed drawings, and my own extensive knowledge to construct and manage pipework systems that carry dangerous chemicals and liquids. Also worked as a plastic pipe welder. In my role I was also working along side engineers, in the quality assurance. This role was to inspect others work ensuring quality. If the work was not up to standard or in as per drawing, I would, with aid of computer aided designs and project managing systems, get the job fixed and the standard raised.
Pros
Team interaction, A lot of over time
5 August 2016
Same location
Design Engineer (Former Employee) - Leixlip, County Kildare
Good team to work in for BIM experience. Part of a huge team which deals with large scale projects. Learned alot from working in an office and attending site.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Not very clear what happens in management, job security.