Mercury Engineering

Mercury Engineering Employee Reviews

While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
I have been working in Finance department in Dublin.
Management had horrible behavior, level of communication between employees was very low.

i would not recommend to work in there, as people in there are rude.
Pros
nice canteen prices
Cons
bad communications and treatment
I was doing my apprenticeship with this company and wasn't treated at all well.
They kept putting me on temporary leave to get rid of me when they had no work. Not a good experience at all x
Pros
Cons
Bad management and horrible staff.
I have spent time with this company at frst they wore really good to work for,
but after a couple of months they just make you realize that your just amother number.
Overall great company
Enjoyed working with Mercury, gained a lot of valuable experience. Good to their employees. Management were very cooperative towards staff.
good company very good place to work in. good career progression also if you want to move up the ladder. great benefits with the company. would recommed
Worked at a large commercial project with Mercury Engineering, I was told the duration of the job would be for 6 months. With Christmas around the corner I received an email mid-week 2 months in that my contract would come to an abrupt end with no reason, no notice and no warning and to not come in the following day. Although, in my contract it did state that I was required to receive a minimum weeks notice. They did not oblige to this and gave no reason.. I felt the least they could’ve done would be to have called me.
Worst jobs I have ever had avoid this company like the plague .

Your put on a 9 hr contract for 5 days the expectations are you work 12 and occasional Saturdays
Pros
Cons
Lies to get you there incorrect working hrs ect
A company that cares about its employees. There is integrity and you are treated with respect. The salary was on time. The people were good. Good ethics. Highly recommend it as a company to get employed. I enjoyed every minute of my employment. I worked for them as a contractor and I would work with them again too.
Pros
Decent salary, Payment on time, Good life and work balance, A company with integrity and prospects for development.
Cons
I can't think of any. It has been the best place I've ever worked.
Excellent Employer, new Challenges on each Project. Working with an excellent team in dynamic construction projects to deliver jobs to tight deadlines and to highest industry standards.
Have work for this company for nearly two years and also done my apprenticeship with them and I’ve never had any issue. Always had good experiences with fellow workers, supervisors etc
Only con is let go at no notice and was ment too fly too Denmark for them had all arrangements made (kids car sold etc and was let go on day of my flights at very short notice but as a team and pay wise I would highly rate them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Let go without notice
Good Company to work for. I trained as an apprentice for 4 years and mad some very good friends and contacts within the electrical World would recommend any young guy to start a career wit them
Pros
Good Work enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
Projects are run from a trade back bone and no clear engineer role is defined and projects seem disjointed between personnel on site. If seems that teams have worked to a system, right or wrong for years and difficult to implement necessary changes that will pull their systems into the 21st century.
Pros
Hard to define at present
Cons
long hours, unorganised
im Allgemeine eine gute Firma. Sehr nette und fähige Leute. Überstunden nicht erstattet.
Pros
Nette und hilfreiche Leute.
Cons
Überstunden nicht erstattet.
I did my apprenticeship with Mercury Eng. and got great experience while working with them. A lot of opportunities in a company like Mercury but I was leaving to travel.
Good team to work in for BIM experience.
Part of a huge team which deals with large scale projects.

Learned alot from working in an office and attending site.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Not very clear what happens in management, job security.
I really enjoyed working with Mercury. They had all the resources we could need and was a pleasure to work there. Great people to help an inexperienced person.
My typical work day starts in the office at 07:00 and finishes anytime between 16:30 to 19:00 depending on how busy the day is.

I get on great with all the management and my fellow colleagues and we all work well together.

The hardest part of my job is trying to keep everyone in line with the high level of workmanship we have developed and implemented over the last 6 years.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working to a tight schedule and getting the job done on time while we still maintain high standards through out.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours (at times)
Early start each morning 7.30-5.30 with a 15min/30min break. Kept busy with a new challenge each day made enjoyable thanks to a great bunch of tradesmen. long hours can and some of the work may not be for the faint hearted but the pay check each week will put that smile on anyones face.
Pros
free lunch