Mercury Engineering

Mercury Engineering Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin8 reviews
While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
I was doing my apprenticeship with this company and wasn't treated at all well.
They kept putting me on temporary leave to get rid of me when they had no work. Not a good experience at all x
Pros
Cons
Bad management and horrible staff.
Projects are run from a trade back bone and no clear engineer role is defined and projects seem disjointed between personnel on site. If seems that teams have worked to a system, right or wrong for years and difficult to implement necessary changes that will pull their systems into the 21st century.
Pros
Hard to define at present
Cons
long hours, unorganised
great place to work, people are friendly , treated well by management and co workers the hardest part of the job was the long days and the most enjoyable part is learning
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
A good company who have an interest in their employees and do thrive to continue being the market leader in their field.
Pros
World Travel, CPD interest
Cons
Long Hours, High Pressure
Overall company good, pay conditions good. Never any problems and would work for them again
good company to work for, learned something new every week, variety of different tasks from day to day. Friendly co workers, well managed company. work is non repetative and enjoyable. hardest part off job working outside in winter.
I enjoyed working for Mercury as I got on well with everybody and i was made feel very welcome even though i came from the country.One of the thoughest parts of the job is if your sent to work outside of dublin as an apprentice no travel arrangements are made whatsoever.An enjoyable part of work is just having work and getting on with everybody your involved with
Pros
everybody very friendly
Cons
no travel provided for jobs outside dublin