Mercury Engineering

Mercury Engineering Employee Reviews in Leixlip, County Kildare

Leixlip, County Kildare5 reviews
Good team to work in for BIM experience.
Part of a huge team which deals with large scale projects.

Learned alot from working in an office and attending site.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Not very clear what happens in management, job security.
Early start each morning 7.30-5.30 with a 15min/30min break. Kept busy with a new challenge each day made enjoyable thanks to a great bunch of tradesmen. long hours can and some of the work may not be for the faint hearted but the pay check each week will put that smile on anyones face.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Enjoyed working with Mercury, gained a lot of valuable experience. Good to their employees. Management were very cooperative towards staff.
Working in Intel was like no other job I worked on .Everything was compleatly new . Safety came first which is great .Everyone was aware that the enviourment that we were in was different to what we knew from outside the Intel campass I learned a great deal about work ethics and better way to install pipework by working in a team sometimes comprising of five men or more .The management were very good at their job and always made sure that you fully understood the job you were about to undertake .My co workers were great we all got along and any job that we were about to do we talked it through and worked out a plan as to what each one of us would be doing
Pros
getting extra hours for traveling to site good canteen facilities and toilets
Cons
a lot of paperwork to fill in before starting work but was nessissary
A typical day at work would involve starting by being given various tasks to carry out throughout the day. Before carrying out the task we had to follow a safety plan of action to ensure everything was in order. This sometimes included asking for a second opinion . I learned how to stick to a tight routine and be courteous. The management where dependable, friendly and easy to work for. My co-workers were also very friendly and easy to work with. We all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and long distance I had to travel to get to work. The most enjoyable part was working with friendly people and learning new skills that would be useful for other areas of work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Very long hours and long travel to get there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mercury Engineering?