Mercury Engineering

Mercury Engineering Pay & benefits reviews

While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
Only con is let go at no notice and was ment too fly too Denmark for them had all arrangements made (kids car sold etc and was let go on day of my flights at very short notice but as a team and pay wise I would highly rate them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Let go without notice
Early start each morning 7.30-5.30 with a 15min/30min break. Kept busy with a new challenge each day made enjoyable thanks to a great bunch of tradesmen. long hours can and some of the work may not be for the faint hearted but the pay check each week will put that smile on anyones face.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
great place to work, people are friendly , treated well by management and co workers the hardest part of the job was the long days and the most enjoyable part is learning
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
Working as a pipe fitter I used detailed drawings, and my own extensive knowledge to construct and manage pipework systems that carry dangerous chemicals and liquids. Also worked as a plastic pipe welder. In my role I was also working along side engineers, in the quality assurance. This role was to inspect others work ensuring quality. If the work was not up to standard or in as per drawing, I would, with aid of computer aided designs and project managing systems, get the job fixed and the standard raised.
Pros
Team interaction, A lot of over time
A good company who have an interest in their employees and do thrive to continue being the market leader in their field.
Pros
World Travel, CPD interest
Cons
Long Hours, High Pressure
Overall company good, pay conditions good. Never any problems and would work for them again