Mercury Engineering
Mercury Engineering Employee Review

Overall good place to work

26 May 2013
Overall company good, pay conditions good. Never any problems and would work for them again
23 February 2015
Same role
Pipe-fitter (Former Employee) - Intel/Kerry Foods
My day included setting up my welding plant, producing my Test Piece(Coupons) for daily inspection. During my time in Mercury(Intel), I learned how to work in such a big and pressurised environment, how to deal and work with other co workers, who are all working under strict time lines and pressure.
I also enjoyed my time on Shift Work, Nights, where I probably learned the most.

During my time there, I learned how to Orbital Weld, which I spent most of my time doing, also High Purity Stainless Steel Pipe Bending, High Purity Pipe Fitting and Level B and C De-Instsall of Contaminated Pipework and DuctWork.
Pros
The Pros where that the conditions where great to work in
Cons
The Only Cons, was that there was absolutly no job security
3 February 2015
Same role
Pipe Fitter/Engineer/QA (Former Employee) - Leixlip and Naas, Kildare
Working as a pipe fitter I used detailed drawings, and my own extensive knowledge to construct and manage pipework systems that carry dangerous chemicals and liquids. Also worked as a plastic pipe welder. In my role I was also working along side engineers, in the quality assurance. This role was to inspect others work ensuring quality. If the work was not up to standard or in as per drawing, I would, with aid of computer aided designs and project managing systems, get the job fixed and the standard raised.
Pros
Team interaction, A lot of over time
3 March 2020
Same location
Pipewelder (Former Employee) - Dublin
While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercury Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8