Mercury Engineering Employee Review

View all Mercury Engineering reviews

Working on Challenging Semi Conductor plant
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern Ireland20 August 2014
I was engaged as a Project Manager looking after a zone within the plant where I had full responsibility for the installation of Semi-conductor machinery (tools) including specialist gases, process water, process waste water and gases, my day started at 7am and usually finished circa 8pm. It became apparent that due to the complexity and timescales that skilled and qualified labour was needed, however not readily available, we did not allocate enough lead in time to train less experienced tradesman, a learning curve that took a number of weeks to recover from, as a whole we had circa 1500 men on site, obviously didn’t know them all, however the team I was working in were all good team players worked well and supported each other as demands dictated. The project while complex was made harder due to the aggressive programme imposed by the client, hence the reason for long hours which sometimes extended beyond the 8pm. From a job satisfaction once the particular tool had been connected up, some of them with in excess of 300 gas, water and waste lines, the installation was a work of art, high purity pipe fitters can produce some first class installations. pipe fitters can produce some first class installations.
Pros
Interesting Project
Cons
Coping with Skill shortages within the industry

Other Mercury Engineering Employee Reviews

NOT a nice place to work for
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandyford, County Dublin26 September 2019
I have been working in Finance department in Dublin.
Management had horrible behavior, level of communication between employees was very low.
i would not recommend to work in there, as people in there are rude.
Pros
nice canteen prices
Cons
bad communications and treatment
Don't treat apprentices well
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2019
I was doing my apprenticeship with this company and wasn't treated at all well.
They kept putting me on temporary leave to get rid of me when they had no work. Not a good experience at all x
Pros
Cons
Bad management and horrible staff.