Mercury Engineering
Mercury Engineering Employee Review

Working on Challenging Semi Conductor plant

20 August 2014
I was engaged as a Project Manager looking after a zone within the plant where I had full responsibility for the installation of Semi-conductor machinery (tools) including specialist gases, process water, process waste water and gases, my day started at 7am and usually finished circa 8pm. It became apparent that due to the complexity and timescales that skilled and qualified labour was needed, however not readily available, we did not allocate enough lead in time to train less experienced tradesman, a learning curve that took a number of weeks to recover from, as a whole we had circa 1500 men on site, obviously didn’t know them all, however the team I was working in were all good team players worked well and supported each other as demands dictated. The project while complex was made harder due to the aggressive programme imposed by the client, hence the reason for long hours which sometimes extended beyond the 8pm. From a job satisfaction once the particular tool had been connected up, some of them with in excess of 300 gas, water and waste lines, the installation was a work of art, high purity pipe fitters can produce some first class installations. pipe fitters can produce some first class installations.
Pros
Interesting Project
Cons
Coping with Skill shortages within the industry
3 March 2020
Pipewelder (Former Employee) - Dublin
While working for Mercury on a site in 2003 i walked across a dimly lit concrete floor in a plantroom and was unfortunate enough to injure/break my ankle. After an initial investigation i was sacked/let go shortly afterwards so proceeded with injury compensation claim.Settled out of court but never employed ever again.
26 September 2019
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) - Sandyford, County Dublin
I have been working in Finance department in Dublin.
Management had horrible behavior, level of communication between employees was very low.

i would not recommend to work in there, as people in there are rude.
Pros
nice canteen prices
Cons
bad communications and treatment
29 August 2019
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) - Dublin
I was doing my apprenticeship with this company and wasn't treated at all well.
They kept putting me on temporary leave to get rid of me when they had no work. Not a good experience at all x
Pros
Cons
Bad management and horrible staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercury Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8