Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Ireland91 reviews

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,586 reviews

Overall Great place to work

Depending on your team, you can have a very relaxed work environment. Generally lots of collaborative work. Salary and benefits could be better. General culture/morale is really good.

Good and bad

I had a mixed experience. Induction was good and I had alot of support from the team.Long hours (way more than on contract), as a global company you work on other time zones as well as your own. This is a challenge, particularly if you have a family.Huge emphasis on networking for further job opportunities, which can feel quite fake at times, for me I struggled with it.

Pros

Most people are awesome Office is beautiful Free tea/coffee/soft drinks/fruit

Cons

Long hours, Not the best pay for the work you do, Corporate culture oozes through the facade, Some people are not so awesome.

productive and fun place

Good enjoyable place to work, good staff canteen and a very good salary for work job. staff nights night a bonus. Friendlt staff always helpful and willing lend a hand

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

longer hours

Good environment

Good workliife balance and good benefitsHealth and safety and diversity and inclusion take very seriously. Great for time off, health insurance and various other benefits

Pros

Vacation

Cons

Lots of change

Fantastic Environment

Really loved my time in MS, started on a 3 month contract and advanced to more senior role and permanent position. Great people to work with always felt like I was lucky to be surrounded by such good people who always had time to support you. Fantastic benefits and life/work balance.

Pros

People, Life Balance, Benefits, Progression Opportunities

Cons

Really can't think of any, i'd only be nit picking.

Innovative and creative

Microsoft is an excellent employer of choice and holds it's head high in one of the leading employers in Ireland. Microsoft is a great place to work and really values its employees

Productive and fun place to work

Flexibility, dynamic environment, brand, newest technologies.It was great at an early stage in my career to be exposed to so many smart people. A wonderful environment to learn in. I would highly recommend the experience.

Good corporate culture and nice team

Overall workplace is nice. A lot of training's are provided. For future I guess that such jobs will be performed from home or automated but as I said you are in top 10 fortune company of the world and you expect to have this high level.

Messy place, great fun, lots of challenges

This work place is quite unique, you will meet people from all over the world, and thanks to a great Job Culture make lots of friends This place is a great starting point in your career but you won't be paid much compared to other companies and given the tasks/responsibilities you will have Several times they "helped" my find the right role given my skills but not much has changed In general I would never leave if they would pay me enough or find the right job for my skills

Pros

like a big family: is nice to work with you friends

Cons

like a big family: some great people sometimes poor leadership, wage

Searching the directory

Microsoft is a great place to work, but the knowledge of tall the tools is spread around many many many libraries of knowledge and it's really hard to grasp your head around all the tolls offered. You have a lot of liberty to focus and create, but it's hard to find your way but you take a lot of pride into your work.

Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno y motivante

Una experiencia muy positiva. Aprendí a trabajar bajo presión y ser responsable de varios procesos.

Fast-paced environement

Fast-paced environment, Microsoft is a place where you will learn every day and with a strong collaborative culture.It could be stressful sometimes but you can also have good fun.

buen ambiente de trabajo, instalaciones limpias , comodas y suficiente espacio para poder realizar las labores diarias

Increible ambiente de trabajo, gran diversidad cultural y gran respeto por cada trabajador. Jornadas laborales largas durante los cierre de mes y año fiscal, pero grandes incentivos y dias libres para descansar y volver al trabajo con energia.

Bullying hub

Allowes nepotism , and minds bullies. abuse to staff all the time. HR dont help. Unqualified techs highered for jobs over qualified techs because of friendship association.

Bad outsourcing company

Arvato is a terrible outsourcing company. Terrible management, lack of opportunities except for friends of friends. Workplace culture was in the opposite to our client's culture.

Pros

A bit of exposure to the work of a big IT company (the client)

Cons

Low salary, long hours and overtime, no employment engagement initiatives

Great atmosphere and flexibility

Working for Microsoft was a great experience they are very flexible which is good for work life balance and lots of opportunities to learn and develop different skills.

Microsoft

Great Place to Work You have many solutions to help your customer to transform. Working with great people in a large team. Great company reputation, credibility and trust.

Amazing place to work

Great place to work, friendly and welcoming atmosphere, approachable management, great employees facilities a lot opportunities to work and meet new people

Friendly colegues & good for start

Its very good employment for young people without kids and other responsibilities. As many days is requirement to work overtimes. But it was good opportunity to learn many systems, where is a possibility to go forward and if very seek to achieve manager or team leader position its very possible.

I got great experience here

Microsoft allowed me great flexibility to move between disciplines. I learned so many broad skills that it has stood to me throughout my career.Lots of mentoring opportunities too.

Pros

Mature culture

Cons

New Sales focus of Microsoft Dublin is eroding culture

Nice place

Only contract work for recruitment company but overall pleasant experience when there. Nice building and friendly environment seemed like a nice place to work.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement