Microsoft
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Microsoft:

Microsoft Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

You’re seeing reviews in Chicago, IL based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Chicago, IL33 reviews
Overall good. Lots to learn. This system makes you type too much. I cannot submit this content. I don't like this question. Make the minimum lower so we
Good company, lower management is in need of more training. My Direct manager was very non-supportive and very one sided. Many complained in secret about her and felt as I did.
Great place to work, great culture, great learning opportunites, great exposure to latest tech. Travel was sometimes a drag, but it was not constant all the time.
I spent two tours at Microsoft and have a demonstrated history of success at the company. I left both times because of the rampant and damaging psychological abuse that pervades the entire company.
Flexible work schedule, continual learning opportunity, decent workplace culture and work/life balance. ability to work from home and run your own schedule. Requires careful planning and care to ensure business needs and goals are met, but with some general care and diligence, it's a great place to work
Pros
flexibility and work life balance, work from home
Cons
largely a sales driven organization, good bad or indifferent
So much to do and so little time. Microsoft was just getting into marketing when I started working with the team. The approach was right and the new tech being released now is great.
Great People
Passionate about technology and creating new products

Advocates for Community and Charities within ones community to advance STEM and create the next generation of Tech Evangelist
Pros
Cutting Edge
Cons
Lags and has to play catch up
Like most places it seems good from the outside but very disparate in treating everyone the same. Diversity is thought as well as the typical items and Microsoft cannot separate the two.
Many of the employees are engineers and they don't understand the Media business. They are extremely good at what they do - providing enterprise software and systems, but they don't understand how clients actually use what the organization offers.
Pros
Team comradarie
Cons
Competitiveness
great benefit
bad work\life balance

forever changing and fast environment

always need to learn new products and technologies to keep up

great training opportunities
Fantastic culture and work life balance. The values the company stand for are amazing!! I was very proud of the time that I spent at the company with no regrets. Everything I have learned is because of Microsoft.
I learned a lot from this it helps me on things in life. I know how to work on the microsoft hardwear nd websites. It was a required to take that as a course in school nd it took me to greater places
Great place to work, great benefits, great pay, awesome culture and the feeling you are making an impact on the world. Could not recommend working there more!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Work Obsessed Culture
Microsoft corporation is a team inclusive environment that looks to better its employees as well as its clients.
They are amazing to work for. Environment friendly and strong work/life balance.

I did not work extra time every week for the pay or workload alone. I wanted to be there and be a part of something and something was always happening!
Pros
trust, training, back up, environment and culture
Cons
need better employee discounts so they can learn the products in actual usage.
Microsoft has always had the perception of being arrogant and difficult to work with. This is part of the culture. The new CEO was in the process of introducing a cultural change to Microsoft.
Pressure to make your number, no matter what! Poor management. Lot's of backstabbing, Racial diversity non existent.

Complaining to management about unfair treatment only gets you into trouble.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
It's not that what you do is not important. It's not that what you do is on a strict time schedule and that someone will die if you don't get it to it today. It's that there is not enough support staff and they expect an executive assistant/business administrator to support and do the job of 3+ people at any given time. On top of that, after the reorg, they made a group of centralized administrative assistants to help with the workload and then a couple of months later they got rid of them and are hiring cheaper vendor admins for half the price of the full time employees they had. They don't value admins at Microsoft. All the talk from Satya about how people are valued at Microsoft only pertains to the bread winners like sales people.
Pros
Great benefits, work from home, parties & trips
Cons
Work Life Balance
Did not work at microsoft at all. Doing this time
But did work for Security companies

The security companies are very good for retired people as well
The position required to travel every week and be gone for almost the whole week. Typically would have to leave on a Sunday night and come back on a Thursday night. Sometimes come back on Fridays.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Work/life balance
Worked with VPs and programmers. The executive assistant pretty much works independently and is responsible for asking questions and getting the work done.
Pros
Free lunches and a friendly environment and able to work from home
Cons
Revolving door
Microsoft is a great place to learn a lot and hone your skills. If you wish to develop in technical ability, or people skills, Microsoft will help you in your career development.