Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,401 reviews

Overall Great place to work

Depending on your team, you can have a very relaxed work environment. Generally lots of collaborative work. Salary and benefits could be better. General culture/morale is really good.

Great place to work and learn, great policies, not so great managers

The company is unmistakably amazing, it has outstanding values, great benefits, and an overall culture that makes you feel part of the family, you learn all the time and it has an amazing diversity and inclusion spirit. Work-life balance isn't so great, and you can end up working sunrise to sunset to meet objectives, and your results are only reviewed by your manager. Great managers give you the best experience of your life; not-so-great managers make life unbearable.

Pros

Benefits, growth, pay, stability, communication, flexibility

Cons

Work-life balance, managers too empowered

Amazing people, excellent benefits

Great company to work right after school. Many learning opportunities. Fun culture and interesting people from all over the world. Hours can be demanding when approaching deadlines.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Working late

Productive workplace with a fun environment.

For interviewing at Microsoft, Be well rested, have a good breakfast, show up early. Your interview loop will take all day, and the longer, the more people you interview with, the better... generally means they like you and are seriously considering you. Once you're inside, if you enjoy learning you will love it. Most every project is something new, never been tried before, or going thru some great improvements. So it's like going to college and getting paid for it. Things move pretty fast there too so no room for slouching. Work hard, take fun breaks in many of the lounges with Foosball, pool, ping pong, or some console video games or Xbox stations. In all my years and many different projects at Microsoft, I can say I really only had one bad experience with a certain manager. I left and went to a different group/team, and I later found that that manager couldn't keep his people because he was such an asshat. HR had many complaints against him. I say this only to say that you can move laterally if you find you are in a wrong role.

Unbeatable internship program

They really value the interns and make sure they have a good experience. I had opportunities to learn from many senior leaders and grow my skills. It was a great experience.

Nice

Fair and full of joy. Like the best place to work if ...

Buen ambiente laboral

Es una muy buena empresa, lamentablemente como en muchos otros lugares, los aumentos no van acorde a las capacidades o responsabilidades del puesto.Tuve un promotion y no me hicieron aumento por ese promotion.Con respecto a beneficios, son incomparables, bono, cafeteria, snacks gratis, acciones de la empresa, actividades, equipo

Great time here

I enjoyed my time here at the Microsoft store. Sadly they had to close due to covid. It was like a family and i had the support needed to advance my career. Only downside was the pay. But overall nice place to work.

Passive Aggressive

MS is the pinnacle for all technical individuals. If you are a direct hire, you are treated with kindness and respect. If you are a temp, intern, or contractor you are treated like a 3rd rate citizen. Nobody will talk to you without first checking what color your badge is.

Productive and fun workplace

Overall satisfacting work environment managers really help you succeed by giving all the resources needed to succeed and function properly in a fast paced environment

it was okay

Very stressful working environment, little growth and goal driven management that didnt prioritize employees. No off days and no compensation for off hour work done

Awesome environment

Microsoft is the best place environment to work. It makes to the employees feel value. I highly recommended this company. They make you feel Like you are at home . It is such awesome company.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Doesn’t provide OT

Fast paced and enjoyable workplace, culture is still evolving.

Great workplace environment where you are not micro-managed. Workplace culture is still evolving, and I was able thrive under certain managers. Learned new things weekly, systems and procedures changed frequently, and colleagues are friendly and professional. Managers hire for diversity and inclusion, but then fail in continued support for learning and development. No company is immune to favoritism, but there is somewhat less of it in the data center arena. Not much room for advancement, but a great place to start your career while going to school. 12- hour days 3-4 days (combine shifts) a week can be exhausting. Really amazing benefits: medical, dental and vision, 401k, etc.

Good for what I needed at the time

Games tested, I came, I saw, I tested, I got paid. I went home. Sure there is more to it, minimum wage, flexiable days of work. 9-5 strict breaks.

Pros

Sutable for anyone that needs something.

Cons

Zero chance for more. Just move on.

Good culture and emphasis on customer but not at the cost of employee

It is a good place to work those who want a stress-free life. Not much office politics I have observed.People around are supportive and what's different here is that performance evaluation include how someone is helping others and building on others' ideas. Overall, this culture reduces competition and make people work as a team to large extent. Work-Life balance and employee mental wellbeing is given a decent priority as well.Compensation is decent but not very great. especially the annual hikes could be better

Pros

Good campus and facilities, compensation and benefits. work-life balance is the best

Cons

progress will be slow with a bleak learning curve. work will be boring in many teams

Supportive Team Members

Good company to grow. But low conversion from contractor to permanent. Although there are many people that get hired as a contractor repeatedly. So they are not erratic in hiring and firing comtractors.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Less challenges

Work at Microsoft as Support Engineer

Microsoft is a great company to work, with a lot of benefits and great salary. In CSS role, you can have a lot of cases to handle during a day, the senior engineers or escalation engineers help you if you have an issue, but some days the stress is very high for customers or management pressure.

Pros

benefits, company culture, compensation, collaboration with other colleagues

Cons

poor work life balance

Better than I expected

Great work-life balance, flexible hour/schedule with working from home option available. Better than avg. salary level but still not as good as Apple/Google. Great management, yes it really depends on the team/product and with the size of the workforce, politics are def. exist but overall great experience so far.

Great mental workplace

Lots of great enthusiasm and pushing you to do your best work at all times, amazing place to work, and the pay and benefits are like no others in the industry.

Pros

Perks+, Discounts, Pay

Great company with great people

Great vibes! My manager is great and is supportive! Work culture is amazing with very smart people. Cases are fairly difficult however people are willing to point you in the right direction

Excellent in store work environment, remote operations needed improvement

I worked at the Microsoft Store before Covid 19, and transitioned into remote operations. My overall experience with the company was very positive. My coworkers, local and regional management were knowledgeable, professional and supportive. The retail work experience was unlike any I've ever had, with a variety of opportunities for growth and development. When the stores closed and shifted to remote operations, it was clear that it was a hard pivot that the company was not prepared for. Goals, rewards and accountability metrics were sometimes confusing and changed rapidly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement