Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,029 reviews
Pros: Annual Bonus, Prestigious Company Name/Reputation,Cons: Office politics, Some abrasive people who have been there a long time should be let go Pay for an Admin Assistant is actually a little bit below standards, mostly because they feel it is a competitive privilege to work there. It shouldn't be that way.
They do not care about your well being. There is no overtime pay and they make you work more than 40 hours a week as they are deeply thin in many branches.
Cons
MS is a very liberal company run by in hose lawyers with no regard for its employees. There were literally dozens of requests for employees to donate money to far left organizations that do nothing positive for anyone other than the Democratic Party’s socialist agenda. It was a ‘bully’ environment that I pretty much hated from the start.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else
The position I had was on the phone and the Qa was the worst I have seen in my entire career. There was no flexibility in what you can say but you just had to adapt to it. Other than that it was a great place to start your career
You can count on getting laid off no job security ! The manager I had never reported an HR you issues I had with a co worker. Biggest mistake I made was trusting management!
Pros
No charge for bank accounts.
Cons
Raises are not fare.. they play favorites
Being a Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley you are exposed to the best thinking on Wall Street. You learn a lot and are able to take what fits you and infuse it into your own practice.
Pros
Culture, Leadership
Cons
Sales Focus
I was a Financial Advisor for a very short time. It was an incredible experience. I was paid very well, I loved the location, I loved my office, my coworkers and management were all amazing people and very supportive. I learned a lot and even got to go to New York for training.What is impossible about this job is that it is a sales job, and people don’t trust salesman. People don’t trust Financial Advisors unless they are family or very close friends. So prospecting was an absolute nightmare if you don’t already know people with lots of money, I don’t care how good of a sales person you THINK you are.The only way to make it as a solo advisor is to already know LOTS of people who have money, and they must WANT to see you succeed. If you don’t have that going for you, then you MUST be on a team with successful experienced advisors who will carry you through the program. It’s plain and simple. If either of those work for you, then it’s an amazing job, provided you do everything grounded in good morals and ethics.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible Hours, Freedom
Cons
Sales
Well thought out training. Mentorship. Nice offices. Lots of support. Starts you out with a good base for success. Offers all opportunities for success.
Pros
Good entry to get started
Cons
Entrepreneur Mind set
Morgan Stanley is a decent company to work for. Be expected to work long hours very often. Lots of tenured managers who are receptive to different perspectives. Pay could be better.
all together good job, poor pay and good benefits.Xmas pictures, nice xmas party, bonuses for some.People nice, not afraid to be cutthroat. A little nepotism but not out of control.Good job for someone who thrives on hard work.
Benefits
Cons
favoritism
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Morgan Stanley?
Work environment often is stressful . But people are get smart here . You can always learn new things here .But some American politics often happen in this company .
Professional and rewarding work environment. Would work there again if given the opportunity. Fast paced, high pressure and taught me everything I needed to know about being successful in business.
Pros
Professional
Cons
None!
truly the best place to work! the people are absolutely amazing and you will learn SO much. culture at MS is really all its cracked up to be - a truly amazing experience overall
I would not recommend workiimh at Morgan Stanley to anyone . The Company does not care about their employees the fire people on a whim they treat there employees like garbage
Pros
nothing
Cons
atmosphere
Coworkers are nice to each other and very respectful, good team spirit. Company supports employees through challenging times. Flexible work environment. Good exposure to real time market events.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Morgan Stanley is good. Co-workers are respectful and the manager cares about employees. Working hours are 8 hours from Monday through Friday.
MS Retail IT is one of the worse areas in the firm to work. Management is clueless and interested only in their own advancement. Technology is outdated and directionless. The technology parts that do work are systemically torn apart by upper management chasing after the latest innovation with no idea of how to implement. Outsourcing is the long term plan for IT and zero investment is made in its staff. Long term employees (those with more than 5 years) are treated like garbage.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
No bonus, zero raises, no chance of promotion, outsourcing of jobs at a rapid clip.
Good family and wellness benefits. Enjoyed working with clients always accommodating to unforeseen challenges. Is a teamwork environment. Managers give support to employees.
Pros
Family care leave./Good teamwork
Cons
Can be Stressful managing accounts for multiple financial advisors.
The compensation was not that good working as a secretary. I was getting paid $10 an hr which way below than what I did. If you are a Financial Advisor, the compensation is great with lots of opportunities. People there are friendly but lots of gossip.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Compensation
The messaging from Morgan Stanley on the corporate level is very good - focus on holistic planning, transparent fees. In practice, it is still a broker dealer. Now, instead of calling up people and pushing stocks you call them up and push expensive insurance.
If you arent a brown noser and go above and beyond normal duties you will not be respected. The management sometimes do not even have an education. Training is good!!
  1. Employee reviews