Mountain Warehouse

Mountain Warehouse Employee Reviews

Ireland9 reviews
review
AMAZING! company to work for!
great discounts and really nice people to work for & with.

uniform provided & really good working hours for a retail business
Wouldnt recommend
the work here is easy, customer service and clothes tidying. management are bad, insist they’re no issues or drama but 2/3 managers be little staff and snap at them constantly and talk about staff behind their back. very two faced. hours would not be great with little over time and pay is bad. when try to speak to management it is ignored or excuses are made, could be an alright place with Proper management
Excellent company
Excellent company to work for. Great progression and opportunities. Lovely management and colleagues. Great work life balance. Feel cared about as a person.
Dream team
Mountain Warehouse is a job that involves a lot of teamwork and great staff parties. Been working there for nearly 4 years, fantastic work family. I balance college and work and the management team always makes sure I put college first. Not looking forward to saying goodbye.
Horrific
Probably easier scrubbing floors with a toothbrush than working for this joke of a company. I would suggest you don't waste the effort of clicking apply for any of the jobs unless you like your soul destroyed then fire ahead. An embarrassment of a "company"
Horrible work place
No matter where in Ireland you work with mountain warehouse you get treated the same ! All management from area manager to managers are horrible ! You get treated like slaves and get no thanks in return would not recommend working here at all avoid it
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Working hours, management, pay, uniform and everything else
Supervisor
Not a great company to work for. There was an unreasonable expectation of the supervisor, having to manage the shop while manager was away which was all the time as they were managing multiple shops which was not in their contract either. I worked for this company for a year and never received a written contract.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Unpaid hours
Boring and same thing day in day out
wouldn't recommend working here quite repetitive. Have to sign customers up to a loyalty card and to get email address off them and have to up sell products at the till which is monitored. Didn't receive much training either just thrown into the deep end

Staff in there is lovely but hours are minimum ranges from 2 and half hour shifts to 6. Zero thanks as well given and nothing special about the money
Pros
50 percent off
Cons
short shifts, little room for progression in store, management aren't always friendly
Demanding and enjoyable work environment
The job itself of sales assistant required me to engage with potential customers, answer queries and man the till when required and as there was a steady flow of such potential customers, work was never in short supply. The hours flew by as a result and I learned a great deal about the retail industry. Thinking on my feet was required as was initiative to complete tasks and assist customers. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable which was the great deal of knowledge about the goods that needed to be learned. The job was both refreshing and demanding and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the company.
Pros
Employee discounts on much of the merchandise
Cons
Not much room for professional advancement as the workplace was quite contained.