Mowlam Healthcare

Mowlam Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Mowlam Healthcare selected this as a representative review
A lovely athmosphere , friendly , management always willingly helps out. Great support
Worked as a healthcare assistant . Made so many friends . Loved the buzz and the friendliness of the home. Management always on the floor , helped out if we were stuck she has great banter with us but we knew as well not to cross the line with her. Families were grateful and thanked us , then there was the difficult family members that just made work difficult but we were always supported by DON. We understood we would have the bad days but the good would over ride the bad
All in all fabulous care team and I enjoyed working there .
Pros
Helpful management, free dinner, friendships
Cons
Salary, difficult family members
productive place to work
enjoyed my time with mowlam. good staff and learned alot in my time here. i had no experience with the job and learned lots of new skills and had good trainning
Wouldnt recommend
I found this place a hostile environment. Staff and management were always rushed, no communication, staff leaving all the time or complaining about the working conditions. The breaks were too short. The expectations too high, with no time to treat the residents like humans. Some of the staff members got away with some shocking behaviour!
Not a nice place to work
Senior management a big problem. Not there for the residents. Very much a bullying culture in this nursing home from the management. Would not recommend working there
3 March 2020
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback directly as this is extremely important to us.

Please email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com with your contact details
Low pay, horrible working conditions
This place is horrible to work in, residents left by themselves for long periods of time and often soiled. No support for any staff and the demands from management are crazy. Staff are spoken to like they're pieces of dirt at the end of the management's shoes! A lot of stuff covered up by the management about the bad behaviour of some of the carers!! Stay clear!!!
unorganised, stressful, horrible management
My time at Mowlam was horrible, very stressful and left me filled with anxiety even before I’ve started a shift.
The management is awful, show no respect for their staff and do not care about you at all

Some of the staff I worked with on my assigned ward were awful, especially on my first week, never helped me or showed me how to complete tasks such as the epicare which I have never worked with before . On two occasions I left work crying.

If you want advice, apply somewhere else!!
Pros
Friendly kitchen staff
I enjoy working at mowlam it is very busy I work a lot of weekends but I would like better pay
My day is very busy it entails alot of physical work. I have to care for upto 35 residents who suffer from Alzeimers and varying degrees of physical disability also. The residents are on special feeding guidelines which must be adhered to. Sulervision is very important to maintain their safety. It is enjoyable and worthwhile work.
Fast paced with a good team
.........The people work with are great. Even when really busy people pull together and help eachother out. Everyday is different, work is challenging
Not a great compant to work for
Not a great company to work for at all !management dont care about any of the hard work their staff does.
Literally only seeing has a number and not a human, if you have a voice and stand up for yourself or residents and report abuse noting does be done about it!! They would do anything In their power to get rid of you! They only care about you running yourself into the ground!
Appallingly greedy, misleading interview
I was interviewed for a managerial position with Mowlam. I was not allowed to view my work environment or meet staff prior to starting. The job was not what advertised, too much to put on one person, with little to no resources offered in order for me to do the job well. The management are inflexible, uncaring of the staff or residents. The standards of cleanliness throughout were appalling.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Too many to list. Dont work here.
4 February 2020

Awful
Awful atmosphere, stressful, fast paced pressure for minimum reasons, always short staffed, constant turn over of staff. Owner has no time for residents or staff only the accountant. Extra duties that would lie on senior staff given to junior staff. Management changed rosters when hiqua arrived. Pros : anyone can get senior or a cnm post if you want it for your cv.
4 February 2020

Please email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com with your contact details
Poor management, lack of communication
The nursing home is poorly managed, there is a huge lack in communication between nurses, carers and management. Very under-staffed, which isn’t their fault, but can become very stressful for workers.
Very greedy company
A terrible, greedy company. Residents and staff are at the bottom of the list of priorities. Staff turnover very high due to horrendous conditions. Residents left waiting for assistance for long periods due to lack of staff. Little entertainment and activities for residents. I worked with some really amazing, caring girls but sadly the workload was too great and the management too greedy.
16 December 2019
Your feedback is important to us. We would love the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you could please email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com with your details and we will get in contact with you directly.
stressful understaffed, no time to care for residents properly
If people really knew what went on in this place there would be uproar... these nursing homes make so much money a year and cant be bothered to hire a few more staff to ease staff work load a little and so that residents are cared for properly... health care assistants get paid so little and expected to do everything (housekeeping, kitchen work, the lot...) some nurses help most don't... management treat you like your nothing... they push staff over the edge never listening... I miss the residents I cared for so much but if I stayed there any longer I would have made myself sick from stress... god the poor residents there really don't get the care they deserve... some great care assistants there trying there 110% a day but there is so little of them... some of the managers there would shock you as to how useless they are at there job...
Loved the job, but, training was limited.
I worked there only for a month. I loved it, fantastic unit, BUT, unfortunately as I was older, it was assumed I knew everything when I had literally just finished my course in healthcare. The place was very much understaffed, which is true for many facilities, so there was no time to interact with the residents. Everything was like a regime, get clients up n out.. On the clock.. Sad!
It’s not a bad nursing home
The nursing home itself was nice, great food and staff was well looked after by the kitchen, however.....level of work was not shared between the nurses and carers equally, carers do all the work along with the SCPs, there was also bullying going on there which was very upsetting to see
Misleading Employer
Everyone who gets hired here regardless of their job title is forced to become a healthcare assistant. There are twow sister who run the show, even the manager is overshadowed by them. The nursing given to the residents is poor and this is always under staffed. They are always hiring because no one wants to stay.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Extremely long hours, lack of morale
19 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback.

Fastpace and enjoyable
I work on the first floor: Typical staff ratio would be 2 nurses (one short day, other long) for 33 residents (might change because of discharge) and 4 HCAs. Handover and delegation in the morning, then after 8am, morning personal cares and breakfast feeds till 9-9.30am, subsequently morning medication rounds. One nurse goes on her morning break (15mins) while the other nurse stays on the floor and does some diary duties. Other nurse supervises the floor and maybe gets someone up who was sleeping earlier and is now ready, whilst 1st nurse goes on her break (15mins).
Midday handover; short day nurse does her nursing notes after, long day nurse maybe does some dressings, takes some obs as per the GP and some diary duties.

1pm lunch time - each nurse does a feed then subsequently afternoon meds. Short-day nurse leaves at 2pm. Long day nurse goes on her 30min lunch break preferably within 2-3pm. Comes back to tries and complete the diary duties. Afterwards long day nurse does her nursing notes, update careplans and wound charts, in the middle might be things going on on the floor. Tries to complete notes at 5pm or before 5pm as you have a whole floor to give evening meds to yourself. During your med rounds, the doctor might come and completely tears apart your whole structured day lol (DON and manager have left at this point). Then afterwards you'll need to call pharmacy, fax the script for the order, bring blister packs that are for changing to their collection points for the pharmacy driver.

At this stage you're panicking, you're looking at the clock and swearing multiple
 - more...
Pros
Free meals, good salary
Cons
Management and being short-staffed
not a good place
mind blowing how this place is still running the management system here is crazy lots of orders from the top and no follow through from them. lots of workers here just to get the hours and not really there for the love of the job.
Pros
longtime friendships
Cons
long hours, huge workload from management
Experience
This was only work experience, I never worked as an employee here only as a student .. but really enjoyed my time there ...................................
Poor Management
I worked ifor almost 2 years. Poor Management among other reasons why I leftl. There is no support,. Very poor staff morale. Safety concerns, poor sloppy nursing. Two senior Managers resigned within 3 months
Pros
unfortunately there were none
Cons
Everything about the Management Structures