Mowlam Healthcare

Mowlam Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Mowlam Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I love working for Mowlam; great working environment and fantastic managerial support with an all round lovely team. Great support office. Would highly recommend ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Poor unit culture. Staff constantly behind each others back. Stress for no reason. Bullying from all directions. Head nurse is horrible to work under. Has absolutely no respect for there staff. Unless your absolutely desperate, apply somewhere else.
Pros
Friendly staff on similar paygrades
Cons
Long hours, bullying, poor pay, constant turnover, heavy workload
I am a student and had to leave due to College requirements. Worked in Housekeeping for the summer and found it a good job. Worked with someone until I was trained in and then given my own floor. Had to clean rooms and day areas, we also had to do some laundry but mostly our mops and cloths. The team I worked with was good and would have liked to stay but could not due to my college in Dublin.
Pros
Good team and given training
Cons
Can be demanding at times
I worked there about 3 years ago. It was my first HCA job in cork after working in Dublin and Westmeath previously. I left after 3 months. I have stopped working as a HCA due to this and now work in a administration role in a hospital. Management are terrible to work for. They expect too much of their staff. They are aggressive also. I had a work place accident that was serious enough and I was made work for days after. I got sent to have it looked at eventually and was told to take time off work. I assume it was never reported to the HSA. I was then appointed a more senior role with no extra pay and more responsibilities. I was not allowed finish my shift until everyone else's work was done, my work was constantly being checked and was being put down by Management.i left due to severe stress that caused me to have hair loss and anxiety.Everyone that I now speak to who have worked here has had the same experience.stay well clear.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
The Director of Nursing's lack of professionalism and managerial skills gave the home an unsettled atmosphere to work in. Her attitude towards staff isnt favoured in the home. She has no interest in her staff, no interaction with residents and is unapproachable. It was a lovely place to work prior to the current DON started.
Cons
Poor management
I worked in a nursing home for 1 year. Genuinely a lovely place to work at first. Then management changed and so did the job unfortunately. I had 4 absenteeism 2 of which were work related injuries, Unfortunately our DON decided to pull a staff member who had been absent a lot recently because of absenteeism in the home. I was let go in a very illegal way with very little information. This Was to make an example of a staff member to stop absenteeism but unfortunately she picked on the wrong person. I loved my job, loved our residents and loved my team members. Our DON was new at the time and did not know any of the staff at this time. Disappointing for such a lovely nursing home.
Pros
Wonderful patients, fantastic team on the floor
Cons
Unreliable management
4 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we would be eager to understand your comments in more detail. We encourage you to email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com so that we can discuss with you.Mowlam Healthcare
This was my first time working as a care assistant in nursing home, as had moved from home care. Manager was lovely and gave me time to get used to routine. Moved house so had to leave job.
Pros
hours every week
Never worked in such a horrible place. You would think that with them being so short staffed they would do everything to make new staff feel welcome. The opposite is true. Its truly a terrible place and the resident are just left sitting there all day with little to no interaction.
enjoyed my time with mowlam. good staff and learned alot in my time here. i had no experience with the job and learned lots of new skills and had good trainning
I found this place a hostile environment. Staff and management were always rushed, no communication, staff leaving all the time or complaining about the working conditions. The breaks were too short. The expectations too high, with no time to treat the residents like humans. Some of the staff members got away with some shocking behaviour!
Senior management a big problem. Not there for the residents. Very much a bullying culture in this nursing home from the management. Would not recommend working there
3 March 2020
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback directly as this is extremely important to us.Please email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com with your contact details
This place is horrible to work in, residents left by themselves for long periods of time and often soiled. No support for any staff and the demands from management are crazy. Staff are spoken to like they're pieces of dirt at the end of the management's shoes! A lot of stuff covered up by the management about the bad behaviour of some of the carers!! Stay clear!!!
My time at Mowlam was horrible, very stressful and left me filled with anxiety even before I’ve started a shift. The management is awful, show no respect for their staff and do not care about you at all Some of the staff I worked with on my assigned ward were awful, especially on my first week, never helped me or showed me how to complete tasks such as the epicare which I have never worked with before . On two occasions I left work crying. If you want advice, apply somewhere else!!
Pros
Friendly kitchen staff
My day is very busy it entails alot of physical work. I have to care for upto 35 residents who suffer from Alzeimers and varying degrees of physical disability also. The residents are on special feeding guidelines which must be adhered to. Sulervision is very important to maintain their safety. It is enjoyable and worthwhile work.
.........The people work with are great. Even when really busy people pull together and help eachother out. Everyday is different, work is challenging
Not a great company to work for at all !management dont care about any of the hard work their staff does. Literally only seeing has a number and not a human, if you have a voice and stand up for yourself or residents and report abuse noting does be done about it!! They would do anything In their power to get rid of you! They only care about you running yourself into the ground!
I was interviewed for a managerial position with Mowlam. I was not allowed to view my work environment or meet staff prior to starting. The job was not what advertised, too much to put on one person, with little to no resources offered in order for me to do the job well. The management are inflexible, uncaring of the staff or residents. The standards of cleanliness throughout were appalling.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Too many to list. Dont work here.
4 February 2020
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback directly as this is extremely important to us. Please email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com with your contact details
Awful atmosphere, stressful, fast paced pressure for minimum reasons, always short staffed, constant turn over of staff. Owner has no time for residents or staff only the accountant. Extra duties that would lie on senior staff given to junior staff. Management changed rosters when hiqua arrived. Pros : anyone can get senior or a cnm post if you want it for your cv.
4 February 2020
The nursing home is poorly managed, there is a huge lack in communication between nurses, carers and management. Very under-staffed, which isn’t their fault, but can become very stressful for workers.
A terrible, greedy company. Residents and staff are at the bottom of the list of priorities. Staff turnover very high due to horrendous conditions. Residents left waiting for assistance for long periods due to lack of staff. Little entertainment and activities for residents. I worked with some really amazing, caring girls but sadly the workload was too great and the management too greedy.
16 December 2019
Your feedback is important to us. We would love the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you could please email recruitment@mowlamhealthcare.com with your details and we will get in contact with you directly.
Worked as a healthcare assistant . Made so many friends . Loved the buzz and the friendliness of the home. Management always on the floor , helped out if we were stuck she has great banter with us but we knew as well not to cross the line with her. Families were grateful and thanked us , then there was the difficult family members that just made work difficult but we were always supported by DON. We understood we would have the bad days but the good would over ride the bad All in all fabulous care team and I enjoyed working there .
Pros
Helpful management, free dinner, friendships
Cons
Salary, difficult family members
  1. Employee reviews