Play YouTube video button

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews

Featured review
Mr Price Branded Bargains selected this as a representative review
productive and fun workplace
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Each day i was given a number of tasks which i had to have completed by the days end. I feel i learned a lot about the retail industry from my time working in mr price.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
Avoid
Treated like dirt (even if you’ve worked there long term). Workplace injuries played down or ignored. No clear plan, just a lot of contradicting ones. Stock comes in rusted and covered in black mould, and food comes in out of date.
27 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
Didn’t get paid
I didn’t like working in mr price as I don’t like working in an inside environment and I didn’t get paid for it. I also felt that it was stressful and fast paced.
Pros
Cons
26 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. f you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
Fun and Easy
I did not have much experience when I started here but I feel I have learnt loads in the last year. Its grand once you do your job right and show you are keen. The manager in my store is lovely and is very helpful with everyone. Hours aren't bad either and they work around my training and stuff. Met new friends and its a good experience to learn about retail.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Money is minimum
11 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price and giving us your feedback on your time with the company.
Mr price
Worst place to work treated like dirt and expected to work till you can’t anymore
Paid unfair minimum wage for minimum work

Would not recommend to a friend
11 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our company. We have noted your feedback. If you wish to discuss it further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
Good Company/Great Experience
I worked in Mr Price full time for one year before I went to college. Now I work part time.

My time in the company has helped be gain a lot of experience. Even though we work long hours the team bond is good and the hours are not as bad as if you were working in a bar or hotel.

It is also good because there is progression in the company if you want to stay in retail. I am studying science so it doesn't suit me to stay long term but I know others who have been here years and love it.
11 February 2020
Left standing for so long that I walked with a limp after my shift.
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here.

The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long.

There was no proper training provided.

I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place.

At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them.

I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management.

There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
31 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Avoid this company
This has to be the most horrific, unprofessional, underpaid, over-stressed and ridiculous company to ever work for. I have never, in my professional life seen a more selfish company. No concern for staff safety/mental health. Only concern is profit. No regard for staff, keyholders in particular, who are paid less than manager/goodsin but still expected to do their job a small well as their own . Store rooms are a joke. All in the same situation. Not safe to work in. Stock all covered in black mound , even around food items for sale. AVOID THIS COMPANY OR RISK YOUR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH!!!!
31 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback is important and it has been noted. If you wish to discuss or address your concerns with the company further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie.
Fun place to work
i enjoyed working, i would to work for Mr Price in the future. i made loads of friends working there. When i was working at Mr Price i learned how to operate the cash register, how to do the balloons.

The worst part is when the HQ people sent to much stock/pallets to the shop. The stock room in Sligo Mr Price is way to small.
21 January 2020
productive
It was an alright shop but I was only there for work experience so I don't get paid it was very hard at the beginning of the year but I got the hang of it
31 January 2020
Thank you for reviewing MrPrice. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your work experience with us and wish you all the best in the future.
The worst job in my life
Mr.Price is the worst company that I had to delt with.It's hard labour,s*** money.Night shift for 9.80.What they are doing should be illegal.THE WORST
2 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
I have learnt a lot so far in my time here. It is a great place to learn about retail as it is busy and fast paced. The team who I work with are great and each day is fun and new. There are people of all ages who I work alongside so I have learnt from different people. Any management I have met are all very friendly and welcoming. The pay is standard what you would expect in retail so I can’t complain.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at Mr. Price.
Everyday is different
I have learnt a lot working in Mr Price and everyday has something new. It is fast paced and always busy which makes the days go faster. I have met lots of new people and we all get on great. There is great opportunities to learn and go further, I know employees who have started as sales assistants and went on to be managers which is what you want to see.
Not great
Pay is terrible if you're 18 they'll pay you 7 something an hour. All the mr prices stock rooms are disgusting and full they get about 5 pallets of stock a day (monday-friday ) and you have to clear all of them. there is zero communication between store management and buying department. Key holders are basically mangers they get way to much responsibility. There is about 15 shops without a manger at the current moment because no one wants the jobs. its an okay job for sales assistants but for key holders its absolutely pointless.
2 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the company. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
what i learned
i learned how to deal and interact with customers and how to work on tills. i also learned how to face off and stock shelves in mr.price branded bargains.
2 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We would like to wish you every success in the future.
Bad experience
No help from head office whatsoever, amount of stock that was send everyday was just rediculous considering the size of warehouse and budget given. Expecting miracles at no cost.
2 January 2020
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
experience
It was a very useful experience, but the administrative instability that prevailed in Mr. Price shop had difficulties at work and also to the financial return was unsatisfactory but if you ask me I would say it was a nice and useful experience developed a lot of skills
8 November 2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Much better jobs out there!
Currently working at Mr.Price as a sales assistant and thinking of leaving the place.The pay is bad especially if your'e 16-19 years of age, you only earn between €6.86- €8.82 per hour. No Christmas bonuses , if your shift finishes at 22:00 and you leave the place 22:15 you are not paid for that extra time and there's no overtime for doing the night shift. The work required is fairly easy working on tills, packing out etc. but we're nearly always understaffed so getting things done is difficult. The only positive thing really are the other employees I work with - they are so lovely & helpful and you also get 10% staff discount- can you believe it a whole 10%. No employee satisfaction what so ever and there's constant maintenance issues.It's clear to see many of the staff including myself are unhappy here, unequivocally a major improvement is needed. If looking for a job make this your last option.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time working at Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your feedback further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Very bad place to work
Very bad place to work Head office sleep all day they don't care about staff or management!!! The money is very bad for the work you have to do and they even expect more...
8 November 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
fast paced workplace
friendly and helpful staff, that are happy to help you out when you are new. Fast-paced and always something to do. Management were approachable and tried their best to be as accommodating as possible.
If I could give 0 stars, I would
This was unequivocally the WORST working environment I've ever experienced, and I was a store manager. I've never been issued demands to such extent that it completely consumed my life, and for what..25k? Quite honestly, this was the worst job I've ever had and I've never commented on a previous employer before but this one I couldn't pass up.
Avoid at all costs! You have been warned...
9 October 2019
As a company we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the working environment while you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Price Branded Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9