Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Mr Price Branded Bargains selected this as a representative review
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry17 August 2019
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Each day i was given a number of tasks which i had to have completed by the days end. I feel i learned a lot about the retail industry from my time working in mr price.
Bad experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bunclody, County Wexford4 December 2019
No help from head office whatsoever, amount of stock that was send everyday was just rediculous considering the size of warehouse and budget given. Expecting miracles at no cost.
experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  blanchardstown7 November 2019
It was a very useful experience, but the administrative instability that prevailed in Mr. Price shop had difficulties at work and also to the financial return was unsatisfactory but if you ask me I would say it was a nice and useful experience developed a lot of skills
8 November 2019

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.

Much better jobs out there!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 November 2019
Currently working at Mr.Price as a sales assistant and thinking of leaving the place.The pay is bad especially if your'e 16-19 years of age, you only earn between €6.86- €8.82 per hour. No Christmas bonuses , if your shift finishes at 22:00 and you leave the place 22:15 you are not paid for that extra time and there's no overtime for doing the night shift. The work required is fairly easy working on tills, packing out etc. but we're nearly always understaffed so getting things done is difficult. The only positive thing really are the other employees I work with - they are so lovely & helpful and you also get 10% staff discount- can you believe it a whole 10%. No employee satisfaction what so ever and there's constant maintenance issues.It's clear to see many of the staff including myself are unhappy here, unequivocally a major improvement is needed. If looking for a job make this your last option.
Very bad place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 October 2019
Very bad place to work Head office sleep all day they don't care about staff or management!!! The money is very bad for the work you have to do and they even expect more...
8 November 2019

As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.

fast paced workplace
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal12 October 2019
friendly and helpful staff, that are happy to help you out when you are new. Fast-paced and always something to do. Management were approachable and tried their best to be as accommodating as possible.
8 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We would like to wish you every success in the future.

If I could give 0 stars, I would
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 October 2019
This was unequivocally the WORST working environment I've ever experienced, and I was a store manager. I've never been issued demands to such extent that it completely consumed my life, and for what..25k? Quite honestly, this was the worst job I've ever had and I've never commented on a previous employer before but this one I couldn't pass up.
Avoid at all costs! You have been warned...
9 October 2019

As a company we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the working environment while you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.

Avoid at all costs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2019
Absolutely abhorrent place to work
Vile little witches in their head office
Disgusting treatment of staff , no care or attention given to employees. I wish someone had advised me of this before making a big mistake working for these cretins. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else bar here.
9 October 2019

As a company, we are sorry to hear that you were not happy whilst you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.

Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2019
Really enjoyed working at Mr.Price over the course of 4 years the company is still growing so there is a lot of room to move up and progress within the company.

If you work hard you will be recognised.
Pros
Team, Flexible Working Hours, Work Life Balance, Culture
Cons
Good company to got some experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath11 August 2019
I am very thankful to work in a company like Mr. Price. The job itself is easy, I got my english improved considerably. I am glad to part of the team because of the manager of our store who make things to work.

The salary though is not really great, there is always a chance to grow professionally but the company doesn't give its interest to keep and motivate the old workers to stay in the company.
productive and beneficial
Retail operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 July 2019
early morning stacking shelves and making sure products are in order for customers. Organisational skills were gained as well as resourcefulness. Dull atmosphere yet great management.
Not a good company to work for at all
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland11 July 2019
Nothing good to say. Headoffice (headquarters, as they call themselves) need a wake up call. Overstocks, out of date stock arriving, buyers have an atittude, support structures non existant, like to think they have structures but in reality there is just paperwork to cover themselves.
Cons
Nightmare of a place to work for
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sligo1 July 2019
Terrible place to work for management would find anything to pick on staff about! Anything that goes wrong higher management luks to blame someone and never took resonbility! Started as a sales assitant and moved to keyholder for a whole extra 50 cent a hour which is not worth it , as a keyholder you have to go over in the middle of the night if the alarm goes off which i done twice and get no extra money for it! Even though other members of management was closer! The list literally goes on would recommend stayin away from this place at all costs!!! Some stores give their employees discount on all departments but the sligo one changed that because they felt like it. Ran by donkeys
Pros
None at all
Cons
Management, pay, the job itself
Stay away if your wise
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kiltipper5 June 2019
Do not work here, staff treated like slaves, horrible managers and head office, hours are bleeding terrible, pay is ridiculous for the work you do. Place is a bleeding mess.
Tough on wages
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nenagh, County Tipperary24 May 2019
Enjoyable work however I was employed below minimum wage which really made me suffer throughout the week. Great experience and learned various new skills here. It's a shame about the pay though.
Pros
Enjoyed
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible place to work
Goods Inwards Manager (Former Employee) –  Sligo8 November 2018
I left mr price after 2 weeks, I was employed as goods in manager. There was absolutely no organisation, store room was too small and the company are too cheap to get insurance to instal a lift and use the floor upstairs, as a result 70 pallets were sitting outside the back of the shop everyday, stock was getting wet and destroyed, they had to be left on the shop floor every night and brought outside in the morning which took nearly two hours, what a joke of a place, management also speak to you like you’re a piece of dirt and they walk around with faces like slapped arses, they then wonder why they can’t hold onto staff, absolute joke shop. At the interview you get about 20-30 pages to fill out, there are questions about the condition of your mental health, since when can a business ask questions like that? Don’t go near it.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Early start, 6am
Great Place to Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutgrove, Dublin 141 November 2018
Mr Price Branded Bargains is a great place to work with friendly staff and customers. A typical day working in Mr Price would consist of packing shelves with stock, keeping the shop floor clean, serving customers on the tills, keeping till area clean and tidy, showing customers where products they are looking for are kept. Management are friendly and can always approach them about. If you are taking on through SEETEC (Jobseekers) don't expect to be employed for too long. I got my job in Mr Price through SEETEC, I was only there 7 months and they let me go without any explanation and only a couple of days notice.
Pros
10% discount on all stock except food.
Cons
Too many people in charge.
Mr Price
Goods Inwards Manager (Former Employee) –  Rathdowney, County Laois18 October 2018
I really enjoyed working as a goods inwards manager at Mr. Price as it helped me develop and contribute towards my skills set in the workplace and in management. Managing a tiny stockroom for the amount of deliveries and for the size of the shop was the most stressful part of it all but nonetheless I managed.
Pros
Clean Safe working enviroment
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary16 August 2018
Packing out daily from storeroom to the shelves. Serving on tills also and making sure customer service. I learned more about working within a team and working on a schedule. Management was very up and down in the company as i had three different managers and left when there was none at all. The workplace was good and everyone seemed to work well with each other. Hardest part of the job was working om weekends which was always very busy. I most enjoyed working with the team, they were very helpful and friendly to me.
Pros
Good Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lack of security
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath16 July 2018
Ive learned a lot in this organization, gained new skills, like communicating, working at the tills, dealing with cash and credit transactions, merchandising. Hardest part of the job was the under pressure to complete all the task by the time management. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing co-workers and team working, communicating with customers.
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin5 November 2017
As this was my first job alot of vital skills were gained. I was thrown head first into most tasks which meant i was quick to learn, I was on tills most days.. security .. stocking shelves , all round customer service.
Pros
good management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Price Branded Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.