Mr Price Branded Bargains
Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Review

bad Place to Work

26 July 2020
The Hours In Job Are Terrible, People tell on each other to gain Benefits for themselves but will still smile and talk to you which sounds crazy, Manager Would come in drunk, No management whatsoever Store House is a Mess its Like Trying to find needle in a haystack
Pros
Cons
all of the above
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
29 July 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been noted and we will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.
24 August 2020
Store Manager (Former Employee) - Carrick-on-Suir, County Tipperary
Top level management in dublin over ride every decision you make .Too many chiefs in this place and not enough indians.The turnover of staff is shocking .
Pros
Cons
loads
10 July 2020
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Dublin
Low pay and 4 hour shifts only. Management very bad to deal with and will give low hours to anyone who does not falsify reports for them. Nice staff but mostly non Irish which wouldn’t be an issue if the foreign staff were not so racist to the Irish staff. Foreign staff allowed to work 3 day’s and receive social welfare and Irish staff working 4 hours per day over 5 days
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Very bad management, have young managers to save money, have to stay 30mins after shift without pay
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
16 July 2020
1 July 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Carlow
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure