Mr Price Branded Bargains
Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Review

Left standing for so long that I walked with a limp after my shift.

30 January 2020
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here. The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long. There was no proper training provided. I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place. At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them. I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management. There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
1.0Job security/advancement
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
31 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
7 October 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
Honestly you would be happy dealing with their idiotic HR if you were getting paid decent but as a sales assistant you’re only paid 10.10 an hr and as a keyholder you’re paid 10.45. Hrs are mad long and you’re only paid for what you’re rostered for not for what the clock in sheets says. Expected to wait back half hr after shift and not paid for it. Also during the pandemic the staff members didn’t receive a bonus because mr price is very cute they instead put money on the staff’s loyalty cards so you can only spend it in mr price and mr price makes the money back. They’re hungry cretins. Word of advice Do not work here they don’t care about their staff half their shops have no security so if you get hurt don’t think for a second they will care cause they won’t and their stores are very unhygienic so you will get physical sick a lot
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, untrained head office, unhygienic environment, long hrs
1 July 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Carlow
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure
29 December 2019
Same roleSame location
Night shift sales assistant (Current Employee) - Blachardstown, County Dublin
Mr.Price is the worst company that I had to delt with.It's hard labour,s*** money.Night shift for 9.80.What they are doing should be illegal.THE WORST
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
2 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.