Mr Price Branded Bargains
Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Review

Much better jobs out there!

6 November 2019
Currently working at Mr.Price as a sales assistant and thinking of leaving the place.The pay is bad especially if your'e 16-19 years of age, you only earn between €6.86- €8.82 per hour. No Christmas bonuses , if your shift finishes at 22:00 and you leave the place 22:15 you are not paid for that extra time and there's no overtime for doing the night shift. The work required is fairly easy working on tills, packing out etc. but we're nearly always understaffed so getting things done is difficult. The only positive thing really are the other employees I work with - they are so lovely & helpful and you also get 10% staff discount- can you believe it a whole 10%. No employee satisfaction what so ever and there's constant maintenance issues.It's clear to see many of the staff including myself are unhappy here, unequivocally a major improvement is needed. If looking for a job make this your last option.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time working at Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your feedback further please email people@mrprice.ie.
1 July 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Carlow
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure
15 June 2020
Same roleSame location
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
I am enjoying my time working in MrPrice. I think a good company although stressful it is easier than previous jobs I have had and also the hours of work are good if you still have a social life. I like the team I work with so that is great makes days go faster.
Pros
Good Team Nice Hours
17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. As a company, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Mr.Price.
10 July 2020
Same location
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Dublin
Low pay and 4 hour shifts only. Management very bad to deal with and will give low hours to anyone who does not falsify reports for them. Nice staff but mostly non Irish which wouldn’t be an issue if the foreign staff were not so racist to the Irish staff. Foreign staff allowed to work 3 day’s and receive social welfare and Irish staff working 4 hours per day over 5 days
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Very bad management, have young managers to save money, have to stay 30mins after shift without pay
16 July 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been noted and we will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.