Mr Price Branded Bargains
Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Review

Productive and collaborative

1 July 2020
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure
7 October 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
Honestly you would be happy dealing with their idiotic HR if you were getting paid decent but as a sales assistant you’re only paid 10.10 an hr and as a keyholder you’re paid 10.45. Hrs are mad long and you’re only paid for what you’re rostered for not for what the clock in sheets says. Expected to wait back half hr after shift and not paid for it. Also during the pandemic the staff members didn’t receive a bonus because mr price is very cute they instead put money on the staff’s loyalty cards so you can only spend it in mr price and mr price makes the money back. They’re hungry cretins. Word of advice Do not work here they don’t care about their staff half their shops have no security so if you get hurt don’t think for a second they will care cause they won’t and their stores are very unhygienic so you will get physical sick a lot
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, untrained head office, unhygienic environment, long hrs
15 June 2020
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
I am enjoying my time working in MrPrice. I think a good company although stressful it is easier than previous jobs I have had and also the hours of work are good if you still have a social life. I like the team I work with so that is great makes days go faster.
Pros
Good Team Nice Hours
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. As a company, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Mr.Price.
10 June 2020
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Ireland
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. No appreciation for their staff. Minimum wage. Long hours. Only paid for what you're rostered, not what you actually work, even if you have to stay later for whatever reason. Staff morale extremely low, HQ and management doing nothing about it. Pointless audits with no incentive to do well in them. Loads of paperwork to cover themselves health and safety-wise, when in reality the shop has numerous safety issues. Key-holders not trained in basics such as operating the baler or doing balloons. Clientele frequently rude, dismissive, downright aggressive: no support from management. I absolutely hate this job.
Pros
10% discount for staff
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
17 June 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any part of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie