Mr Price Branded Bargains

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews

The Hours In Job Are Terrible, People tell on each other to gain Benefits for themselves but will still smile and talk to you which sounds crazy, Manager Would come in drunk, No management whatsoever Store House is a Mess its Like Trying to find needle in a haystack
Pros
Cons
all of the above
29 July 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been noted and we will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.
I was really starting to enjoy my time with Mr Price despite headoffice making life as difficult as pssible for me. But then I was struck down with Covid19. 2 weeks later I received an email saying my employment had been terminated, even though I had presented medical certs. Dont be decieved in the interview, its a horrible company to work for.
Pros
None in the end
Cons
Zero support from head office
Staff in most of the stores Staff are under paid for the great job they do making profits for Mr Price goal post keep moving and no support.Staff make all the profits For Mr price but see little of the profit.Offer shares or sickness payments or bonuses
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, bad pay no recognition for area managers or higher level managers
Honestly you would be happy dealing with their idiotic HR if you were getting paid decent but as a sales assistant you’re only paid 10.10 an hr and as a keyholder you’re paid 10.45. Hrs are mad long and you’re only paid for what you’re rostered for not for what the clock in sheets says. Expected to wait back half hr after shift and not paid for it. Also during the pandemic the staff members didn’t receive a bonus because mr price is very cute they instead put money on the staff’s loyalty cards so you can only spend it in mr price and mr price makes the money back. They’re hungry cretins. Word of advice Do not work here they don’t care about their staff half their shops have no security so if you get hurt don’t think for a second they will care cause they won’t and their stores are very unhygienic so you will get physical sick a lot
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, untrained head office, unhygienic environment, long hrs
Top level management in dublin over ride every decision you make .Too many chiefs in this place and not enough indians.The turnover of staff is shocking .
Pros
Cons
loads
Low pay and 4 hour shifts only. Management very bad to deal with and will give low hours to anyone who does not falsify reports for them. Nice staff but mostly non Irish which wouldn’t be an issue if the foreign staff were not so racist to the Irish staff. Foreign staff allowed to work 3 day’s and receive social welfare and Irish staff working 4 hours per day over 5 days
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Very bad management, have young managers to save money, have to stay 30mins after shift without pay
16 July 2020
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure
The staff I worked with were incredible, an amazing group of people. Head office were unhelpful and in all created a toxic atmosphere to work in, they would order far too much stock working staff in to the ground, management was never consulted in ordering for their store. The manager may as well be a puppet because they are expected to just be there to open and close the store and keep their mouth shut!
Pros
The store team
Cons
Head office - clowns
30 June 2020
The experience was herrendous.the staffing level were low.All staff expected to be in three places at once at all times.The manager was very rude to deal wirh.
Pros
Cons
everything
29 June 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been passed onto the store and will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.
I am enjoying my time working in MrPrice. I think a good company although stressful it is easier than previous jobs I have had and also the hours of work are good if you still have a social life. I like the team I work with so that is great makes days go faster.
Pros
Good Team Nice Hours
17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. As a company, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Mr.Price.
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. No appreciation for their staff. Minimum wage. Long hours. Only paid for what you're rostered, not what you actually work, even if you have to stay later for whatever reason. Staff morale extremely low, HQ and management doing nothing about it. Pointless audits with no incentive to do well in them. Loads of paperwork to cover themselves health and safety-wise, when in reality the shop has numerous safety issues. Key-holders not trained in basics such as operating the baler or doing balloons. Clientele frequently rude, dismissive, downright aggressive: no support from management. I absolutely hate this job.
Pros
10% discount for staff
17 June 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any part of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I was disappointed but not surprised to discover no bonus would be given for working through this pandemic.Staff in the stores are risking their well being for minimum wage and head office can't even give a 10% bonus like Aldi,Tesco etc. Work done daily is very stressful and monotonous. Constantly understaffed and expected to jump through fire lit hoops. The work you do is never appreciated and only is criticized. Workplace culture is negative and depressing. Immense amount of nepotism and bias.Evidently key holders have their favorites and they're certainly not afraid to show it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, poor management, dull atmosphere, poor working condtions
20 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is passed on to our store management teams. We utilise all feedback and ensure to use it as a way of improving our rapidly growing company.We would just like to note that we have rewarded our frontline staff and will continue to do so during the pandemic with bonuses if you worked during this pandemic and did not receive your bonus please contact us directly and we will be happy to help. Again thank you for your review of Mr.Price.
A typical day on the job is always enjoyable. The atmosphere is always friendly and I have learned many transferable skills while working here. My favorite part of working there was the sense of satisfaction after a hard days work.
20 May 2020
Every day is like the same day over and over. Staff are great to work with . Management is okay. I like the way I get to put my input into most situations because I'm in charge of the storeroom and stock coming and goin.
12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We really appreciate your feedback.
I was looking forward to grow with in the company but unfortunately had to continue with my studies. for i want to go along with my passion that will open doors for me in the electrical engineering field .On my part i really learned a lot ,work ethic ,working under pressure ,commitment and a lot of team wok it really was a good learning experience for me.
Seeing the progression of the goods in since the 1st day I started to today. Working from the shop floor to management has been a great learning curve.
14 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
Management team were good and helpful The workplace were open culture and the hardest part was operating the tills because you need to stay focused.
Its nice working at Mrp but its challenging and you have to multitask your work in order to finish it because you not only doing one job like cleaning
Treated like dirt (even if you’ve worked there long term). Workplace injuries played down or ignored. No clear plan, just a lot of contradicting ones. Stock comes in rusted and covered in black mould, and food comes in out of date.
27 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I didn’t like working in mr price as I don’t like working in an inside environment and I didn’t get paid for it. I also felt that it was stressful and fast paced.
26 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. f you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I did not have much experience when I started here but I feel I have learnt loads in the last year. Its grand once you do your job right and show you are keen. The manager in my store is lovely and is very helpful with everyone. Hours aren't bad either and they work around my training and stuff. Met new friends and its a good experience to learn about retail.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Money is minimum
11 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price and giving us your feedback on your time with the company.