Play YouTube video button

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews in Blanchardstown, County Dublin

Featured review
Mr Price Branded Bargains selected this as a representative review
productive and fun workplace
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Each day i was given a number of tasks which i had to have completed by the days end. I feel i learned a lot about the retail industry from my time working in mr price.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
Left standing for so long that I walked with a limp after my shift.
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here.

The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long.

There was no proper training provided.

I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place.

At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them.

I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management.

There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
31 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
The worst job in my life
Mr.Price is the worst company that I had to delt with.It's hard labour,s*** money.Night shift for 9.80.What they are doing should be illegal.THE WORST
2 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
experience
It was a very useful experience, but the administrative instability that prevailed in Mr. Price shop had difficulties at work and also to the financial return was unsatisfactory but if you ask me I would say it was a nice and useful experience developed a lot of skills
8 November 2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
productive
As this was my first job alot of vital skills were gained. I was thrown head first into most tasks which meant i was quick to learn, I was on tills most days.. security .. stocking shelves , all round customer service.
Pros
good management
Cons
Fast paced working environment
always jobs that need doing, Team work is a crucial part of working in one of the stores. Overall a nice place to work

Lots of customer interaction and learning to be had.. all staff fully till trained on the EPOS till systems
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Price Branded Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9