Mr Price Branded Bargains

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews in Dublin

Currently working at Mr.Price as a sales assistant and thinking of leaving the place.The pay is bad especially if your'e 16-19 years of age, you only earn between €6.86- €8.82 per hour. No Christmas bonuses , if your shift finishes at 22:00 and you leave the place 22:15 you are not paid for that extra time and there's no overtime for doing the night shift. The work required is fairly easy working on tills, packing out etc. but we're nearly always understaffed so getting things done is difficult. The only positive thing really are the other employees I work with - they are so lovely & helpful and you also get 10% staff discount- can you believe it a whole 10%. No employee satisfaction what so ever and there's constant maintenance issues.It's clear to see many of the staff including myself are unhappy here, unequivocally a major improvement is needed. If looking for a job make this your last option.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time working at Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your feedback further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Honestly you would be happy dealing with their idiotic HR if you were getting paid decent but as a sales assistant you’re only paid 10.10 an hr and as a keyholder you’re paid 10.45. Hrs are mad long and you’re only paid for what you’re rostered for not for what the clock in sheets says. Expected to wait back half hr after shift and not paid for it. Also during the pandemic the staff members didn’t receive a bonus because mr price is very cute they instead put money on the staff’s loyalty cards so you can only spend it in mr price and mr price makes the money back. They’re hungry cretins. Word of advice Do not work here they don’t care about their staff half their shops have no security so if you get hurt don’t think for a second they will care cause they won’t and their stores are very unhygienic so you will get physical sick a lot
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, untrained head office, unhygienic environment, long hrs
Low pay and 4 hour shifts only. Management very bad to deal with and will give low hours to anyone who does not falsify reports for them. Nice staff but mostly non Irish which wouldn’t be an issue if the foreign staff were not so racist to the Irish staff. Foreign staff allowed to work 3 day’s and receive social welfare and Irish staff working 4 hours per day over 5 days
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Very bad management, have young managers to save money, have to stay 30mins after shift without pay
16 July 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been noted and we will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.
The staff I worked with were incredible, an amazing group of people. Head office were unhelpful and in all created a toxic atmosphere to work in, they would order far too much stock working staff in to the ground, management was never consulted in ordering for their store. The manager may as well be a puppet because they are expected to just be there to open and close the store and keep their mouth shut!
Pros
The store team
Cons
Head office - clowns
30 June 2020
I am enjoying my time working in MrPrice. I think a good company although stressful it is easier than previous jobs I have had and also the hours of work are good if you still have a social life. I like the team I work with so that is great makes days go faster.
Pros
Good Team Nice Hours
17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. As a company, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Mr.Price.
Treated like dirt (even if you’ve worked there long term). Workplace injuries played down or ignored. No clear plan, just a lot of contradicting ones. Stock comes in rusted and covered in black mould, and food comes in out of date.
27 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I worked in Mr Price full time for one year before I went to college. Now I work part time. My time in the company has helped be gain a lot of experience. Even though we work long hours the team bond is good and the hours are not as bad as if you were working in a bar or hotel. It is also good because there is progression in the company if you want to stay in retail. I am studying science so it doesn't suit me to stay long term but I know others who have been here years and love it.
11 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price and giving us your feedback on your time with the company.
This has to be the most horrific, unprofessional, underpaid, over-stressed and ridiculous company to ever work for. I have never, in my professional life seen a more selfish company. No concern for staff safety/mental health. Only concern is profit. No regard for staff, keyholders in particular, who are paid less than manager/goodsin but still expected to do their job a small well as their own . Store rooms are a joke. All in the same situation. Not safe to work in. Stock all covered in black mound , even around food items for sale. AVOID THIS COMPANY OR RISK YOUR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH!!!!
31 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback is important and it has been noted. If you wish to discuss or address your concerns with the company further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie.
I have learnt a lot so far in my time here. It is a great place to learn about retail as it is busy and fast paced. The team who I work with are great and each day is fun and new. There are people of all ages who I work alongside so I have learnt from different people. Any management I have met are all very friendly and welcoming. The pay is standard what you would expect in retail so I can’t complain.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at Mr. Price.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mr Price Branded Bargains?
I have learnt a lot working in Mr Price and everyday has something new. It is fast paced and always busy which makes the days go faster. I have met lots of new people and we all get on great. There is great opportunities to learn and go further, I know employees who have started as sales assistants and went on to be managers which is what you want to see.
2 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
Very bad place to work Head office sleep all day they don't care about staff or management!!! The money is very bad for the work you have to do and they even expect more...
8 November 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
This was unequivocally the WORST working environment I've ever experienced, and I was a store manager. I've never been issued demands to such extent that it completely consumed my life, and for what..25k? Quite honestly, this was the worst job I've ever had and I've never commented on a previous employer before but this one I couldn't pass up. Avoid at all costs! You have been warned...
9 October 2019
As a company we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the working environment while you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
Absolutely abhorrent place to work Vile little witches in their head office Disgusting treatment of staff , no care or attention given to employees. I wish someone had advised me of this before making a big mistake working for these cretins. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else bar here.
9 October 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you were not happy whilst you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
Really enjoyed working at Mr.Price over the course of 4 years the company is still growing so there is a lot of room to move up and progress within the company. If you work hard you will be recognised.
Pros
Team, Flexible Working Hours, Work Life Balance, Culture
Cons
early morning stacking shelves and making sure products are in order for customers. Organisational skills were gained as well as resourcefulness. Dull atmosphere yet great management.
Mr Price Branded Bargains is a great place to work with friendly staff and customers. A typical day working in Mr Price would consist of packing shelves with stock, keeping the shop floor clean, serving customers on the tills, keeping till area clean and tidy, showing customers where products they are looking for are kept. Management are friendly and can always approach them about. If you are taking on through SEETEC (Jobseekers) don't expect to be employed for too long. I got my job in Mr Price through SEETEC, I was only there 7 months and they let me go without any explanation and only a couple of days notice.
Pros
10% discount on all stock except food.
Cons
Too many people in charge.
I have been doing only work experience at the time i was working there, i love working in retail i enjoyed every minute i was there, All the staff helped each other out,
i like to work in mr price its was reall team work,till the owners changed,the hardest part of the work was deal with customer complains because first rule is customer always right so you have to make customer happy all the times,sometimes is impossible because in mr price its no refunds so we had some situations which was really hard to make customer happy.