Mr Price Branded Bargains

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

i enjoyed working, i would to work for Mr Price in the future. i made loads of friends working there. When i was working at Mr Price i learned how to operate the cash register, how to do the balloons. The worst part is when the HQ people sent to much stock/pallets to the shop. The stock room in Sligo Mr Price is way to small.
21 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price and giving us your feedback on your time with the company.
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure
I am enjoying my time working in MrPrice. I think a good company although stressful it is easier than previous jobs I have had and also the hours of work are good if you still have a social life. I like the team I work with so that is great makes days go faster.
Pros
Good Team Nice Hours
17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. As a company, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Mr.Price.
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. No appreciation for their staff. Minimum wage. Long hours. Only paid for what you're rostered, not what you actually work, even if you have to stay later for whatever reason. Staff morale extremely low, HQ and management doing nothing about it. Pointless audits with no incentive to do well in them. Loads of paperwork to cover themselves health and safety-wise, when in reality the shop has numerous safety issues. Key-holders not trained in basics such as operating the baler or doing balloons. Clientele frequently rude, dismissive, downright aggressive: no support from management. I absolutely hate this job.
Pros
10% discount for staff
17 June 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any part of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I was disappointed but not surprised to discover no bonus would be given for working through this pandemic.Staff in the stores are risking their well being for minimum wage and head office can't even give a 10% bonus like Aldi,Tesco etc. Work done daily is very stressful and monotonous. Constantly understaffed and expected to jump through fire lit hoops. The work you do is never appreciated and only is criticized. Workplace culture is negative and depressing. Immense amount of nepotism and bias.Evidently key holders have their favorites and they're certainly not afraid to show it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, poor management, dull atmosphere, poor working condtions
20 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is passed on to our store management teams. We utilise all feedback and ensure to use it as a way of improving our rapidly growing company.We would just like to note that we have rewarded our frontline staff and will continue to do so during the pandemic with bonuses if you worked during this pandemic and did not receive your bonus please contact us directly and we will be happy to help. Again thank you for your review of Mr.Price.
I did not have much experience when I started here but I feel I have learnt loads in the last year. Its grand once you do your job right and show you are keen. The manager in my store is lovely and is very helpful with everyone. Hours aren't bad either and they work around my training and stuff. Met new friends and its a good experience to learn about retail.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Money is minimum
11 February 2020
I worked in Mr Price full time for one year before I went to college. Now I work part time. My time in the company has helped be gain a lot of experience. Even though we work long hours the team bond is good and the hours are not as bad as if you were working in a bar or hotel. It is also good because there is progression in the company if you want to stay in retail. I am studying science so it doesn't suit me to stay long term but I know others who have been here years and love it.
11 February 2020
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here. The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long. There was no proper training provided. I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place. At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them. I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management. There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
31 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Mr.Price is the worst company that I had to delt with.It's hard labour,s*** money.Night shift for 9.80.What they are doing should be illegal.THE WORST
2 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
I have learnt a lot so far in my time here. It is a great place to learn about retail as it is busy and fast paced. The team who I work with are great and each day is fun and new. There are people of all ages who I work alongside so I have learnt from different people. Any management I have met are all very friendly and welcoming. The pay is standard what you would expect in retail so I can’t complain.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at Mr. Price.
I have learnt a lot working in Mr Price and everyday has something new. It is fast paced and always busy which makes the days go faster. I have met lots of new people and we all get on great. There is great opportunities to learn and go further, I know employees who have started as sales assistants and went on to be managers which is what you want to see.
2 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
It was a very useful experience, but the administrative instability that prevailed in Mr. Price shop had difficulties at work and also to the financial return was unsatisfactory but if you ask me I would say it was a nice and useful experience developed a lot of skills
8 November 2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Currently working at Mr.Price as a sales assistant and thinking of leaving the place.The pay is bad especially if your'e 16-19 years of age, you only earn between €6.86- €8.82 per hour. No Christmas bonuses , if your shift finishes at 22:00 and you leave the place 22:15 you are not paid for that extra time and there's no overtime for doing the night shift. The work required is fairly easy working on tills, packing out etc. but we're nearly always understaffed so getting things done is difficult. The only positive thing really are the other employees I work with - they are so lovely & helpful and you also get 10% staff discount- can you believe it a whole 10%. No employee satisfaction what so ever and there's constant maintenance issues.It's clear to see many of the staff including myself are unhappy here, unequivocally a major improvement is needed. If looking for a job make this your last option.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time working at Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your feedback further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Each day i was given a number of tasks which i had to have completed by the days end. I feel i learned a lot about the retail industry from my time working in mr price.
14 January 2020
I am very thankful to work in a company like Mr. Price. The job itself is easy, I got my english improved considerably. I am glad to part of the team because of the manager of our store who make things to work. The salary though is not really great, there is always a chance to grow professionally but the company doesn't give its interest to keep and motivate the old workers to stay in the company.
Do not work here, staff treated like slaves, horrible managers and head office, hours are bleeding terrible, pay is ridiculous for the work you do. Place is a bleeding mess.
Cons
Mr Price Branded Bargains is a great place to work with friendly staff and customers. A typical day working in Mr Price would consist of packing shelves with stock, keeping the shop floor clean, serving customers on the tills, keeping till area clean and tidy, showing customers where products they are looking for are kept. Management are friendly and can always approach them about. If you are taking on through SEETEC (Jobseekers) don't expect to be employed for too long. I got my job in Mr Price through SEETEC, I was only there 7 months and they let me go without any explanation and only a couple of days notice.
Pros
10% discount on all stock except food.
Cons
Too many people in charge.
Packing out daily from storeroom to the shelves. Serving on tills also and making sure customer service. I learned more about working within a team and working on a schedule. Management was very up and down in the company as i had three different managers and left when there was none at all. The workplace was good and everyone seemed to work well with each other. Hardest part of the job was working om weekends which was always very busy. I most enjoyed working with the team, they were very helpful and friendly to me.
Pros
Good Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lack of security
As this was my first job alot of vital skills were gained. I was thrown head first into most tasks which meant i was quick to learn, I was on tills most days.. security .. stocking shelves , all round customer service.
Pros
good management
Cons
I learned how to deal with customers, how to advise customers, got an insight and gained knowledge at what working takes and the commitment needed. I enjoyed my time working here.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
A typical 9-5 job. Perfect for people any age and gender. Company needs to focus on their employees and raise their pay. Hence I left. Uniform is not free. Good lunch break time. Great managers and fun staff. Great job to start off with.
Pros
long lunches.
Cons
Bad pay for the huge amount of work that's expected off you.