Mr Price Branded Bargains

Mr Price Branded Bargains Management reviews

The Hours In Job Are Terrible, People tell on each other to gain Benefits for themselves but will still smile and talk to you which sounds crazy, Manager Would come in drunk, No management whatsoever Store House is a Mess its Like Trying to find needle in a haystack
Pros
Cons
all of the above
29 July 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been noted and we will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.
Honestly you would be happy dealing with their idiotic HR if you were getting paid decent but as a sales assistant you’re only paid 10.10 an hr and as a keyholder you’re paid 10.45. Hrs are mad long and you’re only paid for what you’re rostered for not for what the clock in sheets says. Expected to wait back half hr after shift and not paid for it. Also during the pandemic the staff members didn’t receive a bonus because mr price is very cute they instead put money on the staff’s loyalty cards so you can only spend it in mr price and mr price makes the money back. They’re hungry cretins. Word of advice Do not work here they don’t care about their staff half their shops have no security so if you get hurt don’t think for a second they will care cause they won’t and their stores are very unhygienic so you will get physical sick a lot
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, untrained head office, unhygienic environment, long hrs
Top level management in dublin over ride every decision you make .Too many chiefs in this place and not enough indians.The turnover of staff is shocking .
Pros
Cons
loads
Low pay and 4 hour shifts only. Management very bad to deal with and will give low hours to anyone who does not falsify reports for them. Nice staff but mostly non Irish which wouldn’t be an issue if the foreign staff were not so racist to the Irish staff. Foreign staff allowed to work 3 day’s and receive social welfare and Irish staff working 4 hours per day over 5 days
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Very bad management, have young managers to save money, have to stay 30mins after shift without pay
16 July 2020
Having worked at a branch for three months, I believe I've enough experience for a company review. With a typical workday beginning at 8/9 am, once you began your shift you may be either asked to work at tills, shelve returned items or be assigned to a particular section of the store. Later, once it began to get busy, you may be reassigned to a different section of the shop floor or be asked again to work on tills. Afterwards, depending on customers you might be assigned to your original task or be reassigned. Later in the evening before closing time you'd be asked along with your co-workers to clean up the store in preparation for the next day. In order to properly have a productive day at work, I learnt that teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets to accomplish that goal. Because of sometimes such a busy environment- you'd need to be "on your game" to have both a positive and productive day at work. Luckily the management I encountered in the workplace was very positive with a democratic style of leadership in place. As established above the values of teamwork, time management and motivation are three pivotal assets in order for productivity to take place- however, they also played a part in workplace culture. Values like these and general communication are what's needed to work at a branch for Mr.Price Branded Bargains. However, the hardest part for me personally was the stress I felt whenever it got particularly busy. Without beating around the bush- the stress did feel debilitating at times and If I were to give advice to someone - more...
Pros
Teamwork, sense of belonging, improved communication skills
Cons
Stress, time pressure
The staff I worked with were incredible, an amazing group of people. Head office were unhelpful and in all created a toxic atmosphere to work in, they would order far too much stock working staff in to the ground, management was never consulted in ordering for their store. The manager may as well be a puppet because they are expected to just be there to open and close the store and keep their mouth shut!
Pros
The store team
Cons
Head office - clowns
30 June 2020
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. No appreciation for their staff. Minimum wage. Long hours. Only paid for what you're rostered, not what you actually work, even if you have to stay later for whatever reason. Staff morale extremely low, HQ and management doing nothing about it. Pointless audits with no incentive to do well in them. Loads of paperwork to cover themselves health and safety-wise, when in reality the shop has numerous safety issues. Key-holders not trained in basics such as operating the baler or doing balloons. Clientele frequently rude, dismissive, downright aggressive: no support from management. I absolutely hate this job.
Pros
10% discount for staff
17 June 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any part of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I was disappointed but not surprised to discover no bonus would be given for working through this pandemic.Staff in the stores are risking their well being for minimum wage and head office can't even give a 10% bonus like Aldi,Tesco etc. Work done daily is very stressful and monotonous. Constantly understaffed and expected to jump through fire lit hoops. The work you do is never appreciated and only is criticized. Workplace culture is negative and depressing. Immense amount of nepotism and bias.Evidently key holders have their favorites and they're certainly not afraid to show it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, poor management, dull atmosphere, poor working condtions
20 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is passed on to our store management teams. We utilise all feedback and ensure to use it as a way of improving our rapidly growing company.We would just like to note that we have rewarded our frontline staff and will continue to do so during the pandemic with bonuses if you worked during this pandemic and did not receive your bonus please contact us directly and we will be happy to help. Again thank you for your review of Mr.Price.
Every day is like the same day over and over. Staff are great to work with . Management is okay. I like the way I get to put my input into most situations because I'm in charge of the storeroom and stock coming and goin.
12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We really appreciate your feedback.
Seeing the progression of the goods in since the 1st day I started to today. Working from the shop floor to management has been a great learning curve.
14 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
Worst place to work treated like dirt and expected to work till you can’t anymore Paid unfair minimum wage for minimum work Would not recommend to a friend
11 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our company. We have noted your feedback. If you wish to discuss it further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here. The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long. There was no proper training provided. I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place. At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them. I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management. There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
31 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
This has to be the most horrific, unprofessional, underpaid, over-stressed and ridiculous company to ever work for. I have never, in my professional life seen a more selfish company. No concern for staff safety/mental health. Only concern is profit. No regard for staff, keyholders in particular, who are paid less than manager/goodsin but still expected to do their job a small well as their own . Store rooms are a joke. All in the same situation. Not safe to work in. Stock all covered in black mound , even around food items for sale. AVOID THIS COMPANY OR RISK YOUR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH!!!!
31 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback is important and it has been noted. If you wish to discuss or address your concerns with the company further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie.
Mr.Price is the worst company that I had to delt with.It's hard labour,s*** money.Night shift for 9.80.What they are doing should be illegal.THE WORST
2 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
I have learnt a lot so far in my time here. It is a great place to learn about retail as it is busy and fast paced. The team who I work with are great and each day is fun and new. There are people of all ages who I work alongside so I have learnt from different people. Any management I have met are all very friendly and welcoming. The pay is standard what you would expect in retail so I can’t complain.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at Mr. Price.
Pay is terrible if you're 18 they'll pay you 7 something an hour. All the mr prices stock rooms are disgusting and full they get about 5 pallets of stock a day (monday-friday ) and you have to clear all of them. there is zero communication between store management and buying department. Key holders are basically mangers they get way to much responsibility. There is about 15 shops without a manger at the current moment because no one wants the jobs. its an okay job for sales assistants but for key holders its absolutely pointless.
2 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the company. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Very bad place to work Head office sleep all day they don't care about staff or management!!! The money is very bad for the work you have to do and they even expect more...
8 November 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
friendly and helpful staff, that are happy to help you out when you are new. Fast-paced and always something to do. Management were approachable and tried their best to be as accommodating as possible.
8 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We would like to wish you every success in the future.
This was unequivocally the WORST working environment I've ever experienced, and I was a store manager. I've never been issued demands to such extent that it completely consumed my life, and for what..25k? Quite honestly, this was the worst job I've ever had and I've never commented on a previous employer before but this one I couldn't pass up. Avoid at all costs! You have been warned...
9 October 2019
As a company we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the working environment while you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
Absolutely abhorrent place to work Vile little witches in their head office Disgusting treatment of staff , no care or attention given to employees. I wish someone had advised me of this before making a big mistake working for these cretins. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else bar here.
9 October 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you were not happy whilst you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
early morning stacking shelves and making sure products are in order for customers. Organisational skills were gained as well as resourcefulness. Dull atmosphere yet great management.