Play YouTube video button

Mr Price Branded Bargains Management reviews

Featured review
Mr Price Branded Bargains selected this as a representative review
productive and fun workplace
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Each day i was given a number of tasks which i had to have completed by the days end. I feel i learned a lot about the retail industry from my time working in mr price.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working for Mr.Price.
Mr price
Worst place to work treated like dirt and expected to work till you can’t anymore
Paid unfair minimum wage for minimum work
Would not recommend to a friend
11 February 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our company. We have noted your feedback. If you wish to discuss it further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie
Left standing for so long that I walked with a limp after my shift.
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here.

The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long.

There was no proper training provided.

I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place.

At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them.

I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management.

There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
31 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Avoid this company
This has to be the most horrific, unprofessional, underpaid, over-stressed and ridiculous company to ever work for. I have never, in my professional life seen a more selfish company. No concern for staff safety/mental health. Only concern is profit. No regard for staff, keyholders in particular, who are paid less than manager/goodsin but still expected to do their job a small well as their own . Store rooms are a joke. All in the same situation. Not safe to work in. Stock all covered in black mound , even around food items for sale. AVOID THIS COMPANY OR RISK YOUR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH!!!!
31 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback is important and it has been noted. If you wish to discuss or address your concerns with the company further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie.
The worst job in my life
Mr.Price is the worst company that I had to delt with.It's hard labour,s*** money.Night shift for 9.80.What they are doing should be illegal.THE WORST
2 January 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. Your feedback has been noted and if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
I have learnt a lot so far in my time here. It is a great place to learn about retail as it is busy and fast paced. The team who I work with are great and each day is fun and new. There are people of all ages who I work alongside so I have learnt from different people. Any management I have met are all very friendly and welcoming. The pay is standard what you would expect in retail so I can’t complain.
14 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time at Mr. Price.
Not great
Pay is terrible if you're 18 they'll pay you 7 something an hour. All the mr prices stock rooms are disgusting and full they get about 5 pallets of stock a day (monday-friday ) and you have to clear all of them. there is zero communication between store management and buying department. Key holders are basically mangers they get way to much responsibility. There is about 15 shops without a manger at the current moment because no one wants the jobs. its an okay job for sales assistants but for key holders its absolutely pointless.
2 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your experience working at Mr. Price. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the company. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Bad experience
No help from head office whatsoever, amount of stock that was send everyday was just rediculous considering the size of warehouse and budget given. Expecting miracles at no cost.
2 January 2020
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
Very bad place to work
Very bad place to work Head office sleep all day they don't care about staff or management!!! The money is very bad for the work you have to do and they even expect more...
8 November 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr Price. Your feedback has been noted if you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.
fast paced workplace
friendly and helpful staff, that are happy to help you out when you are new. Fast-paced and always something to do. Management were approachable and tried their best to be as accommodating as possible.
8 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Mr.Price. We would like to wish you every success in the future.
If I could give 0 stars, I would
This was unequivocally the WORST working environment I've ever experienced, and I was a store manager. I've never been issued demands to such extent that it completely consumed my life, and for what..25k? Quite honestly, this was the worst job I've ever had and I've never commented on a previous employer before but this one I couldn't pass up.
Avoid at all costs! You have been warned...
9 October 2019
As a company we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the working environment while you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
Avoid at all costs
Absolutely abhorrent place to work
Vile little witches in their head office

Disgusting treatment of staff , no care or attention given to employees. I wish someone had advised me of this before making a big mistake working for these cretins. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else bar here.
9 October 2019
As a company, we are sorry to hear that you were not happy whilst you were a member of the Mr.Price team. We appreciate your feedback it has been recorded and we will be sure to address any area possible. If you would like to further discuss the issues raised please do not hesitate to contact us at people@mrprice.ie.
productive and beneficial
early morning stacking shelves and making sure products are in order for customers. Organisational skills were gained as well as resourcefulness. Dull atmosphere yet great management.
Nightmare of a place to work for
Terrible place to work for management would find anything to pick on staff about! Anything that goes wrong higher management luks to blame someone and never took resonbility! Started as a sales assitant and moved to keyholder for a whole extra 50 cent a hour which is not worth it , as a keyholder you have to go over in the middle of the night if the alarm goes off which i done twice and get no extra money for it! Even though other members of management was closer! The list literally goes on would recommend stayin away from this place at all costs!!! Some stores give their employees discount on all departments but the sligo one changed that because they felt like it. Ran by donkeys
Pros
None at all
Cons
Management, pay, the job itself
Stay away if your wise
Do not work here, staff treated like slaves, horrible managers and head office, hours are bleeding terrible, pay is ridiculous for the work you do. Place is a bleeding mess.
Horrible place to work
I left mr price after 2 weeks, I was employed as goods in manager. There was absolutely no organisation, store room was too small and the company are too cheap to get insurance to instal a lift and use the floor upstairs, as a result 70 pallets were sitting outside the back of the shop everyday, stock was getting wet and destroyed, they had to be left on the shop floor every night and brought outside in the morning which took nearly two hours, what a joke of a place, management also speak to you like you’re a piece of dirt and they walk around with faces like slapped arses, they then wonder why they can’t hold onto staff, absolute joke shop. At the interview you get about 20-30 pages to fill out, there are questions about the condition of your mental health, since when can a business ask questions like that? Don’t go near it.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Early start, 6am
Great Place to Work
Mr Price Branded Bargains is a great place to work with friendly staff and customers. A typical day working in Mr Price would consist of packing shelves with stock, keeping the shop floor clean, serving customers on the tills, keeping till area clean and tidy, showing customers where products they are looking for are kept. Management are friendly and can always approach them about. If you are taking on through SEETEC (Jobseekers) don't expect to be employed for too long. I got my job in Mr Price through SEETEC, I was only there 7 months and they let me go without any explanation and only a couple of days notice.
Pros
10% discount on all stock except food.
Cons
Too many people in charge.
Mr Price
I really enjoyed working as a goods inwards manager at Mr. Price as it helped me develop and contribute towards my skills set in the workplace and in management. Managing a tiny stockroom for the amount of deliveries and for the size of the shop was the most stressful part of it all but nonetheless I managed.
Pros
Clean Safe working enviroment
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Packing out daily from storeroom to the shelves. Serving on tills also and making sure customer service. I learned more about working within a team and working on a schedule. Management was very up and down in the company as i had three different managers and left when there was none at all. The workplace was good and everyone seemed to work well with each other. Hardest part of the job was working om weekends which was always very busy. I most enjoyed working with the team, they were very helpful and friendly to me.
Pros
Good Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lack of security
Productive and fun workplace
Ive learned a lot in this organization, gained new skills, like communicating, working at the tills, dealing with cash and credit transactions, merchandising. Hardest part of the job was the under pressure to complete all the task by the time management. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing co-workers and team working, communicating with customers.
productive
As this was my first job alot of vital skills were gained. I was thrown head first into most tasks which meant i was quick to learn, I was on tills most days.. security .. stocking shelves , all round customer service.
Pros
good management
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Price Branded Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9