Play YouTube video button
Mr Price Branded Bargains

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Review

View all Mr Price Branded Bargains reviews

Left standing for so long that I walked with a limp after my shift.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin30 January 2020
I worked  as temporary Christmas staff in the Blanchardstown location. This job may be fine if you have a decent amount of experience in retail and working on cash registers. But overall I cannot recommend working here.

The pay is low  (€9.80 for 20-year-olds and above) and the hours are fairly long.

There was no proper training provided.
I was more or less thrown in at the deep end. Nothing was properly explained, you just have to learn as you go or learn from other employees. For me this lead to making a lot of mistakes even after working there for a few months. And some managers would be mad if you made a mistake, even though they never bothered to show or tell you how to do things the correct way in the first place.

At the Blanchardstown location I found some of the mangers/assistant managers were not very unapproachable. And somewhat rude; often never saying things like "please" or "thank you." Having to work with them was difficult. They left me with a feeling of dread when working with them.
I understand that their job is hard and stressful but that's not an excuse for poor manners and poor management.

There were no seats behind the tills, which I know is fairly common for retail shops and I know it is not  the mangers fault. However it's something I  wish the owner would look into as staff are left standing for up to 4 to 5 hours, approximately. I literally walk with a slight limp after my shift.
31 January 2020

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Mr. Price. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while working in our Blanchardstown store. We have noted your feedback and have also made the store aware. If you wish to discuss it further please email people@mrprice.ie.

Other Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews

Avoid
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 February 2020
Treated like dirt (even if you’ve worked there long term). Workplace injuries played down or ignored. No clear plan, just a lot of contradicting ones. Stock comes in rusted and covered in black mould, and food comes in out of date.
27 February 2020

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. If you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie

Didn’t get paid
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois20 February 2020
I didn’t like working in mr price as I don’t like working in an inside environment and I didn’t get paid for it. I also felt that it was stressful and fast paced.
Pros
Cons
26 February 2020

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working in Mr.Price. f you wish to discuss any of your review further please email hrsupport@mrprice.ie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Price Branded Bargains. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9