Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Mr Price Branded Bargains selected this as a representative review
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry17 August 2019
Overall a very enjoyable place to work. Each day i was given a number of tasks which i had to have completed by the days end. I feel i learned a lot about the retail industry from my time working in mr price.
Tough on wages
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nenagh, County Tipperary24 May 2019
Enjoyable work however I was employed below minimum wage which really made me suffer throughout the week. Great experience and learned various new skills here. It's a shame about the pay though.
Pros
Enjoyed
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible place to work
Goods Inwards Manager (Former Employee) –  Sligo8 November 2018
I left mr price after 2 weeks, I was employed as goods in manager. There was absolutely no organisation, store room was too small and the company are too cheap to get insurance to instal a lift and use the floor upstairs, as a result 70 pallets were sitting outside the back of the shop everyday, stock was getting wet and destroyed, they had to be left on the shop floor every night and brought outside in the morning which took nearly two hours, what a joke of a place, management also speak to you like you’re a piece of dirt and they walk around with faces like slapped arses, they then wonder why they can’t hold onto staff, absolute joke shop. At the interview you get about 20-30 pages to fill out, there are questions about the condition of your mental health, since when can a business ask questions like that? Don’t go near it.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Early start, 6am
Great Place to Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutgrove, Dublin 141 November 2018
Mr Price Branded Bargains is a great place to work with friendly staff and customers. A typical day working in Mr Price would consist of packing shelves with stock, keeping the shop floor clean, serving customers on the tills, keeping till area clean and tidy, showing customers where products they are looking for are kept. Management are friendly and can always approach them about. If you are taking on through SEETEC (Jobseekers) don't expect to be employed for too long. I got my job in Mr Price through SEETEC, I was only there 7 months and they let me go without any explanation and only a couple of days notice.
Pros
10% discount on all stock except food.
Cons
Too many people in charge.
Mr Price
Goods Inwards Manager (Former Employee) –  Rathdowney, County Laois18 October 2018
I really enjoyed working as a goods inwards manager at Mr. Price as it helped me develop and contribute towards my skills set in the workplace and in management. Managing a tiny stockroom for the amount of deliveries and for the size of the shop was the most stressful part of it all but nonetheless I managed.
Pros
Clean Safe working enviroment
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary16 August 2018
Packing out daily from storeroom to the shelves. Serving on tills also and making sure customer service. I learned more about working within a team and working on a schedule. Management was very up and down in the company as i had three different managers and left when there was none at all. The workplace was good and everyone seemed to work well with each other. Hardest part of the job was working om weekends which was always very busy. I most enjoyed working with the team, they were very helpful and friendly to me.
Pros
Good Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lack of security
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath16 July 2018
Ive learned a lot in this organization, gained new skills, like communicating, working at the tills, dealing with cash and credit transactions, merchandising. Hardest part of the job was the under pressure to complete all the task by the time management. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing co-workers and team working, communicating with customers.
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin5 November 2017
As this was my first job alot of vital skills were gained. I was thrown head first into most tasks which meant i was quick to learn, I was on tills most days.. security .. stocking shelves , all round customer service.
Pros
good management
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath18 October 2017
I learned how to deal with customers, how to advise customers, got an insight and gained knowledge at what working takes and the commitment needed. I enjoyed my time working here.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
this is a great place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford2 October 2017
I really enjoyed working here I was here for 2 weeks on work experience. this job is great for any age over 16 they have very friendly staff that I gotalong with great.
poor
Sales assistant / supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterford, UK16 September 2017
stay clear, poor management, little communication, only payed for hours rostered in for regardless of staying on extra. no advancement opportunities. miserable place to work.
Something Different Every Day.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mayo23 August 2017
Great place to work and if you want to advance in your position the opportunity is there... staff can be treated very poorly and management do need to up skill on training.

Good Breaks, money poor I was a "key holder" there and for the amount off responsibility I had and pressure within this role my money at the end off the week didnt make it satisfying.

They also went thought about 10-15 members off staff in the period in which i worked there.

You must also be very flexible there was times i was expected to travel to other shops and work 10 days in a row...
Pros
1hr 15min for working day break
Cons
long days, poor management.
Balanced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway8 April 2017
A typical 9-5 job. Perfect for people any age and gender. Company needs to focus on their employees and raise their pay. Hence I left. Uniform is not free. Good lunch break time. Great managers and fun staff. Great job to start off with.
Pros
long lunches.
Cons
Bad pay for the huge amount of work that's expected off you.
Busy work environment
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath27 February 2017
I started working in the Ashbourne store of Mr. Price when it opened in October 2016. I really enjoy working at this store and have a great attitude towards my job and colleagues. My only criticism is the lack of hours available.
I have learned alot in the short period of time that the store is open for example merchandising which i find challenging but enjoyable.
Pros
Location and great collegues
Cons
Lack of hours
I have been doing only work exeprience at the time i was working there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 June 2016
I have been doing only work experience at the time i was working there, i love working in retail i enjoyed every minute i was there, All the staff helped each other out,
good experience
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  dublin21 July 2015
i like to work in mr price its was reall team work,till the owners changed,the hardest part of the work was deal with customer complains because first rule is customer always right so you have to make customer happy all the times,sometimes is impossible because in mr price its no refunds so we had some situations which was really hard to make customer happy.
Fast paced working environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown16 June 2015
always jobs that need doing, Team work is a crucial part of working in one of the stores. Overall a nice place to work

Lots of customer interaction and learning to be had.. all staff fully till trained on the EPOS till systems