Mr Price Branded Bargains

Mr Price Branded Bargains Employee Reviews

The Hours In Job Are Terrible, People tell on each other to gain Benefits for themselves but will still smile and talk to you which sounds crazy, Manager Would come in drunk, No management whatsoever Store House is a Mess its Like Trying to find needle in a haystack
Pros
Cons
all of the above
Official response from Mr Price Branded Bargains
29 July 2020
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback has been noted and we will use it as a way to improve. Again thank you for reviewing your experience.
I left mr price after 2 weeks, I was employed as goods in manager. There was absolutely no organisation, store room was too small and the company are too cheap to get insurance to instal a lift and use the floor upstairs, as a result 70 pallets were sitting outside the back of the shop everyday, stock was getting wet and destroyed, they had to be left on the shop floor every night and brought outside in the morning which took nearly two hours, what a joke of a place, management also speak to you like you’re a piece of dirt and they walk around with faces like slapped arses, they then wonder why they can’t hold onto staff, absolute joke shop. At the interview you get about 20-30 pages to fill out, there are questions about the condition of your mental health, since when can a business ask questions like that? Don’t go near it.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Early start, 6am
Mr Price Branded Bargains is a great place to work with friendly staff and customers. A typical day working in Mr Price would consist of packing shelves with stock, keeping the shop floor clean, serving customers on the tills, keeping till area clean and tidy, showing customers where products they are looking for are kept. Management are friendly and can always approach them about. If you are taking on through SEETEC (Jobseekers) don't expect to be employed for too long. I got my job in Mr Price through SEETEC, I was only there 7 months and they let me go without any explanation and only a couple of days notice.
Pros
10% discount on all stock except food.
Cons
Too many people in charge.
I really enjoyed working as a goods inwards manager at Mr. Price as it helped me develop and contribute towards my skills set in the workplace and in management. Managing a tiny stockroom for the amount of deliveries and for the size of the shop was the most stressful part of it all but nonetheless I managed.
Pros
Clean Safe working enviroment
Packing out daily from storeroom to the shelves. Serving on tills also and making sure customer service. I learned more about working within a team and working on a schedule. Management was very up and down in the company as i had three different managers and left when there was none at all. The workplace was good and everyone seemed to work well with each other. Hardest part of the job was working om weekends which was always very busy. I most enjoyed working with the team, they were very helpful and friendly to me.
Pros
Good Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lack of security
Ive learned a lot in this organization, gained new skills, like communicating, working at the tills, dealing with cash and credit transactions, merchandising. Hardest part of the job was the under pressure to complete all the task by the time management. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing co-workers and team working, communicating with customers.
As this was my first job alot of vital skills were gained. I was thrown head first into most tasks which meant i was quick to learn, I was on tills most days.. security .. stocking shelves , all round customer service.
Pros
good management
Cons
I learned how to deal with customers, how to advise customers, got an insight and gained knowledge at what working takes and the commitment needed. I enjoyed my time working here.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
I really enjoyed working here I was here for 2 weeks on work experience. this job is great for any age over 16 they have very friendly staff that I gotalong with great.
stay clear, poor management, little communication, only payed for hours rostered in for regardless of staying on extra. no advancement opportunities. miserable place to work.
Great place to work and if you want to advance in your position the opportunity is there... staff can be treated very poorly and management do need to up skill on training. Good Breaks, money poor I was a "key holder" there and for the amount off responsibility I had and pressure within this role my money at the end off the week didnt make it satisfying. They also went thought about 10-15 members off staff in the period in which i worked there. You must also be very flexible there was times i was expected to travel to other shops and work 10 days in a row...
Pros
1hr 15min for working day break
Cons
long days, poor management.
A typical 9-5 job. Perfect for people any age and gender. Company needs to focus on their employees and raise their pay. Hence I left. Uniform is not free. Good lunch break time. Great managers and fun staff. Great job to start off with.
Pros
long lunches.
Cons
Bad pay for the huge amount of work that's expected off you.
I started working in the Ashbourne store of Mr. Price when it opened in October 2016. I really enjoy working at this store and have a great attitude towards my job and colleagues. My only criticism is the lack of hours available. I have learned alot in the short period of time that the store is open for example merchandising which i find challenging but enjoyable.
Pros
Location and great collegues
Cons
Lack of hours
I have been doing only work experience at the time i was working there, i love working in retail i enjoyed every minute i was there, All the staff helped each other out,
i like to work in mr price its was reall team work,till the owners changed,the hardest part of the work was deal with customer complains because first rule is customer always right so you have to make customer happy all the times,sometimes is impossible because in mr price its no refunds so we had some situations which was really hard to make customer happy.
always jobs that need doing, Team work is a crucial part of working in one of the stores. Overall a nice place to work Lots of customer interaction and learning to be had.. all staff fully till trained on the EPOS till systems