Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews

Ireland111 reviews
In musgraves I enjoyed my time there I think they are a very good employer .you work hard for your wages as in most jobs . I had the pleasure in working with some great people and made good friends over the years. I had about 4/6 shift managers in my time there all very fair in my view .change in top management in my time there I did not like as they were reason for me going thank you
Pros
Pleanty of opportunity to climb the ladder there
Cons
Alot of favouritism if well in the chosen few few
Not good place to work sometimes you overwork for very little pay the place I was in was in Tallaght cookstown not a good spot, My advice to you is to stay there for a short while, while your looking for something elles no longer then 3 months the place is badly paid there staf espcially if your angncey is not a nightmare somethimes.
long hours , long days , over worked, under paid , not respected , bad conditions of work , bad management , no investment in the staff , in-proper training , bad facilities , no benefits
Pros
Cons
nearly everything
Decent days work for decent days pay
Paid training paid breaks

It is hard work but if you are used to work it shouldn't be a shock to you.

I worked there 5 years and you get pay increases yearly.

I was always treated fairly. Great mix of people.
Pros
Good pay for warehouse work, stable hours, loads of overtime.
Cons
Open 24/7
We were using bogeys and pick pallets and place products at righ store. Menagers were ok and fair and because of work culture i advance my knowledge of english.
Hardest part was cold (5 decreese or less all day).

Most enjoyable part was hanging with rest of collegaues.
Hardworking environment with loads of different people and characters.
Possibilities of improving skills with many different trainings such as forklift

training, long lagger training, short lagger training and so on.
General good place to work short term, no advancements in career, staff are friendly, senior management are ok but no always helpful if u have to have a talk with especially if it's personal issues.
management are not nice so unhelpful just look out for themselves hard work lifting heavy boxes with no help not easy for elder employees doesnt seem to keep staff
This shop is all over the place, high rate of staff turnover and management changes frequently. It is hard to adjust to this and your opinions or problems are never listened to. The pay is good and the staff are all very nice and friendly.
You work terribly hard for 10 hours a day for Penny's, and then after you brake your back for these criminals they get their little line managers to tell their staff that they are not doing enough. They humiliate you inside the warehouse and also try to manipulate you into downloading WhatsApp so they can boss you around and bully you on your days off. Simple no respect for the staff.
if one wants to achive company high standards it needs a lot of energy,mentaly and physically.managment is also average,just wants numbers to be achived.safety is overall ok but needs significant improvement
Worst place ever, run from there, it's a work camp. Modern slavery. You don't want to stay there more than few months. Very bad, bad bad bad. They should close that place.
To cut a long story short the place is an absolute joke. Slave drivers of managers who are the most useless human beings on this planet. Work for 10.46 an hour. Work like an Olympic donkey to get your full bonus at the end of the week. Work every Sunday morning at 6am or 7am. Watch the managers buddy boys on the same contract as you pick the same pallet for 2 hours while your after picking 10 pallets of apples. The full-time workers are hilarious. Stay away 😂
Rude management terrible to work with
Staff nice enough

Managers in ballymun shop absolute horrible to work with

Keep putting you on different jobs when you were just getting used to one area they moved you

Then after the 6 weeks review they tell you your not working well as part of a team !!!!
I joined in early summer hoping it would be a great job. I soon realised that it isn't and I didn t receive my training within the time period and was made work on the floor before I was trained. The management are useless and they don't care about the floor staff. The only good thing about it is that it's good for a cv and the subsidised dinners
Heavy work pays too little.
Contempt of employees by line managers and depot managers.

All trainings are equally paid and the obligations towards work are higher
The management is great and the job is easy enough to do. But low pay. It's very hard for others to progress at this place. It's flexible for students like myself.
Great management, leadership.
Great staff, always helpful in day to day challenges with great knowledge of thier job. Highly recommended place to work.
I love working with people.It's so challenging every single day.Musgrave is ideal company for people who love dynamics and movement.Managment is filled with experts and people who love their job.It's good to feel safe in leadership of professionals.
Nothing good to say.SERIOUSLY.the canteen is good with subsidised dinners and the canteen staff are very nice but that would be all i have to say thats giod about this so called family orientated family business
I worked there in Kilcock for a year on the night shift. Was getting paid 9.50 an hour at the time. It was back breaking work. The pick rate was unrealistic. Accidents were quite common in there as people are racing around in there trying to hit the pick rate. Had alot of issues with the agency. They were rude and ignorant to deal with. Alot of rats in there who would report people for minor things just so they could climb up the ladder. You'd be paid flat rate for working the weekends. You‘d have team leaders walking around the warehouse making sure nobody is talking making it feel like a prison so moral in there is very low. The high turnover of staff is an indicator of how poor of a job this is. All in all its a terrible job and not good for your mental health. Its time the health and safety authority’s investigated this company and other warehouses like it. Its not good enough in this day and age.