Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews

We were using bogeys and pick pallets and place products at righ store. Menagers were ok and fair and because of work culture i advance my knowledge of english.
Hardest part was cold (5 decreese or less all day).

Most enjoyable part was hanging with rest of collegaues.
long hours , long days , over worked, under paid , not respected , bad conditions of work , bad management , no investment in the staff , in-proper training , bad facilities , no benefits
Pros
Cons
nearly everything
Decent days work for decent days pay
Paid training paid breaks

It is hard work but if you are used to work it shouldn't be a shock to you.

I worked there 5 years and you get pay increases yearly.

I was always treated fairly. Great mix of people.
Pros
Good pay for warehouse work, stable hours, loads of overtime.
Cons
Open 24/7
Musgrave is not a good employer.
Dungiven store is horrible , treat you like dirt on your shoe!!!! Stay clear, deli food is disgusting, out of date! Horrible management, DO NOT WORK HERE OTHERWISE YOU WILL END UP WITH POOR MENTAL HEALTH
A relaxed and friendly workplace and I made many friends. Access-wise, it's fairly central and easy to commute to, with on-site parking and a great staff restaurant!
Hardworking environment with loads of different people and characters.
Possibilities of improving skills with many different trainings such as forklift

training, long lagger training, short lagger training and so on.
General good place to work short term, no advancements in career, staff are friendly, senior management are ok but no always helpful if u have to have a talk with especially if it's personal issues.
management are not nice so unhelpful just look out for themselves hard work lifting heavy boxes with no help not easy for elder employees doesnt seem to keep staff
This shop is all over the place, high rate of staff turnover and management changes frequently. It is hard to adjust to this and your opinions or problems are never listened to. The pay is good and the staff are all very nice and friendly.
The environment is odd, supervisors/ managers are mostly long serving with no proper qualifications. Some of the language used by the same is disgraceful. HR is a basket case, the revolving door of staff leads to customers constantly complaining about mistakes in orders, overcharging and poor communication. Doesn’t make sense. It’s been my experience that some customers only stay with them as there is no alternative. I should have known something was not proper when the job is always advertised. Save time and wait for the job worth waiting for. They are out there.
Pros
Nice staff and customers.
Cons
“Management”
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Musgrave?
You work terribly hard for 10 hours a day for Penny's, and then after you brake your back for these criminals they get their little line managers to tell their staff that they are not doing enough. They humiliate you inside the warehouse and also try to manipulate you into downloading WhatsApp so they can boss you around and bully you on your days off. Simple no respect for the staff.
A lot of walking about doing nothing. The wage itself is a disgrace. Most jobs are done by mid afternoon and your told to walk about and fix shelves... Its so tedious and the day drags in. Too many people in on shifts were they are not needed.
Sales assistants get on like managers because they have been their for years and think they are better than you. The managers themselves are nice people however it seems if the people that have worked their longer just complain and moan they get their way.
if one wants to achive company high standards it needs a lot of energy,mentaly and physically.managment is also average,just wants numbers to be achived.safety is overall ok but needs significant improvement
Worst place ever, run from there, it's a work camp. Modern slavery. You don't want to stay there more than few months. Very bad, bad bad bad. They should close that place.
Started of great then stress central, then good then the worst. I've worked for some rubbish in my time but this was probably the worst! They harp on about their values but don't live by them, often rewarding the wrong people and punishing the good. The senior management team, you could count on 1 hand how many are decent, the rest, no business acumen, no man management skills, only interested in self progression and will walk over anyone to get to the top without a care in the world about the other person's circumstances. Speak your mind colleagues, we want you to do we can listen and make changes; yep you guessed it, those changes are you out the door!!! Highlight concerns to HR, yea if your face doesn't fit they don't care, as someone else said, HR& accountant run and very very wrongly at that!! If you value your sanity stay well clear.
Clueless company
Pros
Good craic on the warehouse floor
Cons
Musgrave
To cut a long story short the place is an absolute joke. Slave drivers of managers who are the most useless human beings on this planet. Work for 10.46 an hour. Work like an Olympic donkey to get your full bonus at the end of the week. Work every Sunday morning at 6am or 7am. Watch the managers buddy boys on the same contract as you pick the same pallet for 2 hours while your after picking 10 pallets of apples. The full-time workers are hilarious. Stay away 😂
Rude management terrible to work with
Staff nice enough

Managers in ballymun shop absolute horrible to work with

Keep putting you on different jobs when you were just getting used to one area they moved you

Then after the 6 weeks review they tell you your not working well as part of a team !!!!
I joined in early summer hoping it would be a great job. I soon realised that it isn't and I didn t receive my training within the time period and was made work on the floor before I was trained. The management are useless and they don't care about the floor staff. The only good thing about it is that it's good for a cv and the subsidised dinners
Heavy work pays too little.
Contempt of employees by line managers and depot managers.

All trainings are equally paid and the obligations towards work are higher
The management is great and the job is easy enough to do. But low pay. It's very hard for others to progress at this place. It's flexible for students like myself.
Great management, leadership.
Great staff, always helpful in day to day challenges with great knowledge of thier job. Highly recommended place to work.