Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews in Cork

Great People, Ok place to work
There can be a lot of pressure in this company given that it's a busy retail environment. The pay is only ok but it's really the people that make it a good place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Long Hours.
Stay away for your own sanity
To cut a long story short the place is an absolute joke. Slave drivers of managers who are the most useless human beings on this planet. Work for 10.46 an hour. Work like an Olympic donkey to get your full bonus at the end of the week. Work every Sunday morning at 6am or 7am. Watch the managers buddy boys on the same contract as you pick the same pallet for 2 hours while your after picking 10 pallets of apples. The full-time workers are hilarious. Stay away 😂
Depression central
If you work here your guaranteed depression, they’d rather fly in Croatians then pay Irish people a decent wage, the union is run by a load of old clowns who only look after themselves, it’s made very clear to you your just another number in there and can be easily replaced. Don’t do it to yourself. Hopefully the place goes bust they deserve it. Scraping poo stains off the jax would be a better job.
Placement
Attended during my six month college placement. I found it very helpful and I learnt alot. I had the opportunity to work on many different projects during my time
work
it was fine overall just a lack of job security and very repetive after time. roation of shifts wasn't very regular. wages were ok and people were fine to work with
Not the best environment
Where to start

3/4 different types of contract in there

Sundays are part of your working week for Flat rate

You will work hard for your wages in here with so many managers and so many old contract lads doing what they want
Pros
warm fleece
Cons
6am starts on Sundays!!!!!
If you aint in the click, its bully time
The only people who get advanced in this company are people who stick their heads up the managements prevervials and keep the companies secrets which is basically publish the company policies and dont obide by them.
To stay in the company, you need to be a sheep and what ever you do, dont ask questions, that will get you forced out the door. Also you need to be in one of the many clicks in there. If not you will be bullied.

Pay rises if you get them are 5% max. Bonuses are dependant on if you are in favor with the direct management, if not they will find any excuse to knock you down.

Generally the staff have more knowledge and experience than the managers hence the reason why there are poor decisions which resulted in the loss of the UK business.

Do yourselves a favour and stay away, this company is a rotting corpse, rotten from the inside out.
Pros
Cons
everything
They just can't keep the staff
The management are so bad that the staff have enough. It a revolving door at Musgrave. Getting paid 10.65 while people who do the same job as you getting 27 euro per hour. Getting text at 3.30 every day to tell you what you working the next day. The can't keep the staff so now the management are fly Croatians over to work here. They pay for their flights and accommodation and give them jobs. Yet they treat there own staff like crazy.
Pros
Cons
Work every Sunday
Musgrave is one bad bad company
What can I say about this company. Employees are treated with no respect. Manager treat you like a dog. It's a joke. Better of on the dole. Manager just complain and staff are same. You be depressed of your head from this place.
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Working here
What a joke of a company
I currently work in tramore road in the chill warehouse. This place is one joke of a company. Most of the night Line managers would spend the night in the office, most often asleep. When they get the strengh to get up they treat your like a child. Getting paid 10.65 an hour while people who also do the same job get paid 27 euro an hour. You be better off working in a sweat shop. It would be more fun
Pros
Getting sacked or suspended with full pay
Cons
The management and staff
Stay away
It is a slave driving place only care is money no respect for workers stay far away as possible it is like a concentration camp hours there are terrible and work every sunday
Pros
Getting sacked
Tramore road
Avoid at all costs .. worked here for 2 years and can say there isn't any job in this city that is worse .. ul get 10.70 per hour and guy who's picking same as you is on 27 euro an hour because he's there longer plus ul have to pick it quicker than him to get full bonus .. if u get 15 mins to pick milk ud need to do it in about 12 mins .. while guy who's there longer gets about 16 mins .... it's a merry go round in there now ... if they employ 10 new guys and 3 stay it's a miracle ... never know when ur starting or finishing work and expected to work 46 Sundays a year .... avoid at all costs ... a horrible toxic environment
Pros
None ..it's a kip
Cons
Pay .. hours worked .. Sundays ... list is endless
Kip
This place is a kip. The managers make you feel like a child . Its impossible to even get one day off in a quiet period of the year while working 50 hour weeks and not getting the right wages for such a physically demanding job. When you go home you dont have any family time and the depression kicks in along with your feeling of emptyness.
Pros
Being told to go home
Cons
Being here
You work hard to earn your salary.
Most days were spent visiting customers and introducing new products, sectors and ensuring that they had no issues outstanding. Cold calling is an essential part of the role of BDM.
In my 15 years with Musgrave I had 5 sales managers. There are many managers within the company and a lot of "Red Tape" before a suggestion is accepted or rejected.

You are left to your own device in the company.

The hardest part is working at home at night and weekends.

The most enjoyable part is meeting with customers and knowing they are happy and satisfied with you, as you are the face of the company.
Cons
Long Hours including weekends. Too many positions located in Dublin.
No work life balance
Lack of communication between head office and stores =. mixed messages given. High expectations from staff but not much co operation from the higher level management
Busy Workplace
Management were very friendly and helpful. The workplace was very active as there was always tasks to be completed. I enjoyed coming to work as it was always a positive atmosphere.
Career Builder
During my 17 near years at Musgrave Retail Partners, I found it was a very valuable experience in my ongoing career and enhancing my skill set further.
Pros
Recognition and teamwork
Cons
12 hour shifts
produvtive
Through working with personnel that have worked there for years I gained knowledge and new experiences to help me in future positions, and was then able to pass on this knowledge to newer members of staff on their arrival to the company. Made a lot of life long friends.
Poor paying and poor direction
The more you do the more is asked of you.
Poor management of poor performers.

Pay is exceptionally poor for the lower grades,never an issue if you are "Upper Management".
Pros
Mon-Fri work maimly
Cons
Poorly paid
Great experience meeting various retailers throughout the country. Productive interaction with company Directors and Project Managers.
Musgrave was a very enjoyable working environment. It is a great area to learn and develop knowledge of how the retail sector operates. Management and co-workers were extremely obliging and a pleasure to work with. I gained vital PR experience and confidence to boost my career.
Pros
PR experience development. Expenses and mileage.
Cons
Extra long hours if specific work needs to be completed, but this is overshadowed by the perks of the job and is expected in every working environment.
Very exciting, dynamic and fast paced environment. Thoroughly enjoyed my time in this position. The role was based on a large workload and was deadline focused. This has helped me greatly in building a professional skill set which has given me the confidence in adjusting to any other roles.