Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin25 reviews
Musgraves
At musgraves when i did my work experince the first day I arrived half hour early I met a guy in the lounge who had just finished his work experience the day before he told me he was there to collect a resume from them so he could update his CV ... A woman came out to him after an hour wait and told he would have to come back next week ill never forget hoow roude she was they used and exployted him .
Pros
Good for CV
Cons
You learn notting
Better organised places to work.
The environment is odd, supervisors/ managers are mostly long serving with no proper qualifications. Some of the language used by the same is disgraceful. HR is a basket case, the revolving door of staff leads to customers constantly complaining about mistakes in orders, overcharging and poor communication. Doesn’t make sense. It’s been my experience that some customers only stay with them as there is no alternative. I should have known something was not proper when the job is always advertised. Save time and wait for the job worth waiting for. They are out there.
Pros
Nice staff and customers.
Cons
“Management”
Staff very nice but management were terrible
Rude management terrible to work with
Staff nice enough

Managers in ballymun shop absolute horrible to work with

Keep putting you on different jobs when you were just getting used to one area they moved you

Then after the 6 weeks review they tell you your not working well as part of a team !!!!
Not worth it
I joined in early summer hoping it would be a great job. I soon realised that it isn't and I didn t receive my training within the time period and was made work on the floor before I was trained. The management are useless and they don't care about the floor staff. The only good thing about it is that it's good for a cv and the subsidised dinners
Great management, leadership.
Great staff, always helpful in day to day challenges with great knowledge of thier job. Highly recommended place to work.
Run, run
Three different contract's for the same job. One's that are payed less are expected to work harder. If you want to be treated as an animal, than go ahead.
Poor operation
Business is so badly organised and ran that its frustrating and highly inefficient. Senior management are incompetent and their bosses have their heads so far in the clouds they've lost touch with what's happening. They hire people that have limited experience and don't know what they are doing. It could be a great place to work but they dont reward their people so their people get fed up and lose interestor just leave. They work people to the bone and still expect great results.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Incompetent management that don't listen
Hard work (Fonthill)
I disliked working at the company, because there was no normal work schedule.You stay on waiting list every day.......................................
Pros
No long hours
Cons
Job just on waiting list. No real work schedule. It is changes every day.
Managers are the worst
Stay away if you know what's good for you management are the worst and employees don't want to be there. STAY AWAY AND KEEP YOUR SANITY this place is the worst in the world to work at I am glad to be gone out of it PURE KIP.
Cons
A fast paced enviroment where you work hard
Musgrave is a company where if you work hard you will be given the opportunity to advance and it has a good training and eduacational policy.

The hours are good- not always Mon to Fri, Saturdays are shared on a rota basis with two Sundays a year at Christmas.

There is late night working and this also is on a rota basis which is shared fairly. Newer employees do more late evening shifts with this changing for them as more employees are employed at different seasonal times.

As with all companys of this nature the employees with greater length of service have the best hours. This is not always fair as they are not neccessarily the hardest working.
Pros
Employee discount, Shares, Pension, Christmas bonus, hours.
Cons
Long term colleagues moaning constantly
Productive workplace
Musgrave Fonthill Warehouse is very busy place to work. Good bous pay and shift allowance. They taking care of health and safety at work and following the rules of roster given to the workers. Plus is extra shift working hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
It was a fun place to work and very friendly people
Musgrave market place blanch was a very challenging place fun to work and I personally like challenges so I saw it as a well organized company the people were friendly with lots of recreational activities set in place for the workers
Pros
Recreation
Cons
Overtime
Great Place
Enjoyed my time working at Musgraves friendly staff and a good place to work.Various shifts available and occassional weekend working required which is the norm in this arena.
Productive workplace
Hours differed daily which had its benefits but the lack of stability/rostered hours became somewhat tedious.
Day-to-day assisted in customer queries, ensured products were restocked, checked orders were correct upon arrival and reordered stock daily.

I learned to be more focused on ensuring that customers are gratified with the service and if not reordering their products or finding out if another branch had the product in question. Also learned to up sell products.

Management was amicable and approachable, the lack of feeling of hierarchy made for a smooth running workplace.

The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.

The hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was assisted when needed and time management in that case as was quite busy but overall I'd deem myself as a key employee.
Empresa con buen ambiente de trabajo
Aprendí diversos aspectos de producción y manejo de control de estadistica y calidad de alimentos. la cultura laboral fue muy buena experiencia el poder trabajar con brasileños, chinos e irlandeses. siendo que el dueño y Manager General es Irlandes.
La parte mas dificil fue en su momento el trabajo en equipo habiendo una mezcla intercultural pero al final pudimos acoplarnos al estilo de todos.

Lo que mas me gusto fue el poder trabajar con el equipo de trabajo que tuve
Working in a fast pace environment on your own initiative, picking orders to a high standard. Hitting certain targets and maintaining a high standard.
Pros
Coffee machine onsite.
Cons
I live in Dundalk but have to drive to Dublin
Challenging internal politics
While Musgrave work hard to look after their staff, inter-departmental communications make things difficult. Overall nice work environment with friendly staff and good facilities.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Disorganised management
Supportive business to work for
Having completed a 5 month internship in operations and trading I had the privilege of working with a fantastic group of people all of which were willing to help me gain experience and improve my skills,
Pros
Great work culture
picking the hardest part
I have worked with many kinds of people and I found it easy to communicate and co-operate with them. I am very familiar with working to tight deadlines in my previous roles that was a key demand.
bad work place
Unorganized. Only statistic are important, not workers. If you have stats you are good worker, if no you are not. If you see something broken or that is not made correct and you fix or report you will lose time and managers will pressure you about your stats. And stats are unrealistic, nobody can achieve them if he follows health and safety procedure. It is very sad place to work and going there is painful for mental health.
Pros
it pays
Cons
bad managers, bad working atmosphere, workers are just numbers
Easy going and nice to work for. There was a good team and we worked well together
I found them to be an excellent company to work for who were completely focused on their customers and how they were looked after by the Sales Team
Pros
subsidized canteen
Cons
None.