Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews in Kilcock, County Kildare

Kilcock, County Kildare21 reviews
Hardworking environment with loads of different people and characters.
Possibilities of improving skills with many different trainings such as forklift

training, long lagger training, short lagger training and so on.
Decent days work for decent days pay
Paid training paid breaks

It is hard work but if you are used to work it shouldn't be a shock to you.

I worked there 5 years and you get pay increases yearly.

I was always treated fairly. Great mix of people.
Pros
Good pay for warehouse work, stable hours, loads of overtime.
Cons
Open 24/7
Heavy work pays too little.
Contempt of employees by line managers and depot managers.

All trainings are equally paid and the obligations towards work are higher
I love working with people.It's so challenging every single day.Musgrave is ideal company for people who love dynamics and movement.Managment is filled with experts and people who love their job.It's good to feel safe in leadership of professionals.
I worked there in Kilcock for a year on the night shift. Was getting paid 9.50 an hour at the time. It was back breaking work. The pick rate was unrealistic. Accidents were quite common in there as people are racing around in there trying to hit the pick rate. Had alot of issues with the agency. They were rude and ignorant to deal with. Alot of rats in there who would report people for minor things just so they could climb up the ladder. You'd be paid flat rate for working the weekends. You‘d have team leaders walking around the warehouse making sure nobody is talking making it feel like a prison so moral in there is very low. The high turnover of staff is an indicator of how poor of a job this is. All in all its a terrible job and not good for your mental health. Its time the health and safety authority’s investigated this company and other warehouses like it. Its not good enough in this day and age.
Management lying constantly. Cheating on Staff, their assignments time. Not a hope for anything else but picking. Discrimination towards new staff and giving favours to The old staff. No respect for staff at all.
Pros
Cons
Endless.
I used to be a Voice Picker in Kilcock and it was an awful job. They expect too much from there employes too early on. The BSI targets are not possible at the start. I was slow at picking and one evening shift i was called into Dispatch and a very rude line manager told me i was holding everything up and holding the company back. Fellow co workers said the same i worked with the agency and they were awful aswell. Wasnt getting payed my proper wages. Over all my time in Musgrave was awful and ill never work there again. I can see now why no one wants to work there.
Pros
The lunches
Cons
Everything else
Worst place I have ever worked. I have worked on sites for years which usually is not easy place to work but this places tops it by a country mile for everything bad, from been very unsafe place to work to you been treated like pure dirt by management. Middle management (line managers etc) are just on an ego trip, want to show power over you. Want people in before shift begins but if take an extra minute for a break you are called up over this. You are on the clock nearly the whole time and to meet time targets are not realistic. Kilcock has toxic environment. Stay well away from this place. Company that keeps showin family values they hav no values towards there own employees.
Pros
Working in, goods in
Cons
To many to list
BSI killing all motivation to work.
menagment dont care about employees , just about numbers of efectivenes

They need to learn a rule. WHEN YOUR EMPLOYEE ARE SATISFIED , THEY START TO CARE ABOUT BUISNESS MORE THAN YOU.
The company is using people. Managers and everyone who is higher in the position treat regular employees like nothing. Worst company ever in my life..
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Musgrave?
Musgrave have Too much orders and is very hard work working saturday/sunday as normal day payment is Too low last 3y did not change at all but I like that company for the experience I have in that place and trainings
Pros
Free coffy
Cons
Working saturday/sunday
I was a picker and my BSI was above standard after a few months, Its a brainless job and most of the staff are really friendly and helpful but there is a lot of rats working there ready to report you for honest mistakes and minor mistakes,trying to promote themselves at your cost, so be wary, Your just a number to them so don't go the extra mile cause they wont,
Pros
Not having to deal with management most of the time
Cons
The job can be very repetitive
It was good experience. I'm foreigner in Ireland and that company first give me a job opportunitie. Job atmosphere was good. Line menagers are helpful and patient
I worked for Musgrave at their distribution centre in kilcock for over four years, for anyone thinking of applying for a job in that place i would strongly advise against it if your want to keep your sanity.
Timed performance targets (bsi) are completely unfair and unachievable if you are to work in a safe maner,

Health and safety is a joke and managers from top to bottom are extremely disrespectful and ignorant.
Pros
Subsidised canteen / pool tables / sky tv
Cons
Health and safety/ ignorant managers / unrealistic time targets
Time constraints can feel too short and with everyone under the same time limits the work place can feel hostile at times. the pay is decent with a full canteen to get lunch and dinner in and reduced price vending machine were some benefits
Respectful environment, reasonable wage, a lotto effort expected but training are provided on regular basis so you won't be left behind. Great managers, and lead hands. Very clean and meticulously organized
You would start your day off grabbing a long legger from the long legger bay when you walk into the warehouse, and go to despatch to get your voice headset to start picking. I learned that to be a good member of any team in a warehouse you have to be fast paced and concentrated on the task at hand. The people in musgraves were friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was keeping your Bsi up that's very tricky but you get the hang of it pretty quickly it just takes time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that after your shift everyday you always put 100% effort in and are satisfied with your effort.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Good working place with very good managment, hard job and small salery are problem. Good learning sheme for new workers.
Pros
good team
Cons
small salery
this job involves target setting and daily and weekly goals coordinating with management using equipment and working as part of a team experience of the logistics envoirment
Pros
gained experience in voice order picking
Cons
not enough incentive to remain on long term
Just a job. Unrealistic time schedule. Unrealistic BSI. Targets are without of reason, There are really few opportunities. Advancement is non existant.
work in this warehouse was good enough, its a fast paced enviroment, i learned to work on my own, meet the deadlines. Co-workers is always there for help, friendly managment - that is two things that makes this company a good place to work.
Pros
pool table, cheap meals, free internet.
Cons
short brakes