Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews in Limerick

Limerick2 reviews
Fast paced, interesting and rewarding job.
My typical day at work involved receiving frozen and chilled deliveries in the morning. Also required were daily date checks, ensuring that all health and safety regulations were complied with, making sure all shelves were fully merchandised, pushing sales to ensure a healthy margin and minimize waste. Last but not least dealing with any and all customer issues where relevant to myself and my section.

A fast paced, target orientated work environment.

Customer service and building good relationships with customers is hugely important.

Hardest part of job is that it can be physically exerting.

Most enjoyable part was the good natured relationships between and among both staff and customers.

Management were friendly, professional and engaged with staff at all times.
Pros
Staff discount and early awareness of good value offers.
Cons
Cold temperatures, however not a major issue.
Fun but self-esteem destroying
When I started at the limerick branch I was optimistic about my job and that I was in safe hands as long as I did what was required. I then began to realise that I had to find out myself how to do certain tasks because of little training. People that have been there 20+ years looked drained and complain to the younger guys telling them they should get out of here which will have a huge negative effect on you.

The management just focus on meeting targets in the budget so that they gain in the form of bonuses even though the other staff suffer immensely and do the work of two people for minimum wage. For weeks and up to recently wages are not paid correctly. Did not recieve the correct holiday leave as I "owed them hours" whatever that means. Gradually lost my trust with the company. Worked there 3 years and still part-time with hours going down to 12 some weeks.

If you want a good career and a happy life DO NOT work for this company, unless you want physical health problems as well as self esteem problems. Other than that i got on well with most of my co-workers.
Pros
Management and Directors have nice cars.
Cons
Over worked. Really low pay.