Musgrave

Musgrave Employee Reviews for Associate General Counsel

Associate General Counsel9 reviews
Ireland9 reviews
General good place to work short term, no advancements in career, staff are friendly, senior management are ok but no always helpful if u have to have a talk with especially if it's personal issues.
management are not nice so unhelpful just look out for themselves hard work lifting heavy boxes with no help not easy for elder employees doesnt seem to keep staff
Worst place ever, run from there, it's a work camp. Modern slavery. You don't want to stay there more than few months. Very bad, bad bad bad. They should close that place.
To cut a long story short the place is an absolute joke. Slave drivers of managers who are the most useless human beings on this planet. Work for 10.46 an hour. Work like an Olympic donkey to get your full bonus at the end of the week. Work every Sunday morning at 6am or 7am. Watch the managers buddy boys on the same contract as you pick the same pallet for 2 hours while your after picking 10 pallets of apples. The full-time workers are hilarious. Stay away 😂
I disliked working at the company, because there was no normal work schedule.You stay on waiting list every day.......................................
Pros
No long hours
Cons
Job just on waiting list. No real work schedule. It is changes every day.
Every day is pretty much the same. I was a general operative so would be either stacking shelves with goods or picking orders in cages for customers to have them delivered by truck. They work by the book which is good, there are no grey areas regarding protocol or rules so it's an easy job to carry out. Most of the time the fellow employees are fairly upbeat (the usual complaining about the job comes up but we knew it was more in a joking capacity). It was a messy job in the sense you'd be covered in all sorts of dust and dirt from working in the warehouse but this comes with the job. Customers are very respectful in 99% of cases because they're business customers. Management was mostly efficient. Supervisor had a habit of speaking about staff behind their backs and shouldn't have been there by any means but didn't affect the working day most of the time. No prospects of moving up the ladder really but wages did go up after a certain duration in their employment.
Pros
Just go in a do the job effectively and you'll be left alone
Cons
Supervisory & management had some unrealistic expectations when it came to certain targets.
When I started at the limerick branch I was optimistic about my job and that I was in safe hands as long as I did what was required. I then began to realise that I had to find out myself how to do certain tasks because of little training. People that have been there 20+ years looked drained and complain to the younger guys telling them they should get out of here which will have a huge negative effect on you.

The management just focus on meeting targets in the budget so that they gain in the form of bonuses even though the other staff suffer immensely and do the work of two people for minimum wage. For weeks and up to recently wages are not paid correctly. Did not recieve the correct holiday leave as I "owed them hours" whatever that means. Gradually lost my trust with the company. Worked there 3 years and still part-time with hours going down to 12 some weeks.

If you want a good career and a happy life DO NOT work for this company, unless you want physical health problems as well as self esteem problems. Other than that i got on well with most of my co-workers.
Pros
Management and Directors have nice cars.
Cons
Over worked. Really low pay.
Worst place I have ever worked. I have worked on sites for years which usually is not easy place to work but this places tops it by a country mile for everything bad, from been very unsafe place to work to you been treated like pure dirt by management. Middle management (line managers etc) are just on an ego trip, want to show power over you. Want people in before shift begins but if take an extra minute for a break you are called up over this. You are on the clock nearly the whole time and to meet time targets are not realistic. Kilcock has toxic environment. Stay well away from this place. Company that keeps showin family values they hav no values towards there own employees.
Pros
Working in, goods in
Cons
To many to list
Left in relation to being treated badly by management. On a number of occasions when I was told I was working a 10 hour shift, the team was made by management to stay for the 12 hours if you weren’t to do so they had a bad attitude towards you and spoke to staff in a rude manner.
Pros
Free soup.
Cons
Management were rude and didn’t care about staff.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Musgrave?