Musgrave Management reviews

Transport Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 November 2019
Great management, leadership.
Great staff, always helpful in day to day challenges with great knowledge of thier job. Highly recommended place to work.
Stay away from this place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kilcock21 October 2019
I worked there in Kilcock for a year on the night shift. Was getting paid 9.50 an hour at the time. It was back breaking work. The pick rate was unrealistic. Accidents were quite common in there as people are racing around in there trying to hit the pick rate. Had alot of issues with the agency. They were rude and ignorant to deal with. Alot of rats in there who would report people for minor things just so they could climb up the ladder. You'd be paid flat rate for working the weekends. You‘d have team leaders walking around the warehouse making sure nobody is talking making it feel like a prison so moral in there is very low. The high turnover of staff is an indicator of how poor of a job this is. All in all its a terrible job and not good for your mental health. Its time the health and safety authority’s investigated this company and other warehouses like it. Its not good enough in this day and age.
Over worked, never get paid for overtime Told you cant take holidays wen you want Adding extra work every day even tho you have way too much as is
Delivery Driver Rigid Truck (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin24 September 2019
Over worked,
never get paid for overtime
Told you cant take holidays wen you want
Adding extra work every day even tho you have way too much as is
Management is brutal paid to jus be lazy and just pass there problems on to drivers,
Give you promises that never come through
Depression central
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Tramore road, cork city12 August 2019
If you work here your guaranteed depression, they’d rather fly in Croatians then pay Irish people a decent wage, the union is run by a load of old clowns who only look after themselves, it’s made very clear to you your just another number in there and can be easily replaced. Don’t do it to yourself. Hopefully the place goes bust they deserve it. Scraping poo stains off the jax would be a better job.
Worst place to work it's a work camp !
Voice Picker (Current Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare10 August 2019
Management lying constantly. Cheating on Staff, their assignments time. Not a hope for anything else but picking. Discrimination towards new staff and giving favours to The old staff. No respect for staff at all.
Pros
Cons
Endless.
Poor operation
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 July 2019
Business is so badly organised and ran that its frustrating and highly inefficient. Senior management are incompetent and their bosses have their heads so far in the clouds they've lost touch with what's happening. They hire people that have limited experience and don't know what they are doing. It could be a great place to work but they dont reward their people so their people get fed up and lose interestor just leave. They work people to the bone and still expect great results.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Incompetent management that don't listen
Educational and fun
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Robinhood, Clondalkin Dublin2227 June 2019
A good place to work, the management was very good to me while I was there. The hardest part would have been the deadlines but they were manageable. The enjoyable part was the benefits.
It's like working with your family at a fairly positive job.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Waterford30 April 2019
Every day is pretty much the same. I was a general operative so would be either stacking shelves with goods or picking orders in cages for customers to have them delivered by truck. They work by the book which is good, there are no grey areas regarding protocol or rules so it's an easy job to carry out. Most of the time the fellow employees are fairly upbeat (the usual complaining about the job comes up but we knew it was more in a joking capacity). It was a messy job in the sense you'd be covered in all sorts of dust and dirt from working in the warehouse but this comes with the job. Customers are very respectful in 99% of cases because they're business customers. Management was mostly efficient. Supervisor had a habit of speaking about staff behind their backs and shouldn't have been there by any means but didn't affect the working day most of the time. No prospects of moving up the ladder really but wages did go up after a certain duration in their employment.
Pros
Just go in a do the job effectively and you'll be left alone
Cons
Supervisory & management had some unrealistic expectations when it came to certain targets.
Managers are the worst
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Dublin fonthill13 March 2019
Stay away if you know what's good for you management are the worst and employees don't want to be there. STAY AWAY AND KEEP YOUR SANITY this place is the worst in the world to work at I am glad to be gone out of it PURE KIP.
Fun but self-esteem destroying
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Limerick9 November 2018
When I started at the limerick branch I was optimistic about my job and that I was in safe hands as long as I did what was required. I then began to realise that I had to find out myself how to do certain tasks because of little training. People that have been there 20+ years looked drained and complain to the younger guys telling them they should get out of here which will have a huge negative effect on you.

The management just focus on meeting targets in the budget so that they gain in the form of bonuses even though the other staff suffer immensely and do the work of two people for minimum wage. For weeks and up to recently wages are not paid correctly. Did not recieve the correct holiday leave as I "owed them hours" whatever that means. Gradually lost my trust with the company. Worked there 3 years and still part-time with hours going down to 12 some weeks.

If you want a good career and a happy life DO NOT work for this company, unless you want physical health problems as well as self esteem problems. Other than that i got on well with most of my co-workers.
Pros
Management and Directors have nice cars.
Cons
Over worked. Really low pay.
If you aint in the click, its bully time
Annonymous (Former Employee) –  Cork24 October 2018
The only people who get advanced in this company are people who stick their heads up the managements prevervials and keep the companies secrets which is basically publish the company policies and dont obide by them.
To stay in the company, you need to be a sheep and what ever you do, dont ask questions, that will get you forced out the door. Also you need to be in one of the many clicks in there. If not you will be bullied.
Pay rises if you get them are 5% max. Bonuses are dependant on if you are in favor with the direct management, if not they will find any excuse to knock you down.
Generally the staff have more knowledge and experience than the managers hence the reason why there are poor decisions which resulted in the loss of the UK business.
Do yourselves a favour and stay away, this company is a rotting corpse, rotten from the inside out.
Pros
Cons
everything
They just can't keep the staff
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tramore road cork23 September 2018
The management are so bad that the staff have enough. It a revolving door at Musgrave. Getting paid 10.65 while people who do the same job as you getting 27 euro per hour. Getting text at 3.30 every day to tell you what you working the next day. The can't keep the staff so now the management are fly Croatians over to work here. They pay for their flights and accommodation and give them jobs. Yet they treat there own staff like crazy.
Pros
Cons
Work every Sunday
Musgrave is one bad bad company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cork29 August 2018
What can I say about this company. Employees are treated with no respect. Manager treat you like a dog. It's a joke. Better of on the dole. Manager just complain and staff are same. You be depressed of your head from this place.
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Working here
What a joke of a company
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tramore road cork21 August 2018
I currently work in tramore road in the chill warehouse. This place is one joke of a company. Most of the night Line managers would spend the night in the office, most often asleep. When they get the strengh to get up they treat your like a child. Getting paid 10.65 an hour while people who also do the same job get paid 27 euro an hour. You be better off working in a sweat shop. It would be more fun
Pros
Getting sacked or suspended with full pay
Cons
The management and staff
Stay away
Depot operative (Current Employee) –  Cork15 August 2018
It is a slave driving place only care is money no respect for workers stay far away as possible it is like a concentration camp hours there are terrible and work every sunday
Pros
Getting sacked
Tramore road
Voice picker (Former Employee) –  Tramore road cork15 August 2018
Avoid at all costs .. worked here for 2 years and can say there isn't any job in this city that is worse .. ul get 10.70 per hour and guy who's picking same as you is on 27 euro an hour because he's there longer plus ul have to pick it quicker than him to get full bonus .. if u get 15 mins to pick milk ud need to do it in about 12 mins .. while guy who's there longer gets about 16 mins .... it's a merry go round in there now ... if they employ 10 new guys and 3 stay it's a miracle ... never know when ur starting or finishing work and expected to work 46 Sundays a year .... avoid at all costs ... a horrible toxic environment
Pros
None ..it's a kip
Cons
Pay .. hours worked .. Sundays ... list is endless
good place to work in.
Assistant store associate (Former Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin9 August 2018
my experience in musgraves was short and sweet, the staff were kinda friendly didnt really make me fit in and my manager in lack of a better term was a moanbag and was looking for reasons to fire me and thats just what she done. I have nothing else to say about musgraves but it is requiring me to type this so i digress.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
moany mangager
Fast paced, interesting and rewarding job.
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Park road, Limerick30 July 2018
My typical day at work involved receiving frozen and chilled deliveries in the morning. Also required were daily date checks, ensuring that all health and safety regulations were complied with, making sure all shelves were fully merchandised, pushing sales to ensure a healthy margin and minimize waste. Last but not least dealing with any and all customer issues where relevant to myself and my section.

A fast paced, target orientated work environment.

Customer service and building good relationships with customers is hugely important.

Hardest part of job is that it can be physically exerting.

Most enjoyable part was the good natured relationships between and among both staff and customers.

Management were friendly, professional and engaged with staff at all times.
Pros
Staff discount and early awareness of good value offers.
Cons
Cold temperatures, however not a major issue.
Former Operative in Kilcock
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare19 July 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. I have worked on sites for years which usually is not easy place to work but this places tops it by a country mile for everything bad, from been very unsafe place to work to you been treated like pure dirt by management. Middle management (line managers etc) are just on an ego trip, want to show power over you. Want people in before shift begins but if take an extra minute for a break you are called up over this. You are on the clock nearly the whole time and to meet time targets are not realistic. Kilcock has toxic environment. Stay well away from this place. Company that keeps showin family values they hav no values towards there own employees.
Pros
Working in, goods in
Cons
To many to list
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2018
Hours differed daily which had its benefits but the lack of stability/rostered hours became somewhat tedious.
Day-to-day assisted in customer queries, ensured products were restocked, checked orders were correct upon arrival and reordered stock daily.
I learned to be more focused on ensuring that customers are gratified with the service and if not reordering their products or finding out if another branch had the product in question. Also learned to up sell products.
Management was amicable and approachable, the lack of feeling of hierarchy made for a smooth running workplace.
The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was assisted when needed and time management in that case as was quite busy but overall I'd deem myself as a key employee.