Musgrave

Musgrave Pay & Benefits reviews

Workplace culture
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare28 November 2019
Heavy work pays too little.
Contempt of employees by line managers and depot managers.
All trainings are equally paid and the obligations towards work are higher
Save yourself
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin22 October 2019
Nothing good to say.SERIOUSLY.the canteen is good with subsidised dinners and the canteen staff are very nice but that would be all i have to say thats giod about this so called family orientated family business
Over worked, never get paid for overtime Told you cant take holidays wen you want Adding extra work every day even tho you have way too much as is
Delivery Driver Rigid Truck (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin24 September 2019
Over worked,
never get paid for overtime
Told you cant take holidays wen you want
Adding extra work every day even tho you have way too much as is
Management is brutal paid to jus be lazy and just pass there problems on to drivers,
Give you promises that never come through
Depression central
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Tramore road, cork city12 August 2019
If you work here your guaranteed depression, they’d rather fly in Croatians then pay Irish people a decent wage, the union is run by a load of old clowns who only look after themselves, it’s made very clear to you your just another number in there and can be easily replaced. Don’t do it to yourself. Hopefully the place goes bust they deserve it. Scraping poo stains off the jax would be a better job.
Educational and fun
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Robinhood, Clondalkin Dublin2227 June 2019
A good place to work, the management was very good to me while I was there. The hardest part would have been the deadlines but they were manageable. The enjoyable part was the benefits.
Great People, Ok place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cork6 June 2019
There can be a lot of pressure in this company given that it's a busy retail environment. The pay is only ok but it's really the people that make it a good place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Long Hours.
Productive workplace
Depot Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 December 2018
Musgrave Fonthill Warehouse is very busy place to work. Good bous pay and shift allowance. They taking care of health and safety at work and following the rules of roster given to the workers. Plus is extra shift working hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Fun but self-esteem destroying
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Limerick9 November 2018
When I started at the limerick branch I was optimistic about my job and that I was in safe hands as long as I did what was required. I then began to realise that I had to find out myself how to do certain tasks because of little training. People that have been there 20+ years looked drained and complain to the younger guys telling them they should get out of here which will have a huge negative effect on you.

The management just focus on meeting targets in the budget so that they gain in the form of bonuses even though the other staff suffer immensely and do the work of two people for minimum wage. For weeks and up to recently wages are not paid correctly. Did not recieve the correct holiday leave as I "owed them hours" whatever that means. Gradually lost my trust with the company. Worked there 3 years and still part-time with hours going down to 12 some weeks.

If you want a good career and a happy life DO NOT work for this company, unless you want physical health problems as well as self esteem problems. Other than that i got on well with most of my co-workers.
Pros
Management and Directors have nice cars.
Cons
Over worked. Really low pay.
Great Place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Musgraves friendly staff and a good place to work.Various shifts available and occassional weekend working required which is the norm in this arena.
Kip
Direct operative (Current Employee) –  Cork15 August 2018
This place is a kip. The managers make you feel like a child . Its impossible to even get one day off in a quiet period of the year while working 50 hour weeks and not getting the right wages for such a physically demanding job. When you go home you dont have any family time and the depression kicks in along with your feeling of emptyness.
Pros
Being told to go home
Cons
Being here
good place to work in.
Assistant store associate (Former Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin9 August 2018
my experience in musgraves was short and sweet, the staff were kinda friendly didnt really make me fit in and my manager in lack of a better term was a moanbag and was looking for reasons to fire me and thats just what she done. I have nothing else to say about musgraves but it is requiring me to type this so i digress.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
moany mangager
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2018
Hours differed daily which had its benefits but the lack of stability/rostered hours became somewhat tedious.
Day-to-day assisted in customer queries, ensured products were restocked, checked orders were correct upon arrival and reordered stock daily.
I learned to be more focused on ensuring that customers are gratified with the service and if not reordering their products or finding out if another branch had the product in question. Also learned to up sell products.
Management was amicable and approachable, the lack of feeling of hierarchy made for a smooth running workplace.
The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was assisted when needed and time management in that case as was quite busy but overall I'd deem myself as a key employee.
Okay place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare31 August 2017
Time constraints can feel too short and with everyone under the same time limits the work place can feel hostile at times. the pay is decent with a full canteen to get lunch and dinner in and reduced price vending machine were some benefits
Light work and comfortable environment
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin3 February 2017
It is a serious environmental
Dealing with provisions
Easy work in theory but a lot harder in person
Being a warehouse operative is a lot of work with less perks
Not enough holidays
Standard rate for overtime
Pros
Free tea and soup
Cons
Cold warehouse
Enjoyed my time there
Supply Chain Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cork13 August 2015
Great company to work for!! Would recommend this company to work for. I was there covering a maternity contract!! free parking and subsidised canteen.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Untrained Managers
High Turnover / Low Pay
3. Break
4. Serve customers \ Pack shelf
5. Clock out

What i have learned:
In the years i was there i learned that the most important thing is to keep your managers happy as they control your hours.

My co-workers:
The co-workers within the branch are highly intelligent and are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Nice canteen
Cons
long hours, low pay, no training (for long term career advances)
Very productive and demanding
Stock Replenishment/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  WD15 June 2015
A day working here was demanding and goal orientated. I learned very good customer service and communication skills. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, Demanding work
hard work and long hours
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  dublin18 October 2014
order picking / packing / wrapping and loading of trucks hourly .
unloading of deliveries and storing of products
quality control
general house keeping
great salary for long hours .
Pros
salary
Productive and good place to work.
Voice Picker (Former Employee) –  Kilcock, Co.Kildare3 December 2012
work in this warehouse was good enough, its a fast paced enviroment, i learned to work on my own, meet the deadlines. Co-workers is always there for help, friendly managment - that is two things that makes this company a good place to work.
Pros
pool table, cheap meals, free internet.
Cons
short brakes