Nando's

Ireland37 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,264 reviews

Very stressful work but can be fun at times.

This company was very good up until Covid/Brexit. After that they completely lost their ways and their new mentality is “just get on with it”. They say everybody is accepted all culture welcome but in reality that’s only apply if you are go out of your way to be “friendly” with upper management. You are not rated for the work you do. If you lucky and have a good general manager you could have a better work life but there are way too many bullies in this position to now days and they do absolutely nothing about them doesn’t matter how many complaints they received from staff members. If you friend with upper management you are protected.If you Eastern European you will struggle as they don’t like honesty they want you to sugarcoat everything you say. The company not growing in Ireland they always talk about opportunities in new stores but they just never happen. Salary is unfair for both assistant managers and supervisors so as the BOH staff members……

Friendly and encouraging work environment. Fast paced but rewarding. Would recommend for anyone looking to get in to hospotality. Pay is min wage and hours are flexible

Insights into Nando's

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good Job

Good job to work for, good pay and great environment . Staff is very friendly and welcoming. They work around your availability aswell and good holiday times

Fun but fast paced

Good place to work with a fun atmosphere. Definitely only suited for people who can handle the pressure of a fast paced restaurant. They're happy to work around your schedule and really friendly management.

Pros

Free lunches and discounts

Cons

Long hours, pressure

Fun

Perfect part time job for college. Made great friends and always had fun on shift. Good benefits but long hours especially on weekends but thats the nature of the work

Great company, bad work environment

The company was great to work for. The lunches, benefits, time off etc. Were great. The issue was the environment within the restaurant. Full of clique's, mean people who like to pick on new staff and the management is very prone to favouritism. It was emotionally exhausting going to work every day knowing some of my colleagues wouldn't treat me with respect. There was a real problem of older staff constantly making misogynistic or condescending jokes. I recommend working for the company but not this particular restaurant.

Pros

Free food, work-life balance, roster in advance, pay

Cons

Bad work atmosphere

Official response from Nando's

27 April 2021
Morning, many thanks for your review - sorry for the delay in responding. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into your comments and get back to you?

Fun workplace

Fun worplace, friendly staff , The salary is ok considering how much other companies pay.They usually give 30 hours per week. The atmosphere is relaxed and never stressful.

Pros

Free lunches

Official response from Nando's

27 April 2021
Hey, thanks for your review - sorry for the delay in responding. Great to see you have fun at work with your teammates and you're enjoying the free food!

Wonderful environment

Nandos is an amazing environment to work in, the training you get is second to none, the company is very involved in the community ie feeding the homeless , local produce etc staff turn over is minimal , extremely competitive starting pay rate that usually goes up at least once per financial year. Not to mention they are still currently paying staff through the pandemic .. many restaurants closed 90% of the year. All in all amazing workplace .. a second family that has great values.

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, discounts when eating with family, discount card for local shops, they are highly involved in the community

Rodzinna atmosfera

Super szkolenia prowadzone przez firmę nawet dla osób bez żadnego doświadczenia na tego typu stanowisku, szybki awans w krótkim czasie , bardzo przyjazna atmosfera , szacunek wzajemny ,zero dyskryminacji

Pros

Darmowe posiłki

Cons

Późne godziny zamknięcia

Excellent to work for feel like a family

Always friendly fast paced but excellent experience loads of team meetings once a month team builds and xmas partiesFree drinks and food on every shift

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours weekends and late nights

Low salary

Good atmosphere,excellent management, low salary, friendly staff, good apportuninity to upgrade skills and positions, suitable for young people's looking for catering future

Amazing workplace and nice manages and teamwork

I've been working in Nandos for over 2 years, they always look after their employees and treat them with nice and warm kind of respect, we are trained and prepared to provide better customer service.

Pros

free food for the staffs

Cons

over 3 work hours

Is a friendly place to work, make new friends. Could be a bit stressful on busy days but you can handle it on the week when there aren't so busy. Good salary.

Exciting place to work

While the work itself may be a little pressuring and difficult to become accustomed to, the staff and the management make it a fun place to work. Rewarded with praise from management on a daily basis

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Late hours

Fast paced enviroment

Nando's is a good company to work for, they really do look after their staff in terms of perk, holidays and benefits. There is excellent opportunities to develop and advance within the company. Hardest part of the job is the evenings and weekend work, it can be difficult with a young family involved

Pros

Free nandos and 6 weeks holidays

Cons

Good workplace to learn new skill

Nandos is a good workplace to learn new skills and has a very relaxed environment. The days can be busy but if you are lucky to have a good general manager it can also be full of different responsibilities.

Pros

food and fun

Cons

work most weekends

Decent Place to Work For

Nandos was my first job as a floor staff and I worked there for two years. It is a very interesting place to work for and you do learn a lot. I worked in liffey valley and it can get very busy at times. You might need a car as sometimes it is hard to get home because you will not be able to make the bus. You get for free when you are working and breaks are paid for. Management can be very bad at times but they always pay you on time. Full time is usually between 30-35 hours. I would recommend this company to work for if you are a student, the job can get a little annoying sometimes but I always just did my thing before I went home.

Pros

Free Lunch Allowance, Good Pay, Paid Breaks, Tips (not the best) Holidays and Free uniform

Cons

Long hours horrible breaks (work 8 hours only get 30 minutes) Annoying Repetitive job

Productive and fun place

Managers care about your well being and help in whatever you need during shift time and even with your personal problems. I met an amazing team of people. It's a good place to work.

Pros

Good food, good team and environment

Cons

Irregular shifts

Ambiente familiar e animado

Excelente treinamento. Ha um mix de culturas e com isso aprendemos a lidar com diferentes pessoas. Os gerentes sao muito proximos e auxiliam no que for preciso, mesmo quando o restaurante esta lotado, as coisas fluem, porque o trabalho em equipe e efetivo.

Pros

Turnos e dias intercalados e refeicao na empresa

Fun work place

We have always plan for a day.I developed my skills in this job :team working,winning spirit,communication.We have very good team.The hardest part of this job is lunch time.I always enjoyable at work becouse that help as to work smoothly.

Pros

Free meals and drinks

Cons

Non

Entre as 10 melhores empresas para se trabalhar

E tao facil e agradavel falar sobre o Nandos,pois foi uma das melhores empresa que tive a oprtunidade de trabalhar ou melhor colaborar. Uma empresa que tem como principal objetivo e valores o bem estar do funcionario seja no profissional ou pessoal. Com uma organizacao fantastica dentro do contexto geral (,rh, plano de carreira,bem estar do funcionario) Cada dia no nandos e um dia diferente A melhor parte do nandos e vir trabalhar e saber que vai encontrar um AMIGO e nao apenas um colega da equipe,isto se estende aos funcionarios e gerentes. A parte mais dificil para mim foi aprender a trabalhar em equipe em um espaco pequeno,pois tinha uma experiencia de um trabalho com uma grande equipe. Aprendir a conhecer a me mesmo,,quanto pessoa e profissional. Um dia tipico de trabalho no nandos e simplismente divertido,voce nao ver as horas passar a interacao equipe e clientes e faz com que o seu periodo de trabalho seja agradavel e produtivo.

Pros

Sao varios

Cons

Nao tem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement