Nando's
Coronavirus update
Information from Nando's:

Nando's Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
Always friendly fast paced but excellent experience loads of team meetings once a month team builds and xmas parties
Free drinks and food on every shift
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours weekends and late nights
Good atmosphere,excellent management, low salary, friendly staff, good apportuninity to upgrade skills and positions, suitable for young people's looking for catering future
I've been working in Nandos for over 2 years, they always look after their employees and treat them with nice and warm kind of respect, we are trained and prepared to provide better customer service.
Pros
free food for the staffs
Cons
over 3 work hours
It would be very busy on the weekends, but we would a great team on communicating effectively to get through the shift. The cooking was most difficult but I was an expert and trained incoming employees as a result.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very respectful and Kind People. I enjoyed working for them and would definitely recommend them to anyone. as my job was in waiting I get to meet people
I was told at the interview stage that I would struggle with the culture before they offered me the job! But I accepted the offer but still I thought it was very strange that they said this to me in beginning, if I was going to struggle then I’m not the right person for the job & you the interviewer hasn’t a clue about recruitment......
After I completed my training & started in my permanent location, I was on the back foot from the beginning because I’m not a person who drinks much & most of the team held this against me, even my area manager pointed out that I should be out socializing with my co workers but they never asked me why I dont drink, very inconsiderate of them!

The staff & managers were not interested in change & most of the managers I had on my team were very inexperienced for the position they were in.... not knowing what P&L stood for, never mind how it works.......

I was more like a psychologist then a restaurant manager, listening to all the staffs personal problems including mental health issues but the company do not provide training or support, they just give you a very vague answer in how to deal with it.....disgraceful!

I had staff coming to me about there parents not letting them go out on the weekends with there friends....who cares!! Get on with your job.

They say there all about the people but they only care about the staff that have workered there way up through the company & as I was an outsider who was very much treated that way by everyone in the business by been made feel very uncomfortable when attending meetings or training sessions,
 - more...
Pros
Cons
Joke a of company
For such a large company the resources and opportunities available to employees is abysmal. The work load is excessive physically due to poor management of the staff rota during busy times. Management was a nightmare to deal with and extremely petty and hypocritical, almost discriminatory in their favoritism. Employees in my time there felt undervalued and unfairly treated on a regular basis with issues arising on a weekly basis. Part of the problem was a poor structure at senior management level, for example only having 1 Human Resource manager who was rarely available or interested in staff problems or concerns. Overall a tough place to work and a difficult work environment for most who worked there with long hours, low pay and horrendous communication between management and staff.
Pros
Chicken
Cons
Everything else
Nando's is a good company to work for, they really do look after their staff in terms of perk, holidays and benefits. There is excellent opportunities to develop and advance within the company.
Hardest part of the job is the evenings and weekend work, it can be difficult with a young family involved
Pros
Free nandos and 6 weeks holidays
Cons
Busy and fun work environment. Deliveries three days a week. Good training standard for both external and internal hires. Interactive and supportive human resources. Great workplace culture for both in house and overall company. Very close knit company. Can be intimidating to an external hire but management and staff will make you feel welcome. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches, team building events, nights out and good social structure
Cons
Very close knit and can be slightly intimidating
Nandos is a good workplace to learn new skills and has a very relaxed environment. The days can be busy but if you are lucky to have a good general manager it can also be full of different responsibilities.
Pros
food and fun
Cons
work most weekends
Nandos was my first job as a floor staff and I worked there for two years. It is a very interesting place to work for and you do learn a lot.

I worked in liffey valley and it can get very busy at times. You might need a car as sometimes it is hard to get home because you will not be able to make the bus.

You get for free when you are working and breaks are paid for. Management can be very bad at times but they always pay you on time.

Full time is usually between 30-35 hours.

I would recommend this company to work for if you are a student, the job can get a little annoying sometimes but I always just did my thing before I went home.
Pros
Free Lunch Allowance, Good Pay, Paid Breaks, Tips (not the best) Holidays and Free uniform
Cons
Long hours horrible breaks (work 8 hours only get 30 minutes) Annoying Repetitive job
Managers care about your well being and help in whatever you need during shift time and even with your personal problems.
I met an amazing team of people.

It's a good place to work.
Pros
Good food, good team and environment
Cons
Irregular shifts
Shifts changed on a daily basis
Experience inside a working and busy kitchen

Great emphasis on happy employees (3rd best company to work for in Ireland)
Pros
Great Kitchen experience
Cons
Shifts were short
Excelente treinamento. Ha um mix de culturas e com isso aprendemos a lidar com diferentes pessoas. Os gerentes sao muito proximos e auxiliam no que for preciso, mesmo quando o restaurante esta lotado, as coisas fluem, porque o trabalho em equipe e efetivo.
Pros
Turnos e dias intercalados e refeicao na empresa
I leraned the skills of management,how to get the best out of my team,the work culture and ethics of the work place helped be groom better as a person,working with people from different nations helped me appreciate things much better,as i was working away from home for the first time the first 2 months i struggled with pace and life in Dubai,but my team and management supported me.I enjoyed as a Restaurant Manager working long hours,it was because my outlet was my baby,and i wanted to give the best results in terms of sales,increase guest count,delivery numbers
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Nothing for me as i loved my Job at Nandos
We have always plan for a day.I developed my skills in this job :team working,winning spirit,communication.We have very good team.The hardest part of this job is lunch time.I always enjoyable at work becouse that help as to work smoothly.
Pros
Free meals and drinks
Cons
Non
In a good shift all staff is doing the job properly having a positive attitude, being happy and relax, customers are treated with respect in a professional manner.
Team work is very important, when you see that other member of staff is always treat you with respect and willing to help you any time is possible and necessary, your own productivity is better.

Best part of the job came when I am appreciate for what i am doing well and get honest feedback.
Pros
Lots of free chickens
Cons
When you are unable to make a customer happy
E tao facil e agradavel falar sobre o Nandos,pois foi uma das melhores empresa que tive a oprtunidade de trabalhar ou melhor colaborar.
Uma empresa que tem como principal objetivo e valores o bem estar do funcionario seja no profissional ou pessoal.

Com uma organizacao fantastica dentro do contexto geral (,rh, plano de carreira,bem estar do funcionario)

Cada dia no nandos e um dia diferente

A melhor parte do nandos e vir trabalhar e saber que vai encontrar um AMIGO e nao apenas um colega da equipe,isto se estende aos funcionarios e gerentes.

A parte mais dificil para mim foi aprender a trabalhar em equipe em um espaco pequeno,pois tinha uma experiencia de um trabalho com uma grande equipe.

Aprendir a conhecer a me mesmo,,quanto pessoa e profissional.

Um dia tipico de trabalho no nandos e simplismente divertido,voce nao ver as horas passar a interacao equipe e clientes e faz com que o seu periodo de trabalho seja agradavel e produtivo.
Pros
Sao varios
Cons
Nao tem