National College of Ireland

National College of Ireland Employee Reviews

Generally they support their staff but little job security for associate Lecturers
It's along time ago since I worked here. There was good support for lecturers. I ran into problems in my second year because I let myself be persuaded that I should take on twice the work load that I originally agreed to do because the lecturer that normally took the second class, after me on a Wednesday evening, fell off a ladder and was out sick for the rest of the semester. I was told that the students would lose four weeks lecture time if the college had to recruit a new lecturer. The alternative was that I squeeze all my lectures for the year into the first semester. I said I would need to think about it but I was pressured into agreeing immediately or leaving the department in a bad way. So reluctantly I agreed to take on the challenge. As a result I struggled to keep up over the next 8 weeks. The other thing about that college was that the college President in an effort to bring in students from disadvantaged backgrounds allowed students with no school leaving certificate to gain entry on a degree course with the promise that the college would get them up to speed. Half my mature students ability to communicate in the English language was appallingly bad while the other half of the class were brilliant with very little in between. Added to my woes was the idea, among my class, that my subject was about as useful to them as a swimsuit in a snow storm! (This was due to poor course structuring). My younger students in my first year of teaching, in contrast, had such a success with my subject that this contributed, to a large degree, to 14 out of my 22 students gaining '1st - more...
Pros
Good staff support, reasonably well paid, collaborative effort. On the whole very rewarding.
Cons
Limited facilities, illiterate students, poor entry standards
fun workplace
A nice workplace, with good work life balance. good team work, helpful staff and fun activities are planned for staff and students every now and then..
fun
I am a student at the national college of and they make it very for students as there is always help when need, the staff will always go the extra mile to make everyone is satisfied.
Poor work culture
Lack of efficient management and operations resulting in high turnover. Limited career progression opportunities and no strategy for staff well being. Most staff work hard for benefit of students, others more interested in numbers and bums on seats.
Supportive.
Computing Lab Assistant at National College of Ireland under School of Computing.It is a supportive role for students and gives an opportunity for one's development as well.
Fast paced college
Mutliple courses delivered both full time and part time. Under graduate and Post Graduate across for multi national students from all over the world as well as locally. Friendly atmosphere inside and outside the classroom
Workplace is good
NCI is really good institute to work with.I really adore the set up environment and people there. keep growing .I am happy.
All the best luck

Thanks

sidra
Pros
learning experience
Cons
contract
Nice Place to Work
I am working at National College of Ireland Full-time contract (More than 7months) Learned time management especially. Management is pretty cool. Friendly workplace environment.
Pros
Nice place to work. Friendly peers and investment in professional development.
Cons
Nothing bad to say really. A few slight improvement which can be cover up easily
new company catering for foreign nationals mostly from Pakistan
The college despite their lack of emphasis on quality had a need for good results which the students achieved where appropriate.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National College of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9