Natus Medical Incorporated Employee Reviews

Technical Service has Great Culture
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 May 2018
Natus is a great place to work, it's like having a second family. The team members genuinely gel and care about one another. The environment is supportive, the training is great and if you miss something, there is always someone who will jump in to assist. Our product is excellent. I feel proud of our service team and the products we offer. We make a difference in the lives of so many people, and the satisfaction that comes with knowing you are supporting a product that helps young and old is second to none. The company offers the opportunity to grow from within and recognizes employee efforts. Proactivity is rewarded. Natus offers flexible hours, fair compensation, bonuses and comprehensive extended benefits. (Free coffee, bottled water and soda). The work events for team building are also enjoyable. I have never once woken up and thought, I don't want to go to work, I look forward to each day. Management is equally supportive and accessible, right up to the top. If I had to say there was one area for improvement, it would be communication; but it takes someone to start the conversation so why can't it be you?
Pros
Free coffee, water and soda. Team Building events, Company events, Great Culture.
Hard to work for
Customer Service Capital Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WI29 April 2018
I work 12 plus hour days
Company expects manager to be available at all times
hard to have a life
most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. I have a great team and shield them from the managment
Terrible place to work
Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA25 March 2018
Management was horrid. I was jerked around from the beginning. I was hired and it took months to start work. Paper work was messed up. Took training I was never paid for. Long drive to work for 2 hour pay, and had to pay for parking. Was told this would be a flexible job while in school and work, but this was untrue. Only got 4-8 hours a week.
Pros
working with the babies
Cons
flexibility, management
Management out touch with the day to day
Finance analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL11 February 2018
Worked in Orlando was offered a job declined it as the management treats the staff poorly especially if you are a woman . If you complain they treat you worst as they tell the other managers.
Pros
Food and drink provide in break room
Cons
Mismanaged and California is out of touch with Orlando office
Constantly changing quality team
Manufacturing and Factory Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, IL9 February 2018
There has been a constant change in Quality Engineers and Quality managers for the past couple of years. This has made it very difficult to follow the quality system that is in place.
Poor company, even if it is in biomedical...
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON23 December 2017
Poor company, very focused on profits and return, but not on the quality of their services and products. Possible, they would sell even potatoes on the NYSE, or TSX, eventually, if this might be more profitable. Poor training, lot of money spent on management side, less on employees. Good insurance, unfriendly working environment, people hide of each other.
No hours and bad management
Newborn Screener (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC11 December 2017
The most hours a week I got was 13. Even the "full-time" employees could not even get 25 due to the number of babies needing screened. I would drive an hour to work to get less than 2 hours paid time. There is little to no communication from management. The nurses of the hospital do not respect you. You do not even have a key card to supply closets for things as small as sanitary wipes or gloves. Therefore we are told by our supervisor to "just take some out of empty rooms when needed". The oldest employee has only been there for 5 months. The work itself is rewarding, as you tend to babies, although you are only able to put the sensors on and leave. There is no educating work or skills to be learned. I do not recommend this job.
Pros
Experience at a hospital
Cons
Pay, hours, poor communication, no privileges or benefits
Great place to work!
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Chicago/Surrounding suburbs16 November 2017
I worked here while I was in nursing school and the hours were flexible they were always willing to work with my availability. I loved working with the babies and the managers were awesome. Great experience!
Pros
Training lasts until your comfortable, work independently, flexible
Cons
If the census is low not many hours
Natus is a good place to work
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJ9 November 2017
i like natus, i only criticize their methods i think they are out dated with technology in comparison to their competion at alliance.
natus should figure out a way to give a full time schedule to all of their workers.
Pros
office
Cons
low hours, little work, dated material
Peloton
Hospital Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA5 November 2017
Peloton is a new organization that has been around for 3 years. It is quickly growing throughout the entire country. Overall, I would say that Peloton s a great place to work.
Good Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA31 October 2017
Working with customers is very satisfying.
Finding best solution to issues keeps each day new and exciting.
I've learned how to be patient, how to listen and repeat what I hear for clarification.
Learned to do what you say your going to do.
Hardest part is fluctuations in income.
Satisfied customers and sales reps. Being #1 at the end of the year!
Company too focused on growth
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & PAYROLL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL14 April 2017
The Company is too focused on growth and needs to spend more time getting their IT infrastructure and software programs working much better. They also need to focus on creating a company culture where everone is rowing the boat in the same direction.
Was hired but never worked
Screener (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI25 March 2017
I was hired back in February after interviewd with a supervisor via online. A lot of things was needed as far as drug testing and n95 that I had to pay for myself. Online training that I never got to use. Just a lot of time wasted on getting ready to work and never worked. This company basically hadn't secured the account within the hospital I was to be working. It took weeks to find what happened to actually starting which never happened. Then they decided to pay something to the people that they basically jerked around and promised a severance pay because people was counting on working no severance pay still ... worst company ever.
Pros
The pay amount was ok but
Cons
Too many things to mention...the lack of communican between employer and employee
Most enjoyable group, great learning experience!
Senior Medical Label Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 March 2017
Wonderful experience with a top notch Medical company serving the needs of Newborns. Very advanced in their technology and pursuing even further breakthroughs to stay on top of their game. Great management & environment to learn about the complex world of Regulatory, FDA and Medical products & packaging.
Would love to work full time or even a longer contract with Natus! The Seattle & local neighborhood culture was ideal for artists & designers to thrive & enjoy--even lunch outings were an adventure! Georgetown for example: eclectic, avant garde, and endless variety of superb food- even a Glass Blowing school, with open door viewing!So much to see & do. Ideal workplace indeed!
Pros
Ideal all around place to work, on & offsite!
Cons
Wish contract continued longer!
Great team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin10 March 2017
Natus is a good company to work for. Career advancement is available for some departments. Work environment is comfortable and co-workers make a great team.
fun experience
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GA25 January 2017
typical day you are working alone and you wont get too many hours. this is not a good job for someone who needs full time work with benefits. This would be god for someone who needs extra money
QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY22 March 2016
• Participate testing manually in web-based applications & Client/server applications
• Develop test plans from project information provided: Statements of Work, Functional Specifications, Technical
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table.
Systems Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OR24 December 2013
The Clackamas division of Natus Medical is a hard working team that also knows how to have fun during breaks and after work. A ping pong table set up in large area allows for stress to be warn off quickly. A customer orientated team keeps customers coming back for repeat business.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
short and sometimes no breaks
Fast paced working and friendly environment
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, IL4 September 2013
Stocking product onto shelves for shipping as well as researching for product that may have been caused by received and/or stocking errors.

Worked at helping on a yearly basis, performance reviews and insurance set up.

The most fun was working as the editor on a newletter that was distibuted to over 700 coworkers every month. Working with different departments and learning about their functions and meeting new people.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Very long hours. A lot of time spent away from family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natus Medical Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.